Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Smith is pretty damn ordinary IMO.

Would rather Sweet, or even Cox - the latter has done more on an AFL ground than Smith ever has.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

English’s best rucking game for the year was against Brisbane. Smith is behind the guy who is behind the guy who English beat.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reporting tonight Chol to GCS, 3 years and trigger for a 4th.

Coleman-Jones wants to ruck. North offering 5 years and up to $450,000.

Richmond are going to have one hell of a draft hand.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

CJ wants to ruck but is going to a club with Goldy still going ok. Interesting.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They mentioned something like initially learn from Goldy. Then take over from him.

North landing a trade despite offer more years/money. History says don’t bet on it just yet.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Richmond have a truckload of late picks too, more than they will have list spots....

I think we'll cover a Sam Darcy bid just fine
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't see a no 1 ruckman in CCJ. A forward/ruck yes, but I expect Xerri will takeover from Goldy when that day comes.
    CCJ will play every game for them next year. Comben is good but striggles to stay on the paddock.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan Martin has come out this morning saying he wants to play on next year.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Rookie list if we want to grant him that, is my take.

Post Thanks / Like

Bro, do you really reckon at 6.50am he has announced he wants to play on in 2022? He'd still be asleep!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

13. Thanks Vred thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Bro, do you really reckon at 6.50am he has announced he wants to play on in 2022? He'd still be asleep!

I work permanent night shift, everything is a blur to me. All I know is it's being reported this morning
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

15. Likes 1eyedog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I work permanent night shift, everything is a blur to me. All I know is it's being reported this morning
    He is about to play 199, so may want to get over the 200.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He's so critical I'd give him a spot. Reckon he can play 15 games next year. Remember Ceglar's best is 14 so he's no upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

MARTIN KEEN TO GO AGAIN

AS HE shapes as a key player in the Western Bulldogs' Grand Final chances on Saturday, ruckman Stef Martin says he is determined to play on in 2022.

Martin joined the Bulldogs last year on a one-year deal with a trigger for a second season, although injuries will mean he doesn't reach that mark.

However the former Demon and Brisbane big man, who will turn 35 in November, said he wants to continue his career into a 15th AFL season.

"I am desperately keen to play on next year. I even was when the injuries were hanging around, I was optimistic it would all come good and I would get it right eventually I just had to bide a bit more time," Martin told AFL.com.au.

"I would love nothing more than to be around the Dogs next year, that's very much on my agenda."

Martin was dogged by a groin injury that threatened to end his season mid-year but he made a recovery in time to be selected for the Dogs' preliminary final win over Port Adelaide.

He will face off against former teammate Max Gawn in a ruck contest that will have a big bearing in this weekend's Grand Final at Optus Stadium. It will be Martin's ninth game of this season, and the 199th game of his career. - Callum Twomey

Post Thanks / Like

I'd keep him on for a year. His ruck craft is excellent and the likes of English, Sweet (if we keep him) and Darcy (plus others) can learn a lot from him.

No reason that if he's going well, we manage him like GWS did with Mumford.
    W00F!

20. Likes josie liked this post