Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I saw the top 10 players in the Bummers B & F. Actually 11 as 2 players tied for tenth. Stringer no where to be seen.
    Can someone pull up that Jake Stringer headshake gif from after their finals loss?

Id like to ask Jake if he made the top ten in the B&F

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I thought Fox Footy commentators were saying he was in All Australian form this year?
    Silly David King said it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Can someone pull up that Jake Stringer headshake gif from after their finals loss?

Id like to ask Jake if he made the top ten in the B&F
    I have said it many times, he is an average footballer. Has not captured the form from 2015.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Silly David King said it.
    Maybe he should just stick to get inside the good info on the rising star.

Wouldn't it be nice for the commentators to come back after the season to claim being first or most accurate on something, and also explain why comments like that get made.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jake can do that spectacular things but gee he is so inconsistent match to match.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake can do that spectacular things but gee he is so inconsistent match to match.
    Quarter to quarter.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I thought Fox Footy commentators were saying he was in All Australian form this year?
    Come now, Jakey *was* the difference in his mob just falling over the line against the Priority Picks.

And didn't he know it ... snapped here almost as excited as the usual pundits were to shower him with wholly deserved praise.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Brian Taylor rekons he would be close to winning there B&F.
    Why are they called experts, the average footy fan knows more than these blokes on TV.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Why are they called experts, the average footy fan knows more than these blokes on TV.
    Spot on. Absolute jokes. I get why they’re there, but for god sake I don’t understand why they get some much air time as journos. They never get called on their bullshit either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The average footy fans you know must be a bit more switched on than the ones I know, because the average footy fan in my experience knows five fifths of f#&! all! 99.9% of the posters on Woof are far and away more knowledgeable than the average footy fan.

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

‘They warned me not to fight him’: Gal determined to prove doubters wrong v Barry Hall

The biggest ever cross-code fight is on with former AFL player Barry Hall set to take on NRL heavyweight Paul Gallen in Melbourne next month.
    The bad boys of their codes will square off in a long-awaited stoush on November 15 at Margaret Court Arena. The Code War event will be broadcast live on Foxtel’s MAIN EVENT.

Boxing champion Danny Green has been working behind the scenes to put the fight together.

The fight will be the first for Hall, 42, who retired from the AFL at the end of 2011 after playing with St Kilda, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

Gallen has fought regularly since making his ring debut in 2014. Calling time on his 349-game Cronulla NRL career at the end of the season, the 38-year-old had nine fights since 2014 for nine victories - five by KO.

His last win was a second-round KO of John Hopoate in Sydney in February.

Gallen holds no fear, despite being advised not to fight Hall.

“I’m really looking forward to this challenge against an AFL legend,” Gallen said.

“When I first started boxing I was warned by some Australian boxing royalty to stay clear of Barry and also some mutual people we know who he’d played AFL with.

“When his name was mentioned over the past couple of years I saw it as a challenge and said ‘yes’ with it never eventuating.

“I guess now we’ll get to see how good a judge those who backed him are.”

Hall has a background in boxing, contesting 15 fights by the age of 15 including winning a state title.

During his eight seasons at Sydney he earned a reputation as a controversial player and in 2008 was suspended for seven weeks for knocking out West Coast Eagles defender Brent Staker with a vicious blow to the head. Rising Australian stars, identical twins Andrew and Jason Moloney, will both fight on the undercard.

“While living in Sydney and Queensland for 10 years, a common comment I heard from NRL fans is that AFL was ‘soft’... well now I guess we’re all about to find out!,” Hall said.

“A lot of people will say I’m too old but I know my body and I know what I’m capable of,” Hall told AAP.

“It’s a long time between drinks but I’m training twice a day and I’m enjoying it so far.

“I’m very comfortable in the ring.” He said he’d been sparring regularly with boxers of Gallen’s burly build, given he holds a 14cm height advantage over the rugby league great. Hall admitted it would be hard to take Gallen down.

“He’s tough and he walks through a lot of bloke’s punches and we’re aware of that and he will get to me at some stage but I’m not going to stand there and cop it.”

Gallen has vowed to take an aggressive approach.

“I’m getting in there and I’m going to beat him. I’m not going to let him just stand there and punch me. It’s a fight, and as Greeny said at the start, I’m here to win. I’ll be training to win.

“Come November 15, I’ll be getting in that ring ready.”

Post Thanks / Like

“I’m getting in there and I’m going to beat him. I’m not going to let him just stand there and punch me. It’s a fight, and as Greeny said at the start, I’m here to win. I’ll be training to win

Go in with that attitude and there is nothing more certain than you will get your arse handed to you after you regain consciousness. Boxing is about self defence, not standing over someone and punching them-the ref would stop the fight for one thing. Barry has been taught to box, there is no way I'd be charging in and waving my fists about in the ring with him because he only needs to land one punch
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Go in with that attitude and there is nothing more certain than you will get your arse handed to you after you regain consciousness. Boxing is about self defence, not standing over someone and punching them-the ref would stop the fight for one thing. Barry has been taught to box, there is no way I'd be charging in and waving my fists about in the ring with him because he only needs to land one punch
    There's plenty of Sydney and Bulldogs players who hated boxing training up against Hall.

Gallen might be stronger but Hall is the purer boxer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    There's plenty of Sydney and Bulldogs players who hated boxing training up against Hall.

Gallen might be stronger but Hall is the purer boxer.
    I saw Barry once in the boxing ring at the club, and he looked bloody mean
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Absolutely. I've been watching a lot of recent interviews and podcasts with Mike Tyson. The current Mike Tyson is just so interesting to listen to. I heard him the other day talking about one of the first things Cus D'Amato taught him was the 'peek a boo' method for self defence/protection. He could obviously punch with more aggression than anyone, but being smaller and with a smaller reach than many opponents he needed to protect himself first. Throwing fists around with a good technical defence is an open invitation to KO or TKO. Hall has size, weight, reach and long term boxing proficiency (presumably including defence and aggression and measuring them right). That's a pretty good advantage.