Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 34 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lynch has shown real signs. Held his own against Gawn and won't get the no 1 ruck gig while Grundy is there on a bazillion dollars for a thousand years
    Need to see more to show he's more than just a tap ruckman, but signs are good. If he can show he's capable at scrapping and following up, I'd be keen.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet losing the VFL battle here to (admittedly a mature) Rhys Stanley.

Is a mature ruck a more important trade target than a KPD?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet losing the VFL battle here to (admittedly a mature) Rhys Stanley.

Is a mature ruck a more important trade target than a KPD?
    I think it is
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Just the facts Jack. Just the facts.

Stef Martin
    34 years 7 months

2021:
    5 games without injury
    2 games injured in/after (Achilles & Shoulder)
    7 games missed to injury at this stage
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just the facts Jack. Just the facts.

Stef Martin
    34 years 7 months

2021:
    5 games without injury
    2 games injured in/after (Achilles & Shoulder)
    7 games missed to injury at this stage
    Have a feeling his contract extension won't be triggered and we'll be hard on the hunt for another mature ruck at the end of this season.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Have a feeling his contract extension won't be triggered and we'll be hard on the hunt for another mature ruck at the end of this season.
    I felt he was a 5-10 game ruckman this year but would be a wonderful pick up as a playing coach.
    He's been fantastic for the development of Sweet (and to a lesser extent Timmy) but I really want us to pick up a mature ruckman.

Actually, a mature ruckman and a kid (Sam Darcy may be that kid).

Not too many OOC - Max Lynch, Lloyd Meek, Archie Smith, Rhys Stanley, Matthew Flynn, BTC, Chol, Callum Sinclair and Nathan Vardy

Not really an inspiring list.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ntract_players

Post Thanks / Like

I felt he was a 5-10 game ruckman this year but would be a wonderful pick up as a playing coach.
    He's been fantastic for the development of Sweet (and to a lesser extent Timmy) but I really want us to pick up a mature ruckman.

Actually, a mature ruckman and a kid (Sam Darcy may be that kid).

Not too many OOC - Max Lynch, Lloyd Meek, Archie Smith, Rhys Stanley, Matthew Flynn, BTC, Chol, Callum Sinclair and Nathan Vardy

Not really an inspiring list.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ntract_players
    Yeah really not liking what’s on offer for mature ducks at the moment... English isn’t it, Sweet still needs development, Darcy is a kid, no idea what we do...
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be keeping an eye on Lynch, Meek and Flynn or just hope like hell that Sweet can find another level.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Meek and Flynn are legit. If I was Flynn I would be pretty pissed about putting up good games and still having a guy who I'm like 99% sure is playing in a girdle continually picked ahead of me, but I assume they wanna actually keep him. Meek might be more achievable.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Meek and Flynn are legit. If I was Flynn I would be pretty pissed about putting up good games and still having a guy who I'm like 99% sure is playing in a girdle continually picked ahead of me, but I assume they wanna actually keep him. Meek might be more achievable.
    Given Meek is a Ballarat boy and that's our area, we should ask the AFL to chip in one of those dodgy 'ambassador' payments that some clubs seem to get (e.g.the money Tom Lynch was offered to stay at GCS, the money Touk Miller gets, NSW ambassador payments, etc)

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given Meek is a Ballarat boy and that's our area, we should ask the AFL to chip in one of those dodgy 'ambassador' payments that some clubs seem to get (e.g.the money Tom Lynch was offered to stay at GCS, the money Touk Miller gets, NSW ambassador payments, etc)
    For Lloyd Meek? Doubt they bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    For Lloyd Meek? Doubt they bite.
    Is the offer in your signature still on the table? Imagine we landed him instead of big Stef.

- RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is the offer in your signature still on the table? Imagine we landed him instead of big Stef.

- RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -
    I know we had a lot of irons in the fire but we really should’ve pushed harder on him. No way if we offered North the pick they say no.

Post Thanks / Like

Ladhams got dropped again this week, massive long shot but worth an enquiry
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Shout out to Timmy.

NN got 7 more touches (much less efficient though), 16 more hit outs and a handful more clearances
    Timmy got 6 more marks and 3 more tackles, 2 more intercepts, 1 more shot at goal, 1 more GA & Score Involvement, 19% more efficient

Without going to the tapes, I’m going to say NN won in the ruck contests that was responsible for his main stats being higher. But Tim seems to have outworked him around the ground, especially forward to even the ledger. Both men played to their very different strengths. In the end best case for WCE was a draw where they expected dominance. Bevo’s counter point to play to our strengths and not overly focus on weakness paid off as Tim’s return was terrific.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023