Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990
Results 1,336 to 1,343 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    There he is! Theres not an extra kilo in the AFL that gets missed by our man!
    Hes running a ruler over every player. I wouldnt say its the most productive of hobbies but hes our version of a fat shaming paparazzi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Have some fun mate......Body shame him!!!!

In honesty, someone of that size he's about five to six over. BAD only needs 2-3 to shame him.
    He is a big boy, but a bloody good ruckman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My love letter/post to Bevo:

Get rid of the idea of rucks. Looking at Darcy, play him in defence.

Now just have a 205cm+ defender, forward and a mid to contest ruck contests.

Darcy in the back 50, Lobb in the forward 50 (Croft when he retires), English as a midfielder who goes where he thinks he’s most needed.

Don’t play rucks anymore. Don’t recruit 1st ruck workhorse types. Just get them to contest and move back into their roles. I’ve come around after seeing Darcy yesterday. He can take a few contests a quarter. Play English as a ruck/rover with the freedom to set up where he thinks he’s needed/can do the most damage.

Time to change the paradigm.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Darcy in the back 50, Lobb in the forward 50 (Croft when he retires), English as a midfielder who goes where he thinks he’s most needed.

Don’t play rucks anymore. Don’t recruit 1st ruck workhorse types. Just get them to contest and move back into their roles. I’ve come around after seeing Darcy yesterday. He can take a few contests a quarter. Play English as a ruck/rover with the freedom to set up where he thinks he’s needed/can do the most damage.

I am a massive fan on DArcy , once he builds his body he could be anything . Looking at the photos he is tracking well.
    We have been blessed we have time to build these kids eg Jamarra and no doubt Croft .
    Bring back the biff

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this - it is the way forward
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The good thing is that we're in a great position to have a capable ruck in each section of the ground; Lobb (Darcy once he retires), English, Darcy (Croft once Darcy moves forward and he develops). Hopefully we get in Mitch's ear about taking another year away from football next year and then sign him as a cat B rookie as he's another athletic tall who could play ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

At min it’s worth a try. I can see Bevo thinking of it and trialling it.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I don't think you need to send this to Bevo...he's already been doing it...

It just so happens that now he has some taller blokes around the ground to take a turn.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat, bornadog, jeemak liked this post