Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH I'd play Young ahead of Sweet, and I have serious doubts about Young.
    Ladhams/Max Lynch next year please.

Naughton, Marra and English as a three-pronged forwardline next year. Bruce works his arse off if he wants to play as well.
    What have Ladhams or Lynch done in their limited game time to make you think they're better options? Honest question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What have Ladhams or Lynch done in their limited game time to make you think they're better options? Honest question.
    Ladhams is very different to Sweet. Covers the ground really well, good hands in close, decent mark, fairly quick. I think he would make a good combo with English. Can play forward, and plays a bit like an extra mid. Maybe not as powerful a ruckman as other options though, but could work well in almost a 6040 split with English imo.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah agree with the above. Ladhams seems like a bit of a goon but is really talented and huge upside to his game. Even if he stays at this level he'd still be a great asset but he has it in him to be really, really good.

Also is a perfect pair for English and doesn't need to be "hidden" forward when not in the ruck (in the sense that he can meaningfully contribute up there).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know much about Briggs but another potential cheapish ruck option? 21 years old, 200cm and 107kg.

Brisbane is not prepared to hand over one of its two first-round picks for a ruck-forward but is considering rival players including Greater Western Sydney ruckman Kieren Briggs.

The Lions are short for talls after the loss of Eric Hipwood (ACL), who won’t be back until deep into 2022.

Brisbane is determined to take picks currently at 14 and 18 instead of handing them over for established talent.

But Briggs, out of contract, will start next year third in the pecking order at GWS behind Matthew Flynn and Braydon Preuss.

He is one of the rucks clubs are considering after three solid games this season.
    Link

Post Thanks / Like

Briggs can’t get a game ahead of a guy who runs like he doesn’t have any achillies. I would be opposed.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Lynch is AFL standard and would be playing seniors at a lot of clubs right now, more of a 'first ruck' role than a second role.
    Ladhams is better right now.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Player of the week for Collingwood May 2021

Never should have gotten rid of him. Mobile and playing well. Would have him back in a heartbeat.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Never should have gotten rid of him. Mobile and playing well. Would have him back in a heartbeat.
    How does this relate to our want for a ruckman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Who are you referring to ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How does this relate to our want for a ruckman?

That want was created by letting Roughy go. He could be playing good footy for us and a back up to Tim English.

He's playing really good footy. Watch the video in the link I posted.
    Watch his work in 2016. Now we are searching for a ruckman. Sorry, it seems kind of silly.

Water under the bridge sorry for polluting your thread, but it's galling. Traded in the last 30 minutes, seems like a knee-jerk thing that has continually cost us.

Rant over, back to your search. Speaking of Collingwood, Mason Cox if Collingwood don't want him. ?
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 22-07-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't getting ruck minutes for us, wasn't really playing full back and previous coaches were derided for playing him there.

Well done to him and Collingwood for making full back a viable spot for him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest thing with Roughy in his last year or two was inability to see our games. He just seemed to be limping to the bench every game. Had to have had an impact on our willingness to pick him and trust him with big roles at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    The biggest thing with Roughy in his last year or two was inability to see our games. He just seemed to be limping to the bench every game. Had to have had an impact on our willingness to pick him and trust him with big roles at the time.
    Yep... his lack of durability when playing in the ruck was a concern, but in the role he has now seems to have less high impact contests and he is serving Collingwood well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Seems to be going ok now. Maybe had some body issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep... his lack of durability when playing in the ruck was a concern, but in the role he has now seems to have less high impact contests and he is serving Collingwood well.
    Bevo seems to insist on our defenders having speed (the Cordy shuffle a clear exception)

Hypothetical - say there’s no history b/w the two, Roughy is 26 in current form, and Bevo had a chance to sign him….I still don’t reckon he wants him
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs