Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1343

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I was referring to the first half as Tim being below par.
    Anyone aspiring to be the best ruck in the comp should not be lowering their colours to Darcy Fort, which Tim did in quarter 2.
    Tim was leading the hit outs to advantage in the first half.
    Actually I think he had 7 which is more than either oppo ruckman got solely (I get they shared their time).
    Fact is : Tim was not being beaten in the ruck.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are you new to the internet?

Team performance has been below average. Midfield is getting smashed defensively and English is a big part of it.

On Thursday night some of his efforts in the first half were bizarre. He was easily pushed off the ball during boundary throw in's and some marking contests.
    My man I am the most aggressively online of anyone on this forum I am certain.

Timmy?s overall hit out numbers are around par but his HTA rate is just about league best of those that count (shout out to Bont?s 100% rate). It?s an incredibly encouraging development that I think all of us have been crying out for and I feel like a lot of these arguments to the contrary are more colloquial than exemplary of what we?re seeing or what?s reflected in the stats.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Come on Aza, you have to admit he has been playing well. We can find faults for all players.

Player rankings comparing Rucks:

• No. 1 for Disposals
    • No.1 for Marks
    • equal 3rd for tackles
    • 8th for hitouts
    • 1 hitout less for equal 2nd
    • 5th for inside 50s
    • equal 2nd for Cont.Poss (1 off first)
    • equal 2nd for Cont. Marks (1 off 1st)
    • 6th for clearances - 4th for stoppage Clr.
    • Number 1 for intercepts

Hopefully he continues in great form
    All well and good but we were thrashed in two of those games, Gawn and Marshall were more influential in the results. The coaches votes say that. Tim had a good game Thursday but then only 2 coaches vote, ie our 3rd best and 5th best overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Why everyone so down on my man Chili ? Even when he's leading our B and F he's copping it.

7. Likes Bulldog4life, GVGjr, bornadog, Stevo, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Why everyone so down on my man Chili ? Even when he's leading our B and F he's copping it.
    How can he be leading out B&F? I know its different but only 2 Coaches votes, Bont got votes in the saints loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    How can he be leading out B&F? I know its different but only 2 Coaches votes, Bont got votes in the saints loss.
    He's been our most consistent over the 3 games.

Some stats from AFL site :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's been our most consistent over the 3 games.

Some stats from AFL site :

Thats great!
    Our coaches vote for the B&F not the stats. If our main coach has given him possibly a max of 2 votes in 1 game and Bont has a BOG and a 4 vote week, I'd say he is leading the B&F.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great!
    Our coaches vote for the B&F not the stats. If our main coach has given him possibly a max of 2 votes in 1 game and Bont has a BOG and a 4 vote week, I'd say he is leading the B&F.
    Fair point.

We shall see at the end of the year, I think we've nominated the two most likely.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought English was excellent in round one. Gawn was better...but he is rarely beaten.

I think his ruckwork has improved considerably, but so has his overall game. If you focus on the 10 things he does incredibly well, rather than the 1 thing he is average at, you will enjoy his work a lot more.

Post Thanks / Like

All well and good but we were thrashed in two of those games, Gawn and Marshall were more influential in the results. The coaches votes say that. Tim had a good game Thursday but then only 2 coaches vote, ie our 3rd best and 5th best overall.
    Stats don’t lie
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stats don’t lie
    Well they can paint an inaccurate picture. They're are often not the end of the discussion.
    I think English has been excellent but you can't always trust stats in measuring his output.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Bulldog Joe, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's all Tim's fault I know. Certain Tim got the better of Marshall on the night. I might be wrong.

Imo Tim would be almost leading our B&F at the moment.

Certainly going ok in the WOOF players awards as well so we're clearly all on board. Scored heavily this week as well and will go outright with Bont when Bulldog Joe collates the votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well they can paint an inaccurate picture. They're are often not the end of the discussion.
    I think English has been excellent but you can't always trust stats in measuring his output.
    Yes I know that but when people try to rely on just their perception then stats must come in like the Hitouts to advantage.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great!
    The b&f also doesn't include opposition players or opposition coaches votes, so we really have no idea who our coaches thought played well in round 1 (no Bulldogs) or round 2 (Bont got 4, which could have been as low as one vote).

It's not crazy to say Bont would be leading the b&f. It's also not crazy to say that Tim is leading the b&f.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know that but when people try to rely on just their perception then stats must come in like the Hitouts to advantage.
    People provide a plethora of stats for other ruckmen to argue against Tim but are fine with their perception when it comes to actually rating how he is going. I would have thought the HO to advantage against the Lions in the first half would have been a really crucial and relatively straight forward stat to at least mention?

21. Likes bornadog liked this post