Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Rumour is we've tried in the past. Things may have changed but he's contracted in 2022 and a club captain. You'd think he'll see out his career there.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are same changes to the on field leadership for next season. I hope Sammy P is still having a crack.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are same changes to the on field leadership for next season. I hope Sammy P is still having a crack.
    He's certainly got a skill set we could utilise.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting more critical by the week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting more critical by the week.
    So reality it is status quo since 2018/19/20.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So reality it is status quo since 2018/19/20.
    Yep, our lack of attention to the issue may come back to bite us.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently there’s talk of Peter Ladhams moving clubs based on Victorian interest. He would actually be perfect.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Apparently there’s talk of Peter Ladhams moving clubs based on Victorian interest. He would actually be perfect.
    We should definitely be on the phone to his manager. Basically anyone over 200cm that has shown any ability to win the ruck contest at AFL level that is even potentially available, should be on our radar.

Post Thanks / Like

As comrade indicated he would be a perfect addition as he's very close to being a Tim English clone being a genuine threat up forward and being a more than capable ruckman.
    Getting him too us would be an interesting challenge though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What would it take? They won’t play him but he’s contracted. You’d have to expect that they’d want a first which might be a little too rich for my blood.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

What would it take? They won’t play him but he’s contracted. You’d have to expect that they’d want a first which might be a little too rich for my blood.
    Just pay the price it takes. I'd happily give up our future first in some sort of deal for a mature, 80% game time ruckman. Whether that is Ladhams, I don't know but we need to sort that position out.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they need a life long Dogs fan who can't quite crack an elite midfield?

Post Thanks / Like

Just pay the price it takes. I'd happily give up our future first in some sort of deal for a mature, 80% game time ruckman. Whether that is Ladhams, I don't know but we need to sort that position out.
    I would too. Future first, with 2021 picks for points coming back to us.
    He's 23, as plug and play as you can get and would be an 8-10 year player. Solves a massive issue and unlike Sweet or Martin can rest forward if needed.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I would too. Future first, with 2021 picks for points coming back to us.
    He's 23, as plug and play as you can get and would be an 8-10 year player. Solves a massive issue and unlike Sweet or Martin can rest forward if needed.
    I just finished looking at Port’s draft hand and it’s a little complicated. They have at the moment very few picks with points outside of their first rounder, and they have Jase Burgoyne as their own father/son which they’ll need those late points plus more to secure. They’d need to trade out another player probably for Burgoyne. Then another to send us some points back. Which is possible, but complicated.

I’m more than happy to go into deficit on Sam Darcy, which means we could put up our first rounder this year (assuming we’ve got 700 Draft Points from trades/compo), and look at a future pick or future pick swap back to strengthen our draft hand next year after the first is lost.

This is something we need to do as a priority. If Martin retires, Ladhams has an offer to be first ruck at a premiership contender for many years to come. You’d think that’s a great carrot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes DOG GOD, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And he’ll probably end up at St.Kilda, Carlton, Richmond or Geelong
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’m more than happy to go into deficit on Sam Darcy, which means we could put up our first rounder this year (assuming we’ve got 700 Draft Points from trades/compo), and look at a future pick or future pick swap back to strengthen our draft hand next year after the first is lost.
    What happens if we go into deficit to take Darcy (which I think takes point off our first rounder next year pushing it back in the order, but we have already traded out that first rounder? Does the deficit go to our next pick, or carry over into 2022, or what?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right