Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

I'm staggered Fletch hasn't had a run actually. Everyone else has.

Then again I'm trying to picture him getting off the ground.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I'm in the take a risk catagory and go with English, Trengove as our primaries with Boyd/Schache there just in case. If it comes to bite us so be it but we could always throw Zaine or Fletch in there is shit really hits the fan.
    I don't like it but we have no other option now. English fed to the wolves and burnt out by mid season. Trengove competes well and will take over or Boyd, who I'd like to see play forward more with the new rules in place, looks like he'll spend more time outside 50 than in.

Post Thanks / Like

How about an 8 foot American as a category B rookie? Or even a 6'8 Australian basketballer? We seem to be the only club that doesn't have a crack at category B rookies - surely we have the funds now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    How about an 8 foot American as a category B rookie? Or even a 6'8 Australian basketballer? We seem to be the only club that doesn't have a crack at category B rookies - surely we have the funds now?
    We had Tweedie as a cat B rookie, and Dawson and Chatfield might be able to be listed as Cat B rookies this year if nobody bids on them (NGA kids).

I guess that Fijian experiment a few years ago went nowhere.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Didn’t help that one of them was related to a Coup Leader and wasn’t granted a visa into Australia.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Didn’t help that one of them was related to a Coup Leader and wasn’t granted a visa into Australia.
    Seriously? Wow, I had no idea
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? Wow, I had no idea
    Greystache posted an article last year I think, Inoke Ratu ended up coming in and is struggling away in suburban footy down Grelong way I think it was.

With all the coups they've had over the years, 3 out of 4 Fijians are related somewhere in their lineage to a coup leader.

The idea was a purely stupid idea and gigantic waste of money. I don't know what they were thinking.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Greystache posted an article last year I think, Inoke Ratu ended up coming in and is struggling away in suburban footy down Grelong way I think it was.

With all the coups they've had over the years, 3 out of 4 Fijians are related somewhere in their lineage to a coup leader.

The idea was a purely stupid idea and gigantic waste of money. I don't know what they were thinking.
    Clayton was nurting Nic Nat, but he ended up being too good and going at pick 2
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Clayton was nurting Nic Nat, but he ended up being too good and going at pick 2
    Well, if that's our recruiting team logic, I hope we don't miss out on Khamis and set up a footy clinic tent for a couple of years in Sudan then...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We had Tweedie as a cat B rookie, and Dawson and Chatfield might be able to be listed as Cat B rookies this year if nobody bids on them (NGA kids).

We had a B grade Chiropractic student some time back. Ayce Cordy!
    I laugh every time I see the title of this thread. Well played tragic.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Try Campbell. If he was a just another VFL player in 2018 rather than on our list and had the kind of year he did, we'd be talking about him as a potential rookie candidate to provide some ruck cover.

It's astounding to me that we were smashed most weeks in there (before Trengrove was finally moved into the spot) and yet he didn't play a single game.
    We all seem to forget, that Campbell missed significant periods with injury, particularly in 2018. Every time we needed to call on him he was unavailable.

We really need a resilient body as our back up ruck.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

13. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We all seem to forget, that Campbell missed significant periods with injury, particularly in 2018. Every time we needed to call on him he was unavailable.

We really need a resilient body as our back up ruck.
    and when he did play in the VFL he was ordinary to say the least.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or has English put on a couple of kg’s?

538F6B8F-B8E9-4DCE-85EF-50CEE04019E7.jpg
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

No it's not you. The coach and the lads have hit the gym bigly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

From the same year English, Lipinski and Young have all added size but Greene probably lags behind them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"