Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Mason Cox vs Port Adelaide
    A bit over 3 Quarters, coming on as sub

Goals 1
    Behinds 1
    Kicks 2
    Handballs 3
    Marks 1
    Goal Assists 0
    I50’s 0
    Tackles 0
    Hit Outs 0
    Pressure Acts 1
    Metres Gained 26m
    Salary $550,000
    Would rather pick up the Statue of Liberty if I had the choice.
    Like pretty much everything American, overhyped.

2. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ladhams might be a target, at least, that's who I'd be going after.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Mason Cox vs Port Adelaide
    A bit over 3 Quarters, coming on as sub

Goals 1
    Behinds 1
    Kicks 2
    Handballs 3
    Marks 1
    Goal Assists 0
    I50’s 0
    Tackles 0
    Hit Outs 0
    Pressure Acts 1
    Metres Gained 26m
    Salary $550,000
    His type of player that is hurting their salary cap. They traded out Treloar, Stephenson and Langdon and kept him ? Crazy....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    His type of player that is hurting their salary cap. They traded out Treloar, Stephenson and Langdon and kept him ? Crazy....
    Much easier to trade out guys on high salaries if others actually want them. Who would want to put Mason Cox on their list and help out Collingwood in the process? You'd have to give up a draft pick as well to make it worthwhile.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

6. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Much easier to trade out guys on high salaries if others actually want them. Who would want to put Mason Cox on their list and help out Collingwood in the process? You'd have to give up a draft pick as well to make it worthwhile.
    Cox finishes his contract this year. Should have been last year but he had a trigger to go another year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Meek playing for Freo today, looks really good so far. Really hope we have him in mind.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Are we getting more comfortable with Big Chilli as the number 1?

Good game last night - yes, he lost the HO count badly and conceded some clean possession to Gawn out of the centre, but I noticed Tim started to not jump at centre bounce late in the game which was far more effective than just bouncing off him on the way down. Crucial moments in the game

We also won clearances
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should call him the big cheese rather than big chilli. He's slowly maturing with age. Long way to go.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

English was good, he is a GOOD player, but his ruck craft is below average. I sure as hell don't want to go into a final v Gawn with only English if we can help it, especially with Gawn's ability to grab it / spike it forward. Finals is as much about territory as anything and that's a big advantage for them.

English is getting better, but I still don't think he'll ever be a true #1 ruck.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    English was good, he is a GOOD player, but his ruck craft is below average. I sure as hell don't want to go into a final v Gawn with only English if we can help it, especially with Gawn's ability to grab it / spike it forward. Finals is as much about territory as anything and that's a big advantage for them.

English is getting better, but I still don't think he'll ever be a true #1 ruck.
    I agree, I’m generally not concerned by conceding taps but I don’t think we want to be that reactive in a final. Unfortunately the only solution is dependent on Martin and his body.

Having said all that we may not come up against Gawn again.

15. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He could easily be THE best second ruck/forward and floating defence in the comp. I have no doubt he can be the best in the role. So if we find a good no 1 ruckman who is really versatile enough too who can match or beat Timmys output, then our best 23 gets even better. It’s such an opportunity for us to improve our best 22 yet again. Some like Ladhams can match what Tim does or better, but is a forward threat too. It’s the overall improvement to the team and one which I hope is the top priority. It could be a as game changer trade if we can get a good one.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

His change (not jumping) in approach late in the game was very important to us winning possession out of the middle, very small sample size but I felt he might’ve turned a corner centre bounce wise against stronger opponents. He’ll still be able to leap against guys like Stanley. Is he figuring it out?

He’s always been decent around the ground, but he’s been very good lately.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

We should use Cody Weightman against Gawn!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Likes josie, Raw Toast, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think English will be vying with Luke Jackson as the best forward/ruck in the comp if we had the personnel to play him there.
    If we did pick up someone like CCJ from Richmond it would be closer to a 50/50 split for both players. Richmond fans think he's on the table due to opportunity.

One more note about Max Lynch from Collingwood - he in their top 5 for the time trial every year which is incredible for a ruck.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

21. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I still think English will be vying with Luke Jackson as the best forward/ruck in the comp if we had the personnel to play him there.
    If we did pick up someone like CCJ from Richmond it would be closer to a 50/50 split for both players. Richmond fans think he's on the table due to opportunity.

One more note about Max Lynch from Collingwood - he in their top 5 for the time trial every year which is incredible for a ruck.
    While there is plenty to like about English as a forward, we also need to consider the overall list.

As the season has progressed I feel English has improved his ruck output, although he is unlikely to become hitout dominant, he does give some really good advantage taps from time to time.

The other issue is fitting everyone else in.

Currently we have Naughton, JUH and Bruce as tall forwards and we expect to fit Sam Darcy into the side somewhere through the next 2 to 3 seasons. This surely limits the spots to play English as a regular forward.

The next 2 months might see a more definitive position develop as we assess Josh Schache as a defensive player covering opposition talls/ruck forwards.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured