Thanks Thanks:  142
Likes Likes:  782
Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2212
  1. #2191
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    10,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Josh Hill is playing at St. Albans along with Butler from West Coast.
    Bring back the biff

  2. #2192
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rosebud
    Posts
    6,489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Played there last week and had 6 disposals.
    Ok didn't know that.

  3. #2193
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Roughy is having an incredible season - destroyed Kennedy last night.

  4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
  5. #2194
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Ok didn't know that.
    You could be forgiven for not noticing, he didn't exactly stand out...
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  6. #2195
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Roughy is having an incredible season - destroyed Kennedy last night.
    For someone that grew up loving the Club, premiership player, didn’t want to leave, and was a great team mate it has been a monumental stuff up by the Club to push him out and not see the potential in him to become such a key defender against the gorilla forwards of the league.

    Kudos to Collingwood, and for Matty Boyd who pushed for him, to turn him into that key defender that we couldn’t make work, a position we’re crying out for.

    We do get a lot of things right but not on this occasion.

  7. Likes Dry Rot, Max469, Murphy'sLore liked this post
  8. #2196
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    10,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Jones another 3 years at Carlton and hasn’t got a touch up to half time,he is so consistent when it comes to his contractual year.

  9. Likes Testekill liked this post
  10. #2197
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawforn
    Posts
    8,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    For someone that grew up loving the Club, premiership player, didn’t want to leave, and was a great team mate it has been a monumental stuff up by the Club to push him out and not see the potential in him to become such a key defender against the gorilla forwards of the league.

    Kudos to Collingwood, and for Matty Boyd who pushed for him, to turn him into that key defender that we couldn’t make work, a position we’re crying out for.

    We do get a lot of things right but not on this occasion.
    He wanted to leave and was feeling stale because he wasn't getting a run either back or in the ruck, because the coaching staff didn't think he was suited to those positions after he wasn't physically reliable and played really badly.

    He's moved on and is doing well, and it has nothing to do with us. We tried him back, we tried him in the ruck, we tried him forward. He was patchy in all (I personally thought he was a better ruck than defender when fit but most likely a better defender because that would keep him fit) of those positions and it didn't work out after the premiership where our coach relied and had faith in him to play a specific role in the ruck, which he did extremely well in a few moments across the finals series.

    Romanticise his contribution as much as you like because of the premiership and finals heroics, it's something we can all do. But, don't romanticise the rest of his performances at the club and blame it on the club that he moved on.

    This is a move out that suited both player and club, I just wish him well and I'm so happy he's playing good footy.

  11. #2198
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    I sure Freo fans would be saying the same about Crozier. Players move on and sometimes its for the better and sometimes for the worst. His having a very good season and is enjoying his football so all the best. I like Roughy but I also liked Will Minson but both have the limitations if the coach has a game plan he needs to get the right pegs in the rights holes and Bevo is still shuffling the pegs at the moment.
    Also his after some new pegs because the ones his at his disposal don't fit.
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

  12. #2199
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    I think the sting in the tail is we got pick 70+ and used that on Will Hayes.

    I mean, that’s hardly an upgrade.

  13. #2200
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I think the sting in the tail is we got pick 70+ and used that on Will Hayes.

    I mean, that’s hardly an upgrade.
    If the Pies didn't take him would he be playing for Footscray or retired. As he said he was stale and needed a change.
    I've been in my job for 25 years and I've had times were I've looked elsewhere and if technology changes that refreshed the role hadn't come along I may have been elsewhere.
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

  14. #2201
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    8,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Hrovat under fire from North fans.

    Had 4 goal assists but he looks like he has little confidence left. Very slow compared to his opponents (Redman sprinted past him in one contest).
    Good luck to him but he wouldn't be playing seniors for us if he was on the list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  15. #2202
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Josh Hill is playing at St. Albans along with Butler from West Coast.
    St Albans must have burned through some cash this year. I'm guessing they would have paid Josh a nice relocation allowance to move from WA as well as a contract and match payments.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  16. #2203
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He wanted to leave and was feeling stale because he wasn't getting a run either back or in the ruck, because the coaching staff didn't think he was suited to those positions after he wasn't physically reliable and played really badly.

