Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Found this on Whateley’s SEN show Twitter - the Twitter handle is Riley Beveridge of the AFL

.@RileyBev on the Dogs not chasing a ruckman: "I think it would have come onto their agenda had they lost Jordon Sweet to West Coast.

"I think there'll be more opportunity in the future for him. They're pretty confident he can make that leap and play on a consistent basis."

Can they take me through Lewis Young playing a month of senior footy in the ruck deep into a post season run then?

Anyway…will be happy to see Sweet more often if his form warrants it.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Do they have a spare ruck (even a hybrid one)??
    Suns took Ned Moyle at the mid season draft. Young developing ruck.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Found this on Whateley’s SEN show Twitter - the Twitter handle is Riley Beveridge of the AFL

.@RileyBev on the Dogs not chasing a ruckman: "I think it would have come onto their agenda had they lost Jordon Sweet to West Coast.

"I think there'll be more opportunity in the future for him. They're pretty confident he can make that leap and play on a consistent basis."

Can they take me through Lewis Young playing a month of senior footy in the ruck deep into a post season run then?

Anyway…will be happy to see Sweet more often if his form warrants it.
    There aren't any.

Apparently some guy Lynch from the Pies who has played 3 games will improve the runners up.

Beggar's belief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There aren't any.

Apparently some guy Lynch from the Pies who has played 3 games will improve the runners up.

Beggar's belief.
    Compared to Sweet who has played a whopping 5 games and was so thoroughly destroyed by Gawn we decided Lewis Young was a better option.

At least Lynch broke even with Gawn and was critical in the Pies beating them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Compared to Sweet who has played a whopping 5 games and was so thoroughly destroyed by Gawn we decided Lewis Young was a better option.

... it's almost like there is a second tier competition that provides a guide to how players are tracking...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    They played the bulk of the year without a real ruck.
    That's ridiculous BJ, no team would ever do that.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

10. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the sticking point for me.

We went into 2 cutthroat finals with LEWIS YOUNG as our first ruck.

And Young is gone now, too. I'm not sure on what planet taking 3 rucks into next season is good business when one is 35 and managed 8 and 9 games in the last 2 years and the other is Sweet who has played 5 games and discarded for a rarely selected KPD.
    W00F!

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's silly. Lynch was the reason the Pies beat the Demons?
    It was at the SCG.
    They targeted Oliver.
    Cmon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    ... it's almost like there is a second tier competition that provides a guide to how players are tracking...
    Amazing that the Pies let him go. Because of his 5-10 VFL games?

We need to be reasonable here.

Post Thanks / Like

For all the machinations I don't think there are any Rucks available that would make any difference to our side next season.

16. Likes 1eyedog, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They could be looking at Sweet's trajectory in athletic performance based on previous improvement rates and figure he will be in a better position to run to the required level/ fatigue less than he was this year when Lewis was picked over him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They could be looking at Sweet's trajectory in athletic performance based on previous improvement rates and figure he will be in a better position to run to the required level/ fatigue less than he was this year when Lewis was picked over him.
    You've tried to trade Dunks, you didn't talk to Ed to find out his injury, you hate Kurt Cobain but on this...

You are wise.

19. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

And Young is gone now, too. I'm not sure on what planet taking 3 rucks into next season is good business when one is 35 and managed 8 and 9 games in the last 2 years and the other is Sweet who has played 5 games and discarded for a rarely selected KPD.
    Stranger things I guess. We started this year with the intention of playing Bruce, Naughton and English as our tall forwards and with Martin as the first ruck. Unfortunately Martin got injured and Sweet was given just a small run at it.
    Late in the season around when Bruce was injured and after we lost some faith in Sweet we improvised and threw Young into the ruck mix with OK results given the spare parts nature of how we used him. It's not like we had spent the better part of the season grooming him as a ruck man.

Now after losing Young to Carlton after preferring him over Sweet and with English deferring on signing a contract extension and question marks again on Martin's fitness we seem to think that the 3 boys will have this covered.

Lets hope this works out well for us and the boys are fit and firing.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

The Tigers won flags with Shaun Grigg as a ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You've tried to trade Dunks, you didn't talk to Ed to find out his injury, you hate Kurt Cobain but on this...

You are wise.
    The bolded part is untrue, but I do think Dave Grohl is overrated.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.