Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If Roughead just could kick straight the entire footy media would be all over this combo. But he isn't resting in defence. His hands in the middle area of the ground from kick out towards forward and long kicks down the line are good too. Maybe he could be a second ruck, tall utility, high half forward like a better Leigh Brown?
    When Campbell was dominating at Footscray last season it was in tandem with Ayce Cordy. I would have liked to have seen the two of them have a couple of AFL games last year because together made a team that was much better and more effective than the sum of its individual parts.

But it looks like Camdy has morphed into Camhead and is finding its way in the top level a lot better than either Campbell or Roughead were individually.

Viva Camhead!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If Roughead just could kick straight the entire footy media would be all over this combo. But he isn't resting in defence. His hands in the middle area of the ground from kick out towards forward and long kicks down the line are good too. Maybe he could be a second ruck, tall utility, high half forward like a better Leigh Brown?
    When Campbell was dominating at Footscray last season it was in tandem with Ayce Cordy. I would have liked to have seen the two of them have a couple of AFL games last year because together made a team that was much better and more effective than the sum of its individual parts.

But it looks like Camdy has morphed into Camhead and is finding its way in the top level a lot better than either Campbell or Roughead were individually.

Viva Camhead!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Flicked through the Hun while getting a coffee. Camhead starting to get a lot of media attention now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Flicked through the Hun while getting a coffee. Camhead starting to get a lot of media attention now.
    Have you got a link please BT ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Have you got a link please BT ?
    Nah, it was the paper and I don't/won't pay for the online Hun drivel.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, it was the paper and I don't/won't pay for the online Hun drivel.
    Me neither that is why I was hoping for a link.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Me neither that is why I was hoping for a link.
    This is a job for BornADog me thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really impressed with how Tom & Jordan are going. As has said they are getting some recognition now from the media too. To beat Goldstein, Gawn and the 2 rucks from West Coast is a fantastic effort. They are becoming a real weapon for us.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a job for BornADog me thinks.
    I don't pay either. What is the headline of the article?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't pay either. What is the headline of the article?
    "Robbo declares Bulldogtragic is the smartest and best looking man in the history of mankind"

Post Thanks / Like

"Robbo declares Bulldogtragic is the smartest and best looking man is history mankind"
    Argh, found it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think there is room for Boyd in the current set up?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I told them to use them one where I'm smiling. Amatuer hour from The Hun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The issue is that if we don't mark the ball, it'll come out twice as fast. West Coast's talls were poor yesterday and got carved up on rebound, we should have won by 5-6 goals. At times we struggle to apply pressure with two tall targets up forward, I think adding a third tall would be too much.

Campbell is the clear #1 choice and from there two of Redpath, Roughead and Boyd are needed. To Roughy's credit, the few quiet games he's had have been followed up a strong performance. Boyd will need to push them out to get back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Possibly, with some creativity. Boyd & Redders can play forward. Yesterday showed that. Roughies contested marking yesterday was great and if he can play as a high half forward when resting then that might work. An extra big man with good hands for targets of kick outs and target for long down the line wing/HF kicks could be really good (Roughy is not much deep forward, so it's the above or resting in defence). Particularly when JJ, Suckling and other rebounding are running past him that could work maybe with Boyd, Redders & Stringer as tall and leading targets. It feels a bit top heavy, but let's it for a few weeks at least is my thinking.