Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Can't beat the coast lifestyle and those sweet sweet connections I guess
    I live in one of the worst suburbs of Melbourne and I still wouldn't leave it for Geelong lol
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Can't beat the coast lifestyle and those sweet sweet connections I guess
    Ceglar is originally from Wodonga I believe so just a stones throw from Corio Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    One day, I’m hoping after we finally have a proper ruckman we can start a new thread:

We Got Rucked
    we are well and truly rucked

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe part of the issue with Ceglar is we don't rate him particularly highly. As in just want him as a back up, little assurances etc. Much rather Ceglar than nothing but definitely not a Bevo style ruckman (if that isn't an oxymoron.

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If gossip hawks open to offers for any players over 26 what would we need to offer to get McAvoy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Maybe part of the issue with Ceglar is we don't rate him particularly highly. As in just want him as a back up, little assurances etc. Much rather Ceglar than nothing but definitely not a Bevo style ruckman (if that isn't an oxymoron.
    I think we rated him as a decent option but maybe Geelong were into him earlier.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If gossip hawks open to offers for any players over 26 what would we need to offer to get McAvoy?
    I think they might want to keep McEvoy due to his leadership. Wingard, Mitchell and O'Meara don't seem like leader types.

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hawks are trying to improve their draft hand not just give players away (other than Ceglar). Nobody is going to offer anything of value for McEvoy who will be 33 next season. I think they want him to stay to help develop Reeves and provide some leadership.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think they might want to keep McEvoy due to his leadership. Wingard, Mitchell and O'Meara don't seem like leader types.
    I'd take Wingard and plant him in the forward line, his an upgrade over a few on our list. Hopefully we can somehow lure Ceglar over.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Maybe we are just going to get the best mature VFL ruckman in? Checks VFL team of the year, oh...

On a tangent, could Edge be in line for a Hansen/King’s role? Those of you that have seen a bit of McComb, would he someone that would be worth taking as a late/rookie pick up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    On a tangent, could Edge be in line for a Hansen/King’s role? Those of you that have seen a bit of McComb, would he someone that would be worth taking as a late/rookie pick up?
    I didn't realise Edge has been with the club since 2014. Before that he was with GWS for 4 years so I guess he has the necessary experience.

Post Thanks / Like

McComb is an impressive VFL player - he is not tall but is big bodied - plays best in the midfield where we have plenty of options - suggest we are better to use late picks/rookie selections on ‘needs’.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seen on Twitter (@TheSaltyBulldog)

The Western Bulldogs are not currently pursuing any ruckman.

They are hoping that Stefan Martin will return to full fitness and another pre-season will help Tim English.

[@DavidZita1]
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Seen on Twitter (@TheSaltyBulldog)

The Western Bulldogs are not currently pursuing any ruckman.

They are hoping that Stefan Martin will return to full fitness and another pre-season will help Tim English.

[@DavidZita1]
    Fingers crossed our mids learn how to defend against a dominant oppo ruck and mids over the pre-season otherwise it’ll be another year up the shitter.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea who that source is. Are they actually reliable or just @traderumours?