Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Keep Martin around for another year and use him as a playing ruck coach, just bring in someone else to take the bulk of the work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Keep Martin around for another year and use him as a playing ruck coach, just bring in someone else to take the bulk of the work.
    That is what I would do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He can barely get off the ground or pull up when he's at full tilt, he's done, its only through guile and lack of options that he's getting a game
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

4. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Stefan Martin has come out this morning saying he wants to play on next year.
    I think we should be happy with that news. We just need to find another ruckman to assist with depth.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph tweeting hard on the Ceglar bandwagon today. Had a blinder last 5 games (granted one of those was against us) and suggesting he's our answer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Jon Ralph tweeting hard on the Ceglar bandwagon today. Had a blinder last 5 games (granted one of those was against us) and suggesting he's our answer.
    Ceglar is a solid citizen for sure, he does struggle to stay on the park that's the big question mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Ceglar is a solid citizen for sure, he does struggle to stay on the park that's the big question mark.
    That's my concern too. His highest games tally is 19, then 15 games twice. He managed 12 games this year.
    If we do get Ceglar we'd have to look at a younger developing ruck too, especially if we don't see a future for Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

That's my concern too. His highest games tally is 19, then 15 games twice. He managed 12 games this year.
    If we do get Ceglar we'd have to look at a younger developing ruck too, especially if we don't see a future for Sweet.
    I'm not sure what his injury history is like but at times this year they preferred to get some games into Reeves when Ceglar was perfectly fit. There may not be any major injury concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    He can barely get off the ground or pull up when he's at full tilt, he's done, its only through guile and lack of options that he's getting a game
    Agree with this.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood sound really non-committal on Cox:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/...e-and-maynard/

Post Thanks / Like

Callum Sinclair has re-signed with the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood sound really non-committal on Cox:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/...e-and-maynard/
    Would you offer him a role?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Afel.com

EAGLES CHASE A SWEET DEAL

WEST Coast has sounded out Western Bulldogs ruckman Jordon Sweet.

It's understood the Eagles are chasing ruck depth during this year's Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period and have asked the question of Sweet, who is surveying his options after a frustrating year at the Whitten Oval.

The Bulldogs have tabled an offer to Sweet and remain confident that he will extend his deal beyond 2021, but a decision on his future will come after a season where he managed just five senior games despite Stefan Martin's injury issues.

Sweet was held out of the Bulldogs' team late in the season as the side chased a top-four spot, with versatile 201cm youngster Lewis Young instead preferred in the ruck for its finals against Essendon and Brisbane.

West Coast is searching for a long-term successor to 31-year-old star Nic Naitanui, with premiership ruckman Nathan Vardy announcing his retirement last month. The club also has promising 21-year-olds Callum Jamieson and Bailey Williams listed.

It's led to a potential move for Sweet, who is also understood to have interest from rival clubs in Victoria and is still seen as an important part of the Western Bulldogs' future ruck plans.

Dogs veteran Martin, who turns 35 next month, is hopeful of playing on next season after managing just nine games in his maiden season at the club. Tim English has been used predominantly as a forward, while Young is attracting interest elsewhere. – Riley Beveridge and Mitch Cleary
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez if we lose both Sweet and Young, we’ll be really thing for rucks. Surely we’ve got a plan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Geez if we lose both Sweet and Young, we’ll be really thing for rucks. Surely we’ve got a plan.
    The plan is to ignore it. Good rucks don’t change grand finals.

Sweet should probably take an offer if he’s got two years on the primary list offered with NN and Vardy done by then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023