Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    In which context?

Bringing in a ruck so he doesn't play there means he is less likely to want to stay?

Or, we need to plan in case he wants to leave?
    With Martin's ability to get onto the park, Sweet still yet to prove his worth and English delaying putting pen to paper on a new deal perhaps getting Ceglar or someone else might be a good investment.
    It might allow us to ease Martin into a lesser role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why people think Sweet can't do the job. We got a small taste this season and did pretty well. We tied our hands behind our back by not putting more games into him when we could. He should be playing a lot in 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't get why people think Sweet can't do the job. We got a small taste this season and did pretty well. We tied our hands behind our back by not putting more games into him when we could. He should be playing a lot in 2022.
    Because he was absolutely stuffed by the end of the year?
    I expect some improvement but to we're putting all of our ruck eggs into the basket of a kid with 5 games, a guy who seems better suited to a dual ruck/forward role, and a 35 year old who can barely get on the park... then nobody.

It just doesn't seem like we can cover inevitable injuries/form issues.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure he could certainly attempt to do the job but not sure about your confidence in him being AFL standard.

Hes played 5 games, and outside if that has been so unimpressive from an mc perspective that we have preffered a competitive but substandard Young this year and basically no ruck last.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Was that from Friday?
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Last night.
    If you go back several pages I posted it on Friday.

8. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If you go back several pages I posted it on Friday.

Thanks I couldn't find it and thought I was going crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Because he was absolutely stuffed by the end of the year?
    I expect some improvement but to we're putting all of our ruck eggs into the basket of a kid with 5 games, a guy who seems better suited to a dual ruck/forward role, and a 35 year old who can barely get on the park... then nobody.

It just doesn't seem like we can cover inevitable injuries/form issues.
    He's not ready yet but he has more actual ruck craft than English. If he continues his rate of improvement and development (that he has already shown on the list to date) he will be AFL ready in 2 years.

I like like stopgap option of Ceglar if it is still in play. I also think we should pick a young ruckman in one of the drafts so they can be developed on the list. It is about as likely that English will ever become an AFL standard #1 ruck as it is that Daniel will become one.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's not ready yet but he has more actual ruck craft than English. If he continues his rate of improvement and development (that he has already shown on the list to date) he will be AFL ready in 2 years.

I like like stopgap option of Ceglar if it is still in play. I also think we should pick a young ruckman in one of the drafts so they can be developed on the list. It is about as likely that English will ever become an AFL standard #1 ruck as it is that Daniel will become one.
    I think this is where I sit too. I still consider Sweet more of a 'developing' ruck than a 'ready' ruck and have little faith in English and Stef next year for various reasons.

List management is as much about risk as it is opportunity and teh risks of going into next year so thin in the ruck department just seems too great
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

As well as Darcy, or plus?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In addition to Darcy. Happy if it is ND or rookie draft.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think Darcy will be a KP player in time more than a ruckman. His father was a late developer in that area.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Sure he could certainly attempt to do the job but not sure about your confidence in him being AFL standard.

Hes played 5 games, and outside if that has been so unimpressive from an mc perspective that we have preffered a competitive but substandard Young this year and basically no ruck last.
    Again we tied our hands behind our back there. COVID did not help because VFL was not running but had we put more games into him I'm quite sure Sweet could have been an option. Once VFL was put on hold a lot of players could have had a line put through them until 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Darcy will be a KP player in time more than a ruckman. His father was a late developer in that area.
    That was more because he was stuck behind Scott Wynd and was pretty handy playing forward than due to a lack of development on Darcy's behalf. As soon as Wynd retired Darcy stepped straight up to the number one role.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Again we tied our hands behind our back there. COVID did not help because VFL was not running but had we put more games into him I'm quite sure Sweet could have been an option. Once VFL was put on hold a lot of players could have had a line put through them until 2022.
    Wasn't it reported that after his last game in the seniors his limited exposure at VFL level was really ordinary?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Sam Darcy going to ruck next year? If not I'm as dumbfounded as everyone else, why would Bevo say that without a single recruit coming
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff