Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,172
Page 98 of 287 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4301
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

While y'all talking about Stringer & Baguley, don't forget they have a team mate suspended for biting a player on the ground. An ex-coach currently on serious drugs charges, and alleged to be on the gear at the time. A bunch of banned and sanctioned officials. It seems, quite seriously, the period of the doping period/program was the actual high point in Essendon's culture and behaviour in the last decade or two.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Why is it I read the bomberblitz page on Stringer with the picture of 4 nuns singing "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?" in my head (and a smile on my face)

The phrasing for "how do you solve a problem like Stringer" fits perfectly. If you hold the last syllable for a while anyway.

How do you solve a problem like Strin-geer?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Just for you DD;

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/...ger/11704/2347

Enjoy the schadenfrade.
    Wow. That is sweet stuff. What about the poster who says there’s nothing wrong with Stringer, just EVERYONE around him. I hope Jake
    reads that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon and its supporters are all delusional and I love it.
    False sense of entitlement , a lot like Carlton early on and I see them having to replace everyone from player to president to change this culture they have , but it will never happen until someone from outside with high morals enters the doors and cleans out the massive ego.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah not true:

Interesting that he had been warned by Lamb directly of the situation, and then multiple times thereafter:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...15-p4zff3.html

A decent person managed by a decent club would have apologised within their statement.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Wow. That is sweet stuff. What about the poster who says there’s nothing wrong with Stringer, just EVERYONE around him. I hope Jake
    reads that one!
    My favourite is the poster who keeps insisting that Jake is a project player who needs at least two years to hit his straps in Essendon colours. At one stage he asks "what part of the words "project player" do you people not understand? I'd say it's the bit where he's already been AA and played in a premiership...

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite is the poster who keeps insisting that Jake is a project player who needs at least two years to hit his straps in Essendon colours. At one stage he asks "what part of the words "project player" do you people not understand? I'd say it's the bit where he's already been AA and played in a premiership...
    Taken at Pick 5, All Australian, Premiership player, proven match-winner when at his best. Totally fits the definition of a project player.

The phrasing for "how do you solve a problem like Stringer" fits perfectly. If you hold the last syllable for a while anyway.

How do you solve a problem like Strin-geer?
    You'd need to make it a three-syllable word: St-rin-ger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Taken at Pick 5, All Australian, Premiership player, proven match-winner when at his best. Totally fits the definition of a project player.

Tom Williams comes to mind.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The colour of Carlton's cardboard and the lure of home would have had more to do with him leaving Weat Coast than any moral outrage Judd was feeling I would think.
    Judd was already out the door, was just choosing clubs. From memory Richmond chased Judd very hard too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Judd was already out the door, was just choosing clubs. From memory Richmond chased Judd very hard too.
    I think Melbourne were give a shot because they were his club when he was growing up too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't think it was any form of moral statement by Judd. He'd got his premiership with his mates and their unsavoury ways - no evidence that he'd ever spoken up to address their culture. It was time to come home, earn a squillion, and be a 'Visy ambassador.' This is why, even though his words about Jake ring true, I find his pontificating a bit obnoxious.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I don't think it was any form of moral statement by Judd. He'd got his premiership with his mates and their unsavoury ways - no evidence that he'd ever spoken up to address their culture. It was time to come home, earn a squillion, and be a 'Visy ambassador.' This is why, even though his words about Jake ring true, I find his pontificating a bit obnoxious.
    Obnoxious pontificating. That describes the tone of public debate nicely.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    At least he has carved out a career at VFL level - good on him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah not true:

It seems Baguley's tweets are about as believable as "The Donald's"

As reported by The Age, "Essendon's Mark Baguley repeatedly sledged Jed Lamb about his father despite being warned by the Carlton player that his father had died".
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.