Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Lew Young dropped for this week.

Let's see if he can fight his way back in.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lew Young dropped for this week.

Let's see if he can fight his way back in.
    I already mentioned that in an unrelated but related thread. The round 11 thread.

Here I thought you followed my every post…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young is the archetypal "almost" player. He has some good attributes - can can mark well, spoil strongly and kicks ok. But to me he always looks pretty one dimensional. He always takes the safest option, seldom takes the game on.
    I hope he makes it as a player. His time with us didn't do much for his development.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes Mofra, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Lewis Young is the archetypal "almost" player. He has some good attributes - can can mark well, spoil strongly and kicks ok. But to me he always looks pretty one dimensional. He always takes the safest option, seldom takes the game on.
    I hope he makes it as a player. His time with us didn't do much for his development.
    He's an interceptor in a KPD's body.
    You can't be an interceptor if you distribute the ball so conservatively. Carlton fans seem to think that you can only play one of Weitering or Lewie Young anyway.

Of the current players we're "lost" the only one I'm still sad about is Cal Ward, and his compo pick netted us Macrae anyway.
    (I did really miss Harbrow too). Given his ongoing connecting to Spotswood and his family still being Westies, I'd welcome him back into the fold.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes EasternWest, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    You can't be an interceptor if you distribute the ball so conservatively. Carlton fans seem to think that you can only play one of Weitering or Lewie Young anyway.

Of the current players we're "lost" the only one I'm still sad about is Cal Ward, and his compo pick netted us Macrae anyway.
    (I did really miss Harbrow too). Given his ongoing connecting to Spotswood and his family still being Westies, I'd welcome him back into the fold.
    We also put off trying to re-sign Ward until way too late, it sounds like he was always pretty open to re-upping his contract early on but we just didn't do anything on that front. It's not shocking that he got offered an excellent deal with GWS while we just kinda expected him to stay and didn't do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Funny that you mention about traded players . I was only discussing this last night with a mate and the only one performing is Hunter and even he is getting reported every week and is now out .
    Cordy , Schache , the two Young’s. Lipinski has been injured and I still don’t believe Stringer has done anything the average footballer couldn’t have done.
    I can’t believe Tom Campbell is still around !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Its an attitude problem , its all in his head and he has no agression and just panicks when there is pressure
    He would be such a frustrating player on our list
    His carlton's problem now.

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell is threatening to top the eker list

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Funny that you mention about traded players . I was only discussing this last night with a mate and the only one performing is Hunter and even he is getting reported every week and is now out .
    Cordy , Schache , the two Young’s. Lipinski has been injured and I still don’t believe Stringer has done anything the average footballer couldn’t have done.
    I can’t believe Tom Campbell is still around !
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Campbell is threatening to top the eker list
    Threatening?

I reckon BTC is still around because he's a legitimate fantastic bloke. If he'd been a knob he'd be long gone.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes Mofra, azabob, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Its an attitude problem , its all in his head and he has no agression and just panicks when there is pressure
    He would be such a frustrating player on our list
    His carlton's problem now.
    Ditto Stringer. They look great when they're 'on' but you can't rely on them week in, week out.
    Stringer would still be getting games for us but on current form, Lewie would be playing for Footscray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Spot on.

Threatening?

I reckon BTC is still around because he's a legitimate fantastic bloke. If he'd been a knob he'd be long gone.
    100% this. Would be hard to find a better bloke in the system and he's great with the young players too.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Gowers kicked 5 in his first game for Moe on the weekend. Helped them beat Leongatha - first game they have lost since early 2021.

19. Likes Mofra, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Billy Gowers kicked 5 in his first game for Moe on the weekend. Helped them beat Leongatha - first game they have lost since early 2021.
    Is that the league you play in AM?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is that the league you play in AM?
    No I play masters footy down at Beaconsfield these days but my old club didn't play in that league either, there are 2 clubs in Warragul.

22. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young playing ruck/forward for the blues tonight. Crazy vossy trying to copy crazy Bevo.

24. Likes EasternWest liked this post