Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't really consider English a ruck and I consider Stef Martin more a development coach than a legitimate 22 + game option.

Jordan Sweet has played 5 games and is effectively our only ruck.

For the love of god.
    For a team that made the GF, it’s quite the position to take eh?

If the media is to be believed, we only offered Sweet a one year rookie deal initially, which doesn’t exactly scream confidence in the kid.

Maybe Sam Darcy will surprise us next year….
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Threedogs View Post
    JGM 198cm not 196. Also having watched almost all Footscray games in 2021 he has a great leap, gets more clearances than Sweet, is good below his knees and more mobile around the ground eg see Round 1 against Suns where he was first ruck. Given it was his first season with limited opportunities as a first ruck, IMO he’s shown real promise. I wouldn’t underestimate his potential as a ruck.
    Would he be a good rookie option ? Mobile KPD, maybe develop as a ruck or backman ?

Good insurance for Young leaving and incase someone down back gets injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Would he be a good rookie option ? Mobile KPD, maybe develop as a ruck or backman ?

Could do worse. A versatile extra tall with mongrel wouldnt hurt. Tough player who looks out for teammates. Got rid of Paddy McCartin when he was literally belting our small forwards in Swans match

4. Likes The Doctor, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post

I think that is a good way at looking at JGM, offers a bit a depth in a couple of positions and a pinch hit in a ruck option.
    Tend to think it's a more unlikely scenario for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see JGM get a go on our list.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

8. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'd like to see JGM get a go on our list.
    What position do you think might suit him Doc?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So we’re relying on an injury prone 35yr old to stay healthy, a naturally uncompetitive human to suddenly become an aggressive beast and a guy who we refuse to play to become a number 1 ruck overnight. Good grief. I wouldn’t take odds on any of those happening in isolation.
    Yes. According to some anonymous dude on twitter. I don't really pay a lot of attention to tweeters who doesn't use his own name.

Sam Power isn't known for shouting his intentions from the rooftops. Anything could happen between now and when they ring the bell.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    What position do you think might suit him Doc?
    Key defender.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

14. Likes GVGjr, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So crazy it might just work.
    And I recon he would love it. He does have a bit of sh#% in him.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't really consider English a ruck and I consider Stef Martin more a development coach than a legitimate 22 + game option.

Jordan Sweet has played 5 games and is effectively our only ruck.

For the love of god.
    Lynch has played less and Ladhams has played 20 odd. There's not a lot of difference in experience between some of the other rucks we've been discussing. Unless you mean you want 4 rucks on the list?

There's really not much out there. I'm not sold on having Martin and Ceglar on the list.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yes. According to some anonymous dude on twitter. I don't really pay a lot of attention to tweeters who doesn't use his own name.
    To be fair to the Salty Bulldog, my understanding is they are a fan podcast who collate Bulldog-related information from various news sources. They always accredit their tweets to whichever journalist/news source they got it from. It's not just their thoughts or opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    To be fair to the Salty Bulldog, my understanding is they are a fan podcast who collate Bulldog-related information from various news sources. They always accredit their tweets to whichever journalist/news source they got it from. It's not just their thoughts or opinions.
    Fair enough. Power tends to keep his cards close to his chest though so I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to believe much the media has to say about us. He'd been into Stef Martin's ear for a few years without anything leaking about it for one thing. Who knows who he's been talking to?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Correct - Matt Donald (grandson of Wally - 54 side) and Alex from Mongrel Punter
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ruck me dead, I didn't think this was going to be how the trade period looks to be playing out. Has anyone checked whether Tom Boyd has nominated and is eligible to be picked up in any of the three drafts? I'm running out of ideas to the point of indulging in fantasy on the topic.

Can only hope that our commentary about not wanting to find a ruck this trade period is a ploy to position us to first and foremost secure Darcy without other clubs leveraging our stated need to land a particular ruck, to either insert themselves into or thwart our negotiations with clubs to secure the requisite picks to do so, or secure a ruck target.

Under the circumstances it's a good thing we've retained Sweet, but having only offered him a year it says to me we were probably either not expecting interest from elsewhere or were prepared for him to walk in lieu of having someone else lined up. I guess it's looking like Ceglar is probably worth more to Geelong in terms of contract value than he is to us, it's the only reason I can think of him choosing them.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Age reporting Ceglar to Geelong looking less likely
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016