Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Play whoever is in form and may the man that finally owns it stay there...
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Ayce Cordy is more likely to get a kick in a street fight.

3. Likes F'scary, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Big Soup will probably get a call up this week and if he dosen't perform we will probably persist with Redders for half a doz.

Post Thanks / Like

Morris down means Roughy is no chance at rucking.
    Redpath can't ruck next level up.
    Ayce is very poor right now, with no improvement.
    Campbell out impressed by Fort.

God help us if Minno drops form or gets injured.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Kreuzer is a free agent...no interest from me but it's an interesting discussion point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Kreuzer is a free agent...no interest from me but it's an interesting discussion point
    They might want a compo pick to rebuild? He might want a fresh start. When he's fit, he's better than most on our list right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They might want a compo pick to rebuild? He might want a fresh start. When he's fit, he's better than most on our list right now.
    I'd say he's a better option than all our ruckman when fit? He is Injured majority of the time though!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We will be seeing on Sunday arvo the ideal player we need in our side at the moment.. Josh Jenkins!

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So maybe Minno (for whatever reason) is struggling to play most of the game in the ruck, and we cant relieve him because our ruck/forwards are woeful.

Solution - play Minno as the ruck/forward and give Cordy or Cambell a chance at 1st ruck.

If Ayce stinks it up as 1st ruck, odds are that Campbell gets a run at it next week, and Minson plays forward again?

If could just be that Minno is both our best 1st ruck and our best ruck/forward (not great, just best of a poor bunch) and for the teams benefit, we might be better off playing Cordy/Campbell as the 1st ruck and Minno up forward for 70% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

So Roughead played the second ruck role tonight. How does everyone think he went? Looked like he just followed Jenkins everywhere all match.

I wouldn't mind seeing this again against the Swans with Tippett as there second ruck option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    So Roughead played the second ruck role tonight. How does everyone think he went? Looked like he just followed Jenkins everywhere all match.

I wouldn't mind seeing this again against the Swans with Tippett as there second ruck option.
    Seemed that way didn't it? I liked it and think we should do the same again next week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Roughy took 2nd ruck, with a chop out from Boyd at times.

Josh Jenkins was woeful for the Crows.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What would we think about riding with a Boyd/Roughead combo?

I honestly think that after tonight our best ruckman would be Bontempelli.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What would we think about riding with a Boyd/Roughead combo?

I honestly think that after tonight our best ruckman would be Bontempelli.
    Didn't like seeing either Rough or Boyd in the ruck. Nor did I like the short stint or two when Rough wandered around lost in the forward line later in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

From Bevo press conference:

Western Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson remains in the mix for selection, despite again missing the cut for the second week in a row.

The Bulldogs flew out for Sydney ahead of Saturday's clash with the Swans at the SCG, minus Minson who'll spend at least one more week in the VFL.

"Will played OK last week for Footscray and he knows as soon as there's an opportunity for him to come back in, we'll definitely consider him," coach Luke Beveridge told reporters at Melbourne Airport on Friday morning.

"He went about it the right way," Beveridge said.

"He accepts that there's competition for spots right across the board.

Minson was dropped by the Bulldogs after the round three thrashing by Hawthorn, and Beveridge’s men subsequently turned that result around with a surprise 57-point win over the undefeated Crows.

"We saw last week (against Adelaide), with a little bit of a change in the way we went about things and the way we structured up that we had some positive effects,” Beveridge said.

"I've spoken to Will about that, and that that's not necessarily the way we go in every week.

"He knows that week to week he is definitely part of the mix, and so he's just trying to put his best foot forward.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.