Likes Likes:  506
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3272737475767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Snickers Brookie?

2 fudgy brownie cookies with a chocolate ganache buttercream, salted cararmel and crushed peanuts filling.

You wouldn't like it mate
    You know how you hear people say they hate people online and I've always thought "how can you hate someone you've never met" well I'm starting to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    And no baked goods. Plus Foo Fighters slander. This thread is depressing.
    I'm still dealing with losing the GF and now this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution, chef, azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Martin has signed a one year deal
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've seen it reported as well. Let me see if I can find it
    I don't understand how Sweet, Roarke, and Wally all got pretty graphics confirming their signing deals, yet nothing for Martin. I still say there is a bit to play out here. I'm not convinced he has signed for 2022 yet. I do wonder if we will list him as a rookie and this is why he hasn't got the same fanfare as everyone else this trade period ??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Snickers Brookie?

2 fudgy brownie cookies with a chocolate ganache buttercream, salted cararmel and crushed peanuts filling.

You wouldn't like it mate
    How did salted caramel ever become a thing?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Harvey Gallagher thread had a mention of Ruck and Sam Darcy so I thought I would bring that to a Ruck thread rather than take over on the Gallagher thread.

I have suggested that Darcy is our long term ruck, but other posters have indicated he will not transition to that position as he doesn't have the junior grounding.

I watched the TV coverage of VFL consistently through 2022 and he showed a natural tendency.

His ability to tap to advantage was sublime and if he has reached that without any ruck grounding the future is enormous.

With his marking also a standout and such great kicking skills I just see him transitioning to a great ruckman.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

7. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The Harvey Gallagher thread had a mention of Ruck and Sam Darcy so I thought I would bring that to a Ruck thread rather than take over on the Gallagher thread.

I have suggested that Darcy is our long term ruck, but other posters have indicated he will not transition to that position as he doesn't have the junior grounding.

I watched the TV coverage of VFL consistently through 2022 and he showed a natural tendency.

His ability to tap to advantage was sublime and if he has reached that without any ruck grounding the future is enormous.

With his marking also a standout and such great kicking skills I just see him transitioning to a great ruckman.
    I agree with you and have mentioned this before with some resistance from other Woofers.

I think the club sees him in a ruck role as well, but whether that is one of Fwd/ruck, or more like Tim ie ruck/Fwd.

He will probably end up taking over Lobb's role.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’d be nice to have options with Sam. Let his footy at the top level work out where he hurts oppositions the most. For me, I’m not yet going to say it’s any one part of the ground. If we get another ruckman in the SSP, that can play next year, then Bevo has the flexibility and time to see where he hurts teams the most. He could even be a hybrid of a hybrid, a new class altogether.

As I’ve said in another thread:

Lobb replaced Schache on the main list as ruck/forward
    Sweet replaced Martin on the main list as a ruck
    No one had replaced Sweet yet on the rookie list as a ruck

The question is what if Tim gets an LTI? If Sweet isn’t at the level enough, then Lobb (Freo leading goal kicker & top 10 Contested Marks) is rucking and Darcy goes forward, and Marra doesn’t get the third defender anymore. Darcy may have to ruck more next year than ideal. The exciting prospect of Three AFEL quality athletic players over 205cm is real. But it’s underpinned by a #1 ruck whether or not you like it being Tim. We need to replace a ruck on the rookie list to keep balance on the list and flexibility for all, especially Darcy.

I want to be rucked hard and fast now. Even someone I’ve passed on like Naismith if he passes a medical and trains well over summer would be fine by me now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Mofra, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we definitely need another ruck on the list - I've covered off previously why I don't see Darcy as a no 1 ruck LT, and after Gold Coast had 4 injuries to ruckmen last year I think having only two genuine first rucks on the list is a recipe for disaster.

They can be found in the rookie draft - even mature agers can develop and become good options too (e.g. Ben Hudson, Big-O at Brissie)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes bulldogtragic, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How did salted caramel ever become a thing?
    Haha I've been waiting over a year to answer this.

I reckon it was the mid 00's when it exploded to become a major flavour or for me the major flavour. It's been around since the late 70's though apparently.

For me it's all about the balance it brings, turns something sickly sweet into something with depth and balance in flavour. Apparently, it also makes your brain release morphine like endorphins which explains it's popularity.
    The curse is dead.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it was the mid 00's when it exploded to become a major flavour or for me the major flavour. It's been around since the late 70's though apparently.

For me it's all about the balance it brings, turns something sickly sweet into something with depth and balance in flavour. Apparently, it also makes your brain release morphine like endorphins which explains it's popularity.

But can it play ruck or improve a ruckman.

Sam Darcy
    Salted Caramel Ruckman
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    But can it play ruck or improve a ruckman.

Sam Darcy
    Salted Caramel Ruckman
    Oh I think he can.

I'm all on the Darcy will be our first ruck train, for the limited viewing he looked a natural with his tap work(already better than English) and all he needs is some meat on his bones. He'll be a gun there.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

One salted caramel brookie please

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    One salted caramel brookie please
    Which stockist would you like to pick it up from?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Which stockist would you like to pick it up from?
    Boooooooo

22. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Boooooooo
    Are you starting to question if chef is actually a chef?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are you starting to question if chef is actually a chef?
    No I'm protesting his discriminatory distribution.

25. Likes chef liked this post