Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,155
Page 100 of 286 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4277
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I guess the thing is it was a “sell your soul” kind of moment. That slap on the wrist came with the caveat of admitting you’d done the wrong thing and were a cheat and also putting all of your mates in it. The players maintain they aren’t cheats (just naive, trusting, and let down by the club, etc.) so I guess that’s why he chose to fight it.

I'd have done the same thing I think. No way would I be admitting to something I didn't feel I was guilty of. Maybe you pay a price for that in the short term but in the long run you will be proven right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd have done the same thing I think. No way would I be admitting to something I didn't feel I was guilty of. Maybe you pay a price for that in the short term but in the long run you will be proven right.
    except he hasn't been proven right. I'm still staggered they thought they'd get off for "not knowing what was injected into them"

3. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    except he hasn't been proven right. I'm still staggered they thought they'd get off for "not knowing what was injected into them"
    Yep. What was he paying Gordon Legal to do for him? I'm assuming an off season small suspension and no loss of games. Gordon Legal got that (or better) for him. Then he refuses to sign, which is his right, but the story of him leaving Essendon and arriving at Geelong (missing premierships etc) involves the above chapter. Regrettable for him and especially the club who pumped a golden pick to get him and also a lot of salary cap - and got nothing back when we parted. One signature changes this story, but not.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Following on from Fitzpatrick's interview on open Mike, they should have got 10 plus years ban, plus Essendon should have lost their license to operate in the AFL. Lance Armstrong got a Life time ban
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Following on from Fitzpatrick's interview on open Mike, they should have got 10 plus years ban, plus Essendon should have lost their license to operate in the AFL. Lance Armstrong got a Life time ban
    I never liked Essendon, but hate them with a passion now. They should have handed their license to Tasmania (or brought Fitzroy back!).

Post Thanks / Like

I see Stringer made the cut ... all the talk of dropping him to the magoos was bogus.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I see Stringer made the cut ... all the talk of dropping him to the magoos was bogus.
    I hope the Geelong defenders have a field day starting their attacks off whomever plays on him then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't really saying them in particular more the principal in general. The Essendon players are guilty as charged whether they fully understand it or not and Crammers should have said "yep silly me" and held his hand out for the slap. If he had he probably would have been a premiership player in 2016. He can revise history all he likes but it was his poor decision against our advice that left him out of the game for a year.

Does he think we weren't frustrated by his absence in 2016 too? Watching the injuries mount up and knowing that one of our leading players was perfectly fit but couldn't play because he suspended over an incident that we nothing to do with? Yep that was pretty frustrating,

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post

Werribee's Tribute video to Hoops

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21153&o=OneUp

12. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Koby Stevens ruled out for the year with the delayed concussion from round one.

Wish him well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Koby Stevens ruled out for the year with the delayed concussion from round one.

Wish him well.
    These guys must be pretty badly affected if it's coming out two and a half months later and knocking them down.

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Plays his 100th this week

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone talk me through this?

Is it an owl riding on the crown of a lion?

As a side note, that career best preseason doesn't exactly look to have reaped benefits. If he was playing VFL the coaching staff would be questioning his conditioning. He was never anywhere near as chunky as that playing at the Bulldogs.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Can someone talk me through this?

Is it an owl riding on the crown of a lion?

As a side note, that career best preseason doesn't exactly look to have reaped benefits. If he was playing VFL the coaching staff would be questioning his conditioning. He was never anywhere near as chunky as that playing at the Bulldogs.
    Haven't you read BomberBlitz? We conditioned him to look like that. They're in the process of slimming him down. Probably needs another couple years before anyone can expect real results.