Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

The Saints game was recognized as Cordy's best. Please stop trying so dramatically to make Cordy a martyr every week. It's a bit tiring. Raise the ruck issue if you want but see if you can do it without using the work hysterical at least

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The Saints game was recognized as Cordy's best. Please stop trying so dramatically to make Cordy a martyr every week. It's a bit tiring. Raise the ruck issue if you want but see if you can do it without using the work hysterical at least
    Fair enough. I think I'll give it a rest, though I'm not trying to make Cordy a martyr.

I didn't think Cordy or Campbell did a lot to progress their causes from what I saw today unfortunately, so if we do drop Minson and one of those guys get a game I don't think they'll have earned it to any great extent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Fair enough. I think I'll give it a rest, though I'm not trying to make Cordy a martyr.

I didn't think Cordy or Campbell did a lot to progress their causes from what I saw today unfortunately, so if we do drop Minson and one of those guys get a game I don't think they'll have earned it to any great extent.
    The rucks are now a real concern and based on today, I think we have to stick with Minson and Roughead sharing the duties and Boyd doing a little of the work as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we promoted Redpath we could go with Roughead and Boyd, though promoting him after only a spike in form isn't really what we should be doing.

When we lose Boyd from our structure up forward it's quite noticeable, and I'm not a fan of it happening too often. Perhaps we do go with Minson again and bring on a runner as the sub.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think Cordy or Campbell did a lot to progress their causes from what I saw today unfortunately, so if we do drop Minson and one of those guys get a game I don't think they'll have earned it to any great extent
    I agree it's an issue. Minson's not been up to it and every other option has real drawbacks

Post Thanks / Like

If we promoted Redpath we could go with Roughead and Boyd, though promoting him after only a spike in form isn't really what we should be doing.

When we lose Boyd from our structure up forward it's quite noticeable, and I'm not a fan of it happening too often. Perhaps we do go with Minson again and bring on a runner as the sub.
    At least if Redpath comes in and Boyd helps in the ruck, then the structure wil be better. Minson is a useless forward and he is getting worse.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm really concerned about our ruck set up.
    Roughead was good around the ground at times, but we lost our way in the centre bounces once Minson was subbed off.
    Perhaps Rough will improve his rucking if he is focused on it, rather than full back, as his pre-season would have been geared.

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell wants the spot. Good day today for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a little uninspired by Campbell's tap/ruck work, though his positioning around the ground has been good.

He needs to take the next step with his craft, though being a touch under 24 years of age and having already shown capacity to improve I think there's scope for him to do so.

A little more aggression around the contests wouldn't go astray either.

Overall, there's plenty to work with though it's not a given he'll forge a stable and fruitful career if he doesn't show marked improvement in a couple of areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy gone.
    Campbell here, didn't dominate this year.
    Minson here, is he really a part of the plan?
    Where does Roughy play?

We need at least one mature ruckman, maybe two. Or one mature and two developing types. I hope we address the ruck this off season because it's an area of obvious improvement for us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is not a popular choice, but I really feel that Tom Boyd is the most likely ruckman we have.

Where he hasn't demanded the ball as a leading forward, he has always looked capable when he has moved into the ruck.

An uninterrupted pre-season could be terrific for him.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I know it is not a popular choice, but I really feel that Tom Boyd is the most likely ruckman we have.
    This is why need a good ruckman. He's the most likely gun KPF we've had in forever too. I rate his impact as a KPF far greater than ruckman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is why need a good ruckman. He's the most likely gun KPF we've had in forever too. I rate his impact as a KPF far greater than ruckman.
    I am not convinced that he will offer the value as a KPF that he could provide as a ruckman.

If we had Goldstein would we play him forward or Ruck. A mobile tall who can handle the ruck (such as Stefan Martin) also adds to the midfield. I see Boyd as being better able to cover the ground and contribute in those marking contests.

I actually like the way Redpath is tracking (another unpopular view), as he provides a strong presence and he can actually kick it.
    As his confidence develops I expect him to get better.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I am not convinced that he will offer the value as a KPF that he could provide as a ruckman.

If we had Goldstein would we play him forward or Ruck. A mobile tall who can handle the ruck (such as Stefan Martin) also adds to the midfield. I see Boyd as being better able to cover the ground and contribute in those marking contests.

I actually like the way Redpath is tracking (another unpopular view), as he provides a strong presence and he can actually kick it.
    Once he replicates his junior footy abilities, forward all day long. He is big and mobile which is a big tick as a forward. He needs to stick some more marks and I really rate his goal kicking accuracy. He's smart at brining in smalls. He just needs time to develop as the once in a lifetime type prodigy a lot saw as a kid. I think find a ruck who can ruck and develop Boyd as and where he needs it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on Redpath. I think he has improved, although he looks lost at times, is coming of a limited amount of pre-seasons. Will only get better. He's a very traditional leading full forward. They are saying in the Herald we need another tall forward to go with Boyd. Already have one.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus