Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I'm somewhat bullish on what Sweety could still become
    Me too. And I think its now incumbent upon the club (if we're not going to bring in an established ruckman) to set about making his development a big priority. He needs to be given all available resources to get himself ready to stake out a permanent number 1 ruck role next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Given it looks like we’ve struck out on bringing in a ruck, Sweet just needs to play. Martin is depth only next year.

Time to take the ruck role seriously and look at it long term.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not sure I'd put much trust in "The Salty Dog"...
    Nothing against the Salty Dog but I've read a lot from him and I suspect his tweets are based on snippets of information he sees in the media.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nothing against the Salty Dog but I've read a lot from him and I suspect his tweets are based on snippets of information he sees in the media.
    Which doesn’t make what comes out any less true
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not sure I'd put much trust in "The Salty Dog"...
    Well that moniker sounds like a description of me and my frustrations with our attitude to ruck.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good is this from Colin Young?

Im thinking about making a comeback and Im going to be represented by Colin Young - if he gets Lobb another two years he is a genius

https://www.afl.com.au/news/683563/p...ne-of-silence-

"It's a very strong family club, the GWS. There wouldn’t be a week that goes by that Rory doesn’t talk to his teammates from GWS," player manager Colin Young told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"I said [to Giants football manager Jason McCartney] with a flip of my tongue, 'I know Rory has only been here for a short period but geez he loves GWS, I reckon he might want to come back’. Then out of the blue I get the call and it's game on.

"If there was an opportunity that GWS want him back, I know he would jump at it."

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Jon Ralph now reporting the same thing. We're not looking for any rucks this off season and plan to go in with the three on our list.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

12. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Jon Ralph now reporting the same thing. We're not looking for any rucks this off season and plan to go in with the three on our list.
    I guess if Stef's legs fall off there is always the safety net of the mid season draft. Hardly ideal though.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, what's the club's rationale if the reporting is to be believed? Surely they can't be confident in the trio we have after the last 4 years.

Technically with Young gone our rucks are even worse than 2021. Considering Martin's also a year older, well...

Let's hope Sweet transforms into Brad Ottens overnight.
    W00F!

15. Likes Mofra, Vred, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I don't really consider English a ruck and I consider Stef Martin more a development coach than a legitimate 22 + game option.

Jordan Sweet has played 5 games and is effectively our only ruck.

For the love of god.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we should chuck the shin pad on Zaine over pre-season and just get him to focus on planting a knee into the opposition ruckman’s ribs every time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

We don’t know yet whether there is a ruckman (or two) in the state leagues that we will use our later picks/rookie picks on. We could even elevate JGM from the VFL as further insurance.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

19. Likes bornadog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    We don’t know yet whether there is a ruckman (or two) in the state leagues that we will use our later picks/rookie picks on. We could even elevate JGM from the VFL as further insurance.
    The mid-season draft has effectively killed that strategy as the clubs that need to add a ruck do so in the middle of the year. The state leagues have been mined and at this stage we're late to the party.

JGM is 196cm and spent most of his junior career (and Carlton time) as a KPD. I really don't hold much hope that he's a legitimate ruck option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't really consider English a ruck and I consider Stef Martin more a development coach than a legitimate 22 + game option.

Jordan Sweet has played 5 games and is effectively our only ruck.

For the love of god.
    Surely Power is foxing as this is the most insane list management strategy of all time.

22. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The mid-season draft has effectively killed that strategy as the clubs that need to add a ruck do so in the middle of the year. The state leagues have been mined and at this stage we're late to the party.

JGM is 196cm and spent most of his junior career (and Carlton time) as a KPD. I really don't hold much hope that he's a legitimate ruck option.
    JGM 198cm not 196. Also having watched almost all Footscray games in 2021 he has a great leap, gets more clearances than Sweet, is good below his knees and more mobile around the ground eg see Round 1 against Suns where he was first ruck. Given it was his first season with limited opportunities as a first ruck, IMO he’s shown real promise. I wouldn’t underestimate his potential as a ruck.

24. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post