Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 93 of 284 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4260
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

I watched Stringer closely during the few times he was near the ball in the second half. He is either very lazy or just doesn't have the tank to make a second effort. In addition missing an absolute sitter when Essendon badly needed a goal was unforgiveable.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the Daniher call.

If I'm picking a team on talent alone, he's in my first few picked.

Sadly he's a combination of lazy and/or dumb far too often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I watched Stringer closely during the few times he was near the ball in the second half. He is either very lazy or just doesn't have the tank to make a second effort. In addition missing an absolute sitter when Essendon badly needed a goal was unforgiveable.
    Some players just don't have the lung capacity to have a tank, he is one I think , at one stage he chased a Collingwood player and looked like he was waddling, gee he can look overweight at times .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post

Jake has never been the same since May smashed his shoulder up on the Gold Coast that time about three years ago. He hasn't looked like he wants to compete for the ball, he just want to step out the back for a Joe the goose everytime the ball comes into the forward 50.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The worst thing that can happen to Stringer is to kick early goals. He then becomes lazier and just expects more goals to happen. He did kick four last week against Port, so there shouldn't be any expectation on him to kick multiple goals at least for the next eight weeks.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Gee The ceo is claiming a few casualties in his time

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...7-p4zc1f.htmlP

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...7-p4zc1f.htmlP

What a great AFL that is being established it will be his legacy
    Protected species at tribunals but go after our players in suspensions with the slightest love taps
    Ring fence the boys club
    Changing the afl rules because we won a premiership and beat plastics in a PF
    Afl.... why the fff x ???
    Great handling of the sexual harassment of senior executives, even kochi is having a go

Eade took us to 2 PF with an average list and under resourced footy department and got the best out of his players
    We were literally a kick away from a GF if gia had goaled with left foot against the cats that night

A few pots shots taken here, I would not be surprised if Eade tried to turn The culture and made the fall guy . At least he left it it moving towards a better direction .

I have respect for you eade for him to coach balwyn shows his love for the game and it’s development at grass roots

My dislike for the afl management is growing by the week now. Can’t even listen to anything that comes out of City Hall anymore
    Last edited by macca; 27-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Gee The ceo is claiming a few casualties in his time

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...-suns-20180427
    What a great AFL that is being established it will be his legacy
    Protected species at tribunals but go after our players in suspensions with the slightest love taps
    Ring fence the boys club
    Changing the afl rules because we won a premiership and beat plastics in a PF
    Afl.... why the fff x ???
    Great handling of the sexual harassment of senior executives, even kochi is having a go

Eade took us to 2 PF with an average list and under resourced footy department and got the best out of his players
    We were literally a kick away from a GF if gia had goaled with left foot against the cats that night

A few pots shots taken here, I would not be surprised if Eade tried to turn The culture and made the fall guy . At least he left it it moving towards a better direction .

I have respect for you eade for him to coach balwyn shows his love for the game and it’s development at grass roots

My dislike for the afl management is growing by the week now. Can’t even listen to anything that comes out of City Hall anymore
    Link unavailable.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok try again posting from my phone so terrible typo

9. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones very ordinary tonight
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was. The battle seems a mental one. His athletic gifts are undeniable, and he tries hard - but has worked himself into a state that he just blunders things.
    Pretty sure he was top 5 in the league for contested marks, under Rocket, as a 20 year old. I just feel like he is one of many in the history of the game, that the mental side of it has just got big on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What are you talking about BAD. He was one of our best.

13. Likes bornadog, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He was. The battle seems a mental one. His athletic gifts are undeniable, and he tries hard - but has worked himself into a state that he just blunders things.
    Pretty sure he was top 5 in the league for contested marks, under Rocket, as a 20 year old. I just feel like he is one of many in the history of the game, that the mental side of it has just got big on him.
    Jones is like the anti-Bont. When a player like Bont has the ball, everything seems to slow down, whereas with Jones everything seems to speed up. Even when he has a bit of time and space, he is panicked.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What are you talking about BAD. He was one of our best.
    And I was so looking forward to saying that he took more marks in our forward 50 last night than he did in 86 games for us. He probably still went pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And I was so looking forward to saying that he took more marks in our forward 50 last night than he did in 86 games for us. He probably still went pretty close.
    Took 43 contested marks for us in 2011. Looked like he’d be anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Took 43 contested marks for us in 2011. Looked like he’d be anything.

When he had BBBarry Hall alongside him. I was a bit disappointed when he left because I thought he might work up an understanding with Tom Boyd, thinking that we might play Tom as a forward as I did at the time.