Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Toyd said in the presser after the game he used to do a few screamers (not his words) but from all the ruck work he to buggered to get up.
    Smiled when he said who was underneath would have hurt.

Interview
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought Campbell was OK last night, considering he's had limited prep over the past month or so. He didn't quite clunk a few and had that silly free paid against him for using his body in the marking contest, but his tap work and follow up work at ground level was solid.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Thought Campbell was OK last night, considering he's had limited prep over the past month or so. He didn't quite clunk a few and had that silly free paid against him for using his body in the marking contest, but his tap work and follow up work at ground level was solid.
    I agree, he just needs a few more games under his belt.
    Last edited by bornadog; 01-04-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree, he just needs a few moew games under his belt.
    Bloody spell check has him playing for the Cats, BAD ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I definitely agree on the ruck side of things.
    On the forwards front - they probably need a fair bit more time to gel together. Apart from a 5 minute purple patch for Tom Boyd - he and Crameri were otherwise largely ineffective.
    We might not find the absolute right balance until half way through the season realistically - but as long as we keep winning, then all is good.
    Tom can do some terrific things but the amount of games he drops a plum pudding chest mark is building. Shouldn't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

48 hitouts to 32 last night, 50% more than the opposition

When's the last time that happened? Minson days?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

10. Likes bulldogtragic, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone take note of Geelong's ruck strategy towards the end of yesterday's comeback win. They stopped contesting the ruck around the ground & effectively had an extra at each contest. Seemed to work well and I can see us doing that.

Expect us to play Tom Boyd as the lone ruck whose main job will be to provide a contest at the centre bounce, then just run forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    The other positive is we know he can clunk a mark. He's not mobile enough for us but he's a decent option and can ruck long minutes.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anyone take note of Geelong's ruck strategy towards the end of yesterday's comeback win. They stopped contesting the ruck around the ground & effectively had an extra at each contest. Seemed to work well and I can see us doing that.

Expect us to play Tom Boyd as the lone ruck whose main job will be to provide a contest at the centre bounce, then just run forward.
    Interesting strategy that proved all too difficult for that mental midget Brad Scott to counter - he was too busy having Ben Brown and an injured Majak Daw flying for the same marks in forward 50 instead of having an extra mid inside to counter Dangerwood.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell deserves many plaudits for tonight's performance, and boy did we need it against Goldy and Preuss and with Boyd off. I reckon tonight was his best game of AFL - he channeled his inner Ben Hudson tonight with his repeat efforts and one-percenters.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Campbell deserves many plaudits for tonight's performance, and boy did we need it against Goldy and Preuss and with Boyd off. I reckon tonight was his best game of AFL - he channeled his inner Ben Hudson tonight with his repeat efforts and one-percenters.
    and didn't lose the hitouts by much at all.Rucked the entire game after Boyd went off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he played so poorly last week he should've been dropped. Thank goodness match committee have more commonsense than I do. Rucked reasonably well against 2 monsters. Would love to see him clunk a few marks though. Did anyone see his repeat ground level efforts in last quarter that led to goal (I think by Dahl)? Bloody magnificent - hope it is in match highlights. With Boyd and Cloke likely out for a while Soupy is now pivotal to our success in coming month or two. Sorry to have doubted you Big Fella!!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought he got thrown around a bit tonight by Norths ruckmen and didn't look particularly strong in contests around the ground. Maybe the replay will reveal something different (and I also didn't notice Boyd missing until the last so fatigue may have been a factor)

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Campbell was quite poor in the first half - but the circumstances of the sole responsibility seemed to steel him for a big second half. And to his credit - in a real show of character - he knuckled down to the task and played some of his best football in the second half. At the very least - his best competitiveness came out after half time.

We will need to to maintain that level - from the second half - over the next 5 or 6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought the same . Campbell was excellent in the second half .