Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    All, please sit down before reading the rest of this post.

Marcus Adams is injured again. His foot again.

This guy cannot take a trick.
    He's played some decent football as well. I might be in the minority but I do wish him some luck going forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think the majority wish him luck, while also acknowledging that this is not the least bit surprising.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's played some decent football as well. I might be in the minority but I do wish him some luck going forward.
    Brisbane now down with Adams and Hipwood.. That is going to hurt them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think the majority wish him luck, while also acknowledging that this is not the least bit surprising.
    Very much the body like Tom Williams. Just not made to play afel footy. When it’s all said and done, I think we did well to get a good price for him. Worth the fresh start for him and worth a shot for Brisbane as I assume they thought their medicos could turn his health around.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Can play, can't take it. Poor fella.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Same, I've met Marcus and had the pleasure of a decent conversation re his life outside of football. Really nice fella.

Wish him all the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Very much the body like Tom Williams. Just not made to play afel footy. When it’s all said and done, I think we did well to get a good price for him. Worth the fresh start for him and worth a shot for Brisbane as I assume they thought their medicos could turn his health around.
    He does seem like he's quote heavy for his build. Stress fractures in his foot two years in a row is rotten luck though.
    Agree that Brissie will be hurt although KPD is an area they can cover. Hipwood a bigger loss.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He does seem like he's quote heavy for his build. Stress fractures in his foot two years in a row is rotten luck though.
    Agree that Brissie will be hurt although KPD is an area they can cover. Hipwood a bigger loss.
    Yep. Interesting they’ve turned around the injuries to most injured players, but can’t quite keep Marcus on the track. On their fortunes now, I think they’re probably not fighting for top 3 anymore, but fighting to keep 4th. Daniher is really going to step up and fake at least threes a quarter to hit the scoreboard. But if anyone can, he can.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bad luck again for Marcus. He was playing well.

Post Thanks / Like

Can Dimma count on your vote BAD?

Paul Dimattina considers move to state politics as a Liberal Party candidate

Former AFL player Paul Dimattina is considering running for state parliament.

Dimattina, who played 131 games for the Western Bulldogs before being delisted in 2003, told the Herald Sun he had been approached by the Liberal Party and was considering running next year.

Liberal Party sources said Dimattina could run for the seat of Albert Park in a bid to oust the incumbent, Health Minister Martin Foley.

“We think if he ran in Albert Park we could win that,” one senior Liberal said.

Dimattina, who owns South Melbourne’s Lamaro’s Hotel, has been highly critical of the government’s pandemic response, and has called for Daniel Andrews to resign. “It’s true, I’ve been approached and am considering running.”

He has been particularly critical of the lack of support for businesses, and said ongoing lockdowns and restrictions had decimated his business. “We were the most liveable city in the world … we’re not anymore, which is really sad. I’m a proud Victorian, well, I was, I can’t say I am anymore.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Dimattina, who played 131 games for the Western Bulldogs before being delisted in 2003, told the Herald Sun he had been approached by the Liberal Party and was considering running next year.

Liberal Party sources said Dimattina could run for the seat of Albert Park in a bid to oust the incumbent, Health Minister Martin Foley.

Dimattina, who owns South Melbourne’s Lamaro’s Hotel, has been highly critical of the government’s pandemic response, and has called for Daniel Andrews to resign. “It’s true, I’ve been approached and am considering running.”

He has been particularly critical of the lack of support for businesses, and said ongoing lockdowns and restrictions had decimated his business. “We were the most liveable city in the world … we’re not anymore, which is really sad. I’m a proud Victorian, well, I was, I can’t say I am anymore.”
    Can we vote him off the island?

13. Likes dadsgirl16, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Surprise surprise and the answer is never.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He considered making a move on the Bulldogs board a few times and of course never followed through.
    I'd be surprised if this is anything more than another headline grab.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk about unhinged.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lukey D turning back the clock. This would be his best game since that one good game he had against Geelong when he was trying out for them.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post