Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFL.com saying Rory Lobb is gettsble. Has ties to Victoria. $700,000 a year.

He’d be the type of ruck Bevo would like. Lobb & English rucking and playing forward…
    Pass... like huge pass!

Not sure we would want big $ tied up on 2 ruck/forwards with neither really fulfilling the no.1 ruck spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    AFL.com saying Rory Lobb is gettsble. Has ties to Victoria. $700,000 a year.

He’d be the type of ruck Bevo would like. Lobb & English rucking and playing forward…
    No thanks, especially not for that kind of money.

Only way I would consider it is if his remaining 2 years at $700k became 3 years at around $500k. Wouldn't want to give up too much in a trade either and we have little to bargain with at present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Pass... like huge pass!

Not sure we would want big $ tied up on 2 ruck/forwards with neither really fulfilling the no.1 ruck spot.
    It doesn’t change your point, but for clarity his existing contract (coming from GwS) is $700,000. Not necessarily what he’d be asking for now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Pass... like huge pass!

Yeah, not sure Lobb is any better in the ruck than English. We could spend far less $$ and give up a lot less to get something closer to what we need.
    W00F!

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No thanks, especially not for that kind of money.

Only way I would consider it is if his remaining 2 years at $700k became 3 years at around $500k. Wouldn't want to give up too much in a trade either and we have little to bargain with at present.
    I agree if he wants that money, it’s a no. Restructuring the money makes it at least interesting. If we are prepared to go into deficit, as I’m currently arguing, it opens up Pick 18 this year for trade. I’m thinking more what sort of ruck does BEVO want.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned on the Collingwood thread, one of Cameron or Lynch may be gettable.
    25 years old and 22 years old. Treloar can make the first phone call.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lynch has looked good. Cameron has no exposed form as a main ruck and I think on the available evidence is pretty uninspiring.

Meek is still my preference.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb barely even plays second ruck at Freo, and has publicly stated he doesn't want to play that position. Whenever I watch their games I reckon Acres goes up for more ruck contests than Lobb. Easy pass.

I don't know a heap about them but Meek and Lynch sound ok. I am a big fan of Ladhams as well but he seems less attainable.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Lobb barely even plays second ruck at Freo, and has publicly stated he doesn't want to play that position. Whenever I watch their games I reckon Acres goes up for more ruck contests than Lobb. Easy pass.

I don't know a heap about them but Meek and Lynch sound ok. I am a big fan of Ladhams as well but he seems less attainable.
    Port aren’t playing him for whatever reason. I really like him too but wonder if he is up to a full time first ruck role.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dep...2e3f285554a21c

It says here Freo traded him in to be a forward. Also says Hawks "and other clubs" have talked to Max Lynch - I would be surprised if we're not one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dep...2e3f285554a21c

It says here Freo traded him in to be a forward. Also says Hawks "and other clubs" have talked to Max Lynch - I would be surprised if we're not one of them.
    Not sure why Hawthorn would be interested in Lynch (and Lynch with the Hawks) with McEvoy and Ceglar playing and the giant Ned Reeves waiting in the wings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not sure why Hawthorn would be interested in Lynch (and Lynch with the Hawks) with McEvoy and Ceglar playing and the giant Ned Reeves waiting in the wings.
    McEvoy is 31 and it seems it was planned he'd play CHB anyway.
    Ceglar is 30 and is just ok. Reeves is a stick, Lynch would play seniors tomorrow for a bunch of clubs if available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    McEvoy is 31 and it seems it was planned he'd play CHB anyway.
    Ceglar is 30 and is just ok. Reeves is a stick, Lynch would play seniors tomorrow for a bunch of clubs if available.
    Didn't realise Ceglar was that old. McEvoy has been playing ruck though and Reeves was playing but hurt his ankle and Ceglar came back in and performed well.

Just as a comparison to us, assuming Martin didn't go on, he likely only has to beat Sweet out for a game. At the Hawks he is one of 4 viable options.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definitely see if McEvoy could be enticed over. His numbers are rock solid this year in the ruck and around the ground and is very durable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'd definitely see if McEvoy could be enticed over. His numbers are rock solid this year in the ruck and around the ground and is very durable.
    Rumour is we've tried in the past. Things may have changed but he's contracted in 2022 and a club captain. You'd think he'll see out his career there.