Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 84 of 284 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4260
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Who passed on him in the first place, weird.
    I know. Apart from the bit where he gets to continue playing footy for a living in a professional environment and live out his boyhood dreams I just can't think what's in it for him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Ayce Cordy has moved on from Williamstown to pursue his medical career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Ayce Cordy has moved on from Williamstown to pursue his medical career.

I'd take my medical career more seriously than I'd take my football career too if I was Ayce.

Post Thanks / Like

TWO former AFL players have walked out on their local footy club, just after their former AFL coach was hired to lead them.

BALWYN will be without two of its marquee recruits for the season after former AFL players Daniel Gorringe and Henry Schade walked out on the club.

The former Gold Coast teammates have not trained at the Eastern Football League powerhouse since Rodney Eade replaced Marty Pask as coach.

Gorringe and Schade were delisted from the Suns while Eade was coach of the expansion club.

Football manager Paul Johnson said the pair had left as a result of the shock change of coach, which was announced on January 19.

Both Gorringe and Schade’s clearances to Balwyn are listed on the EFL transfers sheet as ‘pending’ but Johnson said they were under contract.

“They’re required players, the club hasn’t got replacements for them so those conversations will need to continue between the coach, president and myself,” Johnson said.

“It leaves us in a very bad spot simply because all the good players (recruits) are gone and all of a sudden now we haven’t got a No.1 ruckman and where we wanted three tall backmen, now we’ve only got two.

“That is the reason we expect them to honour their contracts.”
    Daniel Gorringe and Henry Schade have not trained at Eastern Football League (EFL) club Balwyn since Christmas.

Johnson said Gorringe and Schade hadn’t missed a training session until Christmas.

“Schade is a very nice fella, very nice guy and as I’ve said, thought he might have been our next captain,” he said.

“Very disappointing to lose (him), we spoke and he was going to sit down and catch up with ‘Rocket’ but until that happens the club feels that they won’t be releasing him.”

Both were worth the maximum six points under the player points system but their departures will free up 12 points for the Tigers to find replacements.

The Tigers have also lost premiership stars Jason Kennedy (East Burwood), John Meesen (Modewarre), Jarrad Wright (Park Orchards), while Simpkin brothers Tom and Jonathan have returned to junior club Colac.

Balwyn had signed Chandler medallist Cameron Manuel, 2017 Team of the Year forward Charlie Haley and Glenorchy product Liam Smith.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Clayton to Eagles - read here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cue wisecracks about West Coast recruiting tall skinny flankers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting role he has taken.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Interesting role he has taken.
    I don't quite get what the role will actually mean but he is a good administrator and his experience should benefit West Coast.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't quite get what the role will actually mean but he is a good administrator and his experience should benefit West Coast.
    I think that is W/C view also - It is almost like they have said ‘lets get him on the payroll and we’ll figure out the details of the job later’
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Phew!

Post Thanks / Like

Former Western Bulldogs skipper Bob Murphy back in the driver’s seat with new Fox Footy show

HE’s fondly known as Bob and Western Bulldogs legend, Robert Murphy, now has his own show bearing the famous nickname.

Murphy, who bowed out of footy after a 312-game career last season, will take up a seat in a vintage Holden with his sausage dog, Arthur.

For the show Bob on Fox Footy, he will meet celebrities to reveal and revel in the passionate sports fan within. “There’s no suits. This is full hipster uniform — denim shirts and RM Williams boots all the way for this,’’ Murphy said. “There were loose plans for this years ago but I kept playing.

“It could be a comedy, it could be a tragedy. It’s kind of liberating to not be wearing tracksuits anymore after wearing them for 18 years.

“It’s nice to be out of the footy bubble for a little bit and do stuff that’s leaning on the creative side.

“It’s a pretty broad church isn’t it, footy. We need to balance out the very serious, very earnest side of it which I know first hand.”

As well as the 10-part series to air mid-year, Murphy will continue as a guest on AFL 360 on Wednesday nights.

12. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Home Delivery with Bob Murphy? Footballers in Cars Getting Coffee?

14. Likes Testekill, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob is also on Gerard Whately's show (SEN) every Thursday. Tomorrow he will be with Martin Flanagan talking about the new book
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Murphy as Yet Untitled.

With thanks to Alan Davies.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob is also on Gerard Whately's show (SEN) every Thursday. Tomorrow he will be with Martin Flanagan talking about the new book
    Oh, cool! Will tune in. How is Gerard going, anyway? I seem to be permanently stuck on the ABC now.