Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,178
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Yes he is. He is having a great year.
    If you say so. I’m still seeing the same guy who’s unreliable by foot and suspect isolated 1 on 1 as he was with us.

I will admit that he’s going better than his other seasons at Brisbane, where he’s been just about the worst player in the AFL.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

33 games in 4 years hardly says he's been knocking the door down for AA selection.

Marcus had his moments for us but it's only been 5 games so far this year. Let's wait until season's end to compare the output of Keath and Adams.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he is. He is having a great year.
    Really? This is his game from only last weekend…

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Really? This is his game from only last weekend…

Your point being? Hawkins is top notch, yes a couple of one on ones that he could have been stronger at. He still managed a number of intercept marks. Regardless he is still having a good season.

Post Thanks / Like

It's almost as if people forget that good forwards sometimes might beat good defenders and lose their minds if it happens.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes whythelongface, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's almost as if people forget that good forwards sometimes might beat good defenders and lose their minds if it happens.
    We've definitely forgotten this.

If the kick is right, and you've got any forward craft you can beat most defenders.

It's a tough gig.

Post Thanks / Like

Your point being? Hawkins is top notch, yes a couple of one on ones that he could have been stronger at. He still managed a number of intercept marks. Regardless he is still having a good season.
    My point is that he looked horribly out of position and against the better forwards of the comp still looks out of it. A bit like Alir Alir looks a million dollars when he’s intercepting but woeful when he has to purely defend and use his football nouse.

I like Grizzly, but he’s definitely not your number one key defender. I wish him well in BrisVegas.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    My point is that he looked horribly out of position and against the better forwards of the comp still looks out of it. A bit like Alir Alir looks a million dollars when he’s intercepting but woeful when he has to purely defend and use his football nouse.

I like Grizzly, but he’s definitely not your number one key defender. I wish him well in BrisVegas.
    His role is generally not to take the best defender. This is mainly left to Harris Andrews. To be fair he did ok against Geelong and even against Hawkins (highlights may suggest otherwise but they are highlights). Again he is having a good season and we could do with him atm (hypothetical anyway considering he didn’t want to be here).

11. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

By all accounts he didn't quite 'gel' with our playing group.
    There's every chance that if Adams was still on our list he wouldn't be playing the type of football he is now.

Some players perform better in some systems than they do in others. We just accept it and move on.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    By all accounts he didn't quite 'gel' with our playing group.
    There's every chance that if Adams was still on our list he wouldn't be playing the type of football he is now.

Some players perform better in some systems than they do in others. We just accept it and move on.
    I wonder how much that had to do with the wanker pack? You know, the blokes who were probably OK by themselves but really shit when around each other.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wonder how much that had to do with the wanker pack? You know, the blokes who were probably OK by themselves but really shit when around each other.........
    I'm a big defender of Marcus.

As Ive said on here a few times the better half and I had a lengthy chat with him on a couple of occasions.

He's a pretty intelligent guy with an academic brain.

My better half is a Psychologist and Marcus was training to be one so they had plenty to talk about. From memory a family member of his had some issues (brother?) and he was speaking to that often.

Impossible to know a guy from half an hour of talking of course but my first impression was he is a pretty impressive guy. Not your typical meathead.

So my thinking is in line with yours Jee.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams was good mates with Hamling and was very much on the quieter side of the playing group. That might have had him slightly on the outer. I remember Lukas Webb talking highly of him how he would giving training advice to other players if asked.

From what I was told he just needed a lot of confidence from his coaches to get the best out of him. Being in the rehab group and away from the main group as frequently as he was probably wasn't great for a player a bit low on confidence.

I think he would have been worth sticking with.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve heard that he didn’t get along with a section of the playing group but also that the section of the playing group went from premiership players to not at the club in pretty short order.

At any rate my issue with him was that he wasn’t good enough to be as unaccountable as he seemed to want to be with us, and when he tries to play tighter as he is at Brisbane he lost any form of offensive output. I actually rate our full strength back 6 pretty highly so I don’t think he makes us any better outside of the specific scenario we’re in now with no Keath.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

As Ive said on here a few times the better half and I had a lengthy chat with him on a couple of occasions.

My better half is a Psychologist and Marcus was training to be one so they had plenty to talk about. From memory a family member of his had some issues (brother?) and he was speaking to that often.

Impossible to know a guy from half an hour of talking of course but my first impression was he is a pretty impressive guy. Not your typical meathead.

The situation with his brother would have been horrible for the family, though a bit of a keen eye alludes to it not necessarily being as straight forward as some elements of the reporting would have you believe.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

So definitely not in the Jake Stringer group for any meaningful conversation.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

21. Likes Grantysghost, Testekill liked this post