Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

We just got rucked. Ayce in this week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think the MC sees Ayce as a better bet in the second ruck role. Time for Ayce to step up

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of developing rucks, I've heard that we're rather keen on seeing how Darcy Fort develops for us in the VFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We just got rucked. Ayce in this week.
    Given Redpath was pretty much just creating a contest and that's what Ayce can do (but is a better ruckman) it seems like a move that could work.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The Ayce-in-the-Pack played pretty well, I thought, in the Collingwood NAB Cup game. If the Ayce is the second ruck, that has implications for Tom Boyd. Firstly, it would seem Tom won't get a turn in the ruck. Secondly, is the Ayce expected to play CHF and 2nd ruck or does he play FF and 2nd ruck and Tom Boyd plays the full match as CHF? If Minson is resting on the bench, which I would anticipate, does Stringer present as the FF and drop his free ranging commission that he enjoyed in Round 1?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

This is an area where we can still improve in, and when we get it right, it will be an even more devastating set up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ayce Cordy couldn't get a kick in a street fight. The thought of him being a key forward is scary. Big Redpath needed to have another week in the seniors, dropping him after one bad performance will wreck his confidence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FootscrayFan View Post
    Ayce Cordy couldn't get a kick in a street fight. The thought of him being a key forward is scary. Big Redpath needed to have another week in the seniors, dropping him after one bad performance will wreck his confidence
    If Redpath's confidence was going to be affected then playing badly and being subbed off would have done it

Cordy was BOG in the VFL the week before, our worst AFL player and best VFL player played much the same position so the change made sense. Ayce couldn't make the step up, no worries, someone else gets a go but at least the guys in the VFL know if they play well they will get an opportunity
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Neither Redpath or Cordy look good enough at senior level. Tom Campbell providing he can improve on his mobility and endurance is still a better prospect and the most likely to eventually replace Minson as our number one ruck man.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Redpath should have had another week. He got to the right spots just couldn't hold em.
    If he held his marks we would be singing his praises. He's play a handful of games and nerves may have got the better of him and was trying too hard and impounding the problem.
    Ayce could have waited another week. In the washup we wouldn't have lost anything by keeping Jack. Also he may have had a good game and kicked a couple.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think it was done solely to stretch Richmonds defence as they are not super tall down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I personally think it was done solely to stretch Richmonds defence as they are not super tall down back.
    We should have added Ayce then and dropped one of the smells.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think Redpath should have had another week. He got to the right spots just couldn't hold em.
    If he held his marks we would be singing his praises. He's play a handful of games and nerves may have got the better of him and was trying too hard and impounding the problem.
    But he didn't. So we're not.

He didn't show anything in the AFL last year, showed nothing in R1, and was poor in the VFL last weekend.

We have to look at the side and ask if Redpath makes it better. I get why people are so desperate for Redpath to make it (looks like a gun, full forward, seems *really* nice), but on exposed form it just isn't there. His hands are poor, his turning circle likewise, and isn't dangerous once the ball is on the ground. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

We are a better side with Crameri/Stringer at CHF and one of Hrovat or Hunter (Hrovat) taking Cordy's place. Did you guys see The Boss in the ruck? He was good!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Please don't drop any more smells, mate. Room is really heating up. :P

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

So many tasteless jokes.....must...contain...........myself.

18. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post