Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 35 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Shout out to Timmy.

NN got 7 more touches (much less efficient though), 16 more hit outs and a handful more clearances
    Timmy got 6 more marks and 3 more tackles, 2 more intercepts, 1 more shot at goal, 1 more GA & Score Involvement, 19% more efficient

Without going to the tapes, I’m going to say NN won in the ruck contests that was responsible for his main stats being higher. But Tim seems to have outworked him around the ground, especially forward to even the ledger. Both men played to their very different strengths. In the end best case for WCE was a draw where they expected dominance. Bevo’s counter point to play to our strengths and not overly focus on weakness paid off as Tim’s return was terrific.
    Agree. But I saw some really good signs from Tim with his ruckcraft. NN is the type of player Tim has been panted by before. Today, we saw Tim time his jumps better, use movement and change of position at the ruck contest to at least halve the hit out, and deny NN (and therefore his on all crew) 100% confidence they were going to win at every ruck contest.
    Like Bont, NN's talent can't always be denied, but Tim did more than enough to ensure Nick wasn't a crucial factor.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Natanui also frequently grabs onto and pulls away the opponent, you saw a few times where he grabs the waist of English and used his momentum to remove English from the contest entirely.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the facts Jack. Just the facts.

Stef Martin
    34 years 7 months

2021:
    5 games without injury
    2 games injured in/after (Achilles & Shoulder)
    7 games missed to injury at this stage
    Out for another two or three with a groin. Three seperate injuries now. Whilst I’m not wanting to sign him to next season, if there’s room in our soft cap I think he could be really important for a few seasons. Our main competitor rival rucks are Gawn & McInerney, who Martin has played with them at Melbourne & Brisbane. Plus he’s got 15 years experience and would have great insight on how to tactically deal with all the rucks in the league. With English still developing, Sweet trying to get his career moving and Darcy going to need to add technique to his 205cm, a very well seasoned ruck coach seems like something which would be nice to have now into the longer window. Martin seems like a good candidate. Like Bevo he can give up the other stuff and just focus on the weights.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Out for another two or three with a groin. Three seperate injuries now. Whilst I’m not wanting to sign him to next season, if there’s room in our soft cap I think he could be really important for a few seasons. Our main competitor rival rucks are Gawn & McInerney, who Martin has played with them at Melbourne & Brisbane. Plus he’s got 15 years experience and would have great insight on how to tactically deal with all the rucks in the league. With English still developing, Sweet trying to get his career moving and Darcy going to need to add technique to his 205cm, a very well seasoned ruck coach seems like something which would be nice to have now into the longer window. Martin seems like a good candidate. Like Bevo he can give up the other stuff and just focus on the weights.
    I'd keep him on a bare bones playing contract if his body isn't completely cooked by year's end. It means we'll have a break in case of emergency option AND a ruck/stoppages coach we don't need to pay out of the soft cap.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'd keep him on a bare bones playing contract if his body isn't completely cooked by year's end. It means we'll have a break in case of emergency option AND a ruck/stoppages coach we don't need to pay out of the soft cap.
    I can still see him being huge in September for us, it might be his last real crack at one.

Can envision an influential finals series swaying a call on his future
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I can still see him being huge in September for us, it might be his last real crack at one.

Can envision an influential finals series swaying a call on his future
    Man, I'm praying you are right.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Steven King still at the club?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Isn't Steven King still at the club?
    He is senior assistant, number two to Bevo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is senior assistant, number two to Bevo
    And one of the best ruckman of his time. Perhaps he doesn't have time to be a ruck coach?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And one of the best ruckman of his time. Perhaps he doesn't have time to be a ruck coach?
    Isn't he our stoppages coach?

Post Thanks / Like

Some teaching

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Some teaching

If Sweet was getting game time I would have Martin in his ear when he goes to the bench.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If Sweet was getting game time I would have Martin in his ear when he goes to the bench.
    Excellent idea. I’m sure that would have made a difference in the Melbourne game.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com saying Rory Lobb is gettsble. Has ties to Victoria. $700,000 a year.

He’d be the type of ruck Bevo would like. Lobb & English rucking and playing forward…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com saying Rory Lobb is gettsble. Has ties to Victoria. $700,000 a year.

He’d be the type of ruck Bevo would like. Lobb & English rucking and playing forward…
    Do we still have that no dickhead policy?

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post