    He's moved on and is doing well, and it has nothing to do with us. We tried him back, we tried him in the ruck, we tried him forward. He was patchy in all (I personally thought he was a better ruck than defender when fit but most likely a better defender because that would keep him fit) of those positions and it didn't work out after the premiership where our coach relied and had faith in him to play a specific role in the ruck, which he did extremely well in a few moments across the finals series.

    Romanticise his contribution as much as you like because of the premiership and finals heroics, it's something we can all do. But, don't romanticise the rest of his performances at the club and blame it on the club that he moved on.

    This is a move out that suited both player and club, I just wish him well and I'm so happy he's playing good footy.
    Firstly, thanks for the feedback but I'd prefer you refrain from counselling me on my views, particularly when you're wrong. What arrogance to suggest that I'm simply romanticising his past performance at the Club other than for his 'finals heroics'. Firstly, I've made no reference to his past performance for you to even suggest this, and secondly, unlike yourself, I have greatly valued his contribution to the Club over the years, that is, outside of his 'finals heroics', particularly given the sacrifices he made.

    He's moved on and is doing well, and it has nothing to do with us.
    So how do reconcile your own claims, and demands, in of all places the dedicated Jordan Roughead, that:

    our program has gotten stale and those delivering it need to be turned over. Something blind Freddy can see, I'll be super pissed off with Grant, Baines and Gordon if they don't have the apricots to force changes after a substantial review.

    It's actually reached a point where the supporters need to be extremely vocal in their disapproval and aggressively lobby the club to make changes.
    And you quote:
    He wanted to leave and was feeling stale because he wasn't getting a run either back or in the ruck, because the coaching staff didn't think he was suited
    Can we at least get the order of things right here. He loved the Club and would've loved to have stayed, this from a close family member. In the end he started to explore his options beyond the Club because he had fallen out of favour with the same group of people that your advocating above "needs to be turned over". The idea of him being 'stale' is a symptom of the underlying cause that he was not valued by these same group of people that us as supporters
    "need to be extremely vocal in sic our disapproval and aggressively lobby the club to make changes".
    Of course his situation had to do with how our coaching panel were both viewing and utilising him. To quote Jordan

    "I still had the belief. I still believed in myself and my ability. I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."
    His body, in particular his shoulders and upper body, didn't develop enough for him to regularly hold down the number 1 ruck position, and yet with the stubborness of our coaching panel it became make or break for Jordan in this role. He was sacrificed in a position that was never suited for from the time Will's career with us was finishing up when Bevo didn't have the foresight nor see the value in replacing him with a suitably equipped ruckman.

    So no I'm not romanticising the rest of Jordan's performance with us, it was constrained by a number of factors, but conveying that Collingwood did see value in him, and importantly has made work for them, what our coaching panel weren't able to achieve. I believe that his development with us was a stuff up. As you rightly quoted a few weeks back "our program has gotten stale and those delivering it need to be turned over. Something blind Freddy can see, I'll be super pissed off with Grant, Baines and Gordon if they don't have the apricots to force changes after a substantial review".

  17. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
  18. #2204
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Heidelberg
    Posts
    3,090
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hrovat under fire from North fans.

    Had 4 goal assists but he looks like he has little confidence left. Very slow compared to his opponents (Redman sprinted past him in one contest).
    Good luck to him but he wouldn't be playing seniors for us if he was on the list.
    Was honestly surprised when I discovered he was still on a list. Hasn't looked like progressing past "fringe player" basically since he left us.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

  19. #2205
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    3,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    St Albans must have burned through some cash this year. I'm guessing they would have paid Josh a nice relocation allowance to move from WA as well as a contract and match payments.
    Josh played for the Northern Blues in the VFL last year so don't think the relocation expenses would have been too high.

  20. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •