Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,172
Page 92 of 287 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4303
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wouldn't be too upset, he would have been first ruck for us under Bevo and been injured more than he played.
    Matthew Fuller didn't even get a game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Matthew Fuller didn't even get a game.
    Fuller even looked ordinary in his highlights package. Absolutely perplexing decision.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/mel...4ed-1524573459
    THE fallout from Melbourne’s loss to Hawthorn claimed four scalps at match committee this week.
    But only three of them were players.

The Demons have ordered assistant coach Brendan McCartney down to the bench from the coaches’ box, a move the club says will add experience and nous to an interchange area already boasting ex-captain Todd Viney.

But foxfooty.com.au can reveal McCartney, as experienced and respected as he is, did not gel with his fellow coaches in the box over the first month of the season, leading to a change of role ahead of the Anzac Day eve clash against Richmond.

The 57-year-old, who is vastly qualified as an assistant at Richmond, Essendon, Geelong and a senior coach for three seasons at the Western Bulldogs, has not been as warmly received in the coaches’ box as Simon Goodwin and co had hoped.

It’s unclear whether he will remain on the bench for the remainder of the season.

McCartney shares the backline coaching duties with Troy Chaplin, who will remain in the coaches’ box.

McCartney was included in the coaches’ box this season after spending his first three years on the bench when he didn’t look after a coaching line. Under Paul Roos, McCartney had a direct phone to Simon Goodwin and was a valuable conduit between those upstairs and the players coming off and on the ground.

It was Goodwin who wanted McCartney at the club in the first place as a mentor.

Roos, who arrived at the club a year before McCartney, conceded it is highly unusual for a line coach to be positioned on the bench.

“I don’t know specifically what Brendan’s role is going to be on the bench, but all your line coaches are (normally) in the box with you,” Roos told Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

McCartney infamously fell out with senior players — including captain Ryan Griffin — at the Western Bulldogs. His success as a senior lieutenant at the Cats was so profound that it was said he struggled to adjust to the rebuilding Bulldogs when he was appointed coach at the end of 2011.

McCartney resigned in October 2014, one day after Griffin requested to leave the club.

He then emerged as a left-field candidate to replace Rodney Eade before Stuart Dew got the senior gig at Gold Coast.

Melbourne dropped Sam Frost, Tom Bugg and Bayley Fritsch for the MCG blockbuster, while Jordan Lewis is out with a broken hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Got to ask whether Goodwin is any good at this coaching caper.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Got to ask whether Goodwin is any good at this coaching caper.

Who knows? Melbourne isn't exactly a club renowned for making coaches careers. I must admit that I enjoy the schadenfrade of every tear watching Melbourne working themselves into a frothy mess telling everyone just how good they will be this year and all the dramas of last year are over and done with and here is our latest AFL supplied player, he's going to win a premiership for us. You can set your watch by them sticking the tickets on themselves. "Have Melbourne got 25 tickets on themselves today? Then it must be Wednesday"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who knows? Melbourne isn't exactly a club renowned for making coaches careers. I must admit that I enjoy the schadenfrade of every tear watching Melbourne working themselves into a frothy mess telling everyone just how good they will be this year and all the dramas of last year are over and done with and here is our latest AFL supplied player, he's going to win a premiership for us. You can set your watch by them sticking the tickets on themselves. "Have Melbourne got 25 tickets on themselves today? Then it must be Wednesday"
    As much as it is most amusing to watch Melbourne implode as they are, it saddens me that Macca is being dragged town into the mire.

Bmac had his faults but lack of endeavour and passion weren't amongst them.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched Farren Ray just cruise around the outer of packs on Saturday Playing at Melton Sth , who went on to lose quite comfortably to Melton who have 21 of its 22 playing from its junior ranks , kudos to Melton for not spending on outside players.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I for one am shocked that McCartney has struggled to communicate with others in a professional football setting.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I for one am shocked that McCartney has struggled to communicate with others in a professional football setting.

Yep. I never thought I'd see that happen.

Again...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourn are mess if there is disunity in their coaching rank And communication challenges and shared roles and responsibilities . Of the players who left the doggies during MAC tenure there was no loss to the club . After Murphy became captain and bevo came , our culture improved astronomically.

It’s always a challenge to change an org culture as it gets political and not sure Bmac is being fairly viewed by melb supporters on this issue ( not trying to defend or criticise him ).

Question for melb is are they prepared to have a hard look at themselves and make the changes.?
    Blaming jack watts for their lack of efforts is kinda a reflection of where they are at.

They were pathetic last night against the tigers and barely laid down an effective tackle in the last quarter. It must be driving bmac bananas

Post Thanks / Like

Classic Stringer, two first quarter goals then nothing but pointing and raising hands palms upwards.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Classic Stringer, two first quarter goals then nothing but pointing and raising hands palms upwards.
    Essendon getting exactly what they paid for.

Which is a shame because he really could be great.

#juststringerthings
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He's learning from the best.

As an aside. How many more years is Worsfold signed for? *grabs popcorn*
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have two forwards ( Daniher and Stringer) wanting the over the top joe the goose goal makes it a bit hard.
    Jake hasn't changed at all , both have so much talent but it looks like Jake just hasn't got a tank and Joe is a lazy player who just won't multiple lead or chase once the ball is out of reach . Essendons lack of pressure from the forwards Is a huge downfall and Tippenwoody has no chance trying to chase 3 players.
    Daniher needs a spell in the twos to make him realise AFL football isn't a given right.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not turn this thread into commentary on todays game. Comments about Stringer are OK, the other players can go to the AFL thread
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"