Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Probably best for his captain that liams not around the club.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

That'd hurt if it was one of ours. Good thing it's a Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Liam Jones has stuck to his guns and won't take the jab, and has now retired.

read the story here:

Blues bombshell: Unvaccinated defender Liam Jones announces retirement
    Thanks BAD
    Jones is a man of his conviction. Carlton gets another list spot and doesn't the recruitment of Lewis Young seems like a good one now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Sedat, bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Liam Jones has stuck to his guns and won't take the jab, and has now retired.

read the story here:

Blues bombshell: Unvaccinated defender Liam Jones announces retirement
    Well, I can't agree with him but I can respect that he stuck to his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ78g..._web_copy_link

Not sure if this will work, but Sooshi Mango did a brilliant reel about getting the jab.

"MYKONOSSSSS!"
    That was awesome. Thanks DOTW.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely respect Liam’s decision to weaken the Carlton backline at this stage of the offseason.

8. Likes boydogs, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this will work, but Sooshi Mango did a brilliant reel about getting the jab.

"MYKONOSSSSS!"
    Very funny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, pretty selfish move. That hurts the blues.

Post Thanks / Like

"MYKONOSSSSS!"
    Haha that is brilliant.

I want to him to say:

There's no cash here. Here there's no cash, alright? Cash *no*, Robbo?

Robbo : No cash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Used a microwave, been in a plane with recirculated air, used a mobile, used sun screen (nano particles) I mean this is hard to comprehend.

I don't think badly of him for his beliefs but just wonder if he's getting his information from good sources. You'd expect he would be.
    How can he be getting information from good sources.

i know that having a minority view is not necessarily incorrect ( I have plenty of views that sit in the minority) but the overwhelming evidence in favour of vaccination is hard to logically challenge.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    How can he be getting information from good sources.

i know that having a minority view is not necessarily incorrect ( I have plenty of views that sit in the minority) but the overwhelming evidence in favour of vaccination is hard to logically challenge.
    Yep, agree. I was in a seminar with Dr Rob Grenfell Friday and he was so proud we are leading the world in vaccination rates.
    His Swiss colleagues (the Swiss are generally compliant) were wondering how we did it.

(worlds longest lockdown probably!).

This graph shows the distribution across our regional areas and we are kicking butt!

14. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That'd hurt if it was one of ours. Good thing it's a Blue
    Imagine if Easton Wood retired with a year to run on his contract for the exact same reasons. Would our collective admiration of Easton change?

This is why people's medical history should be nobody's business but their own and their personal doctor. Sleazebag politicians on all sides have no place whatsoever intruding in the private lives of their own citizens. It's real creepy dystopian stuff, and sadly it looks here to stay for the foreseable future.

Jones gets full credit from me for having skin in the game and foregoing $500k just next year alone to stick to his personal beliefs, whether I agree with them or not. He is taking a massive personal financial hit probably to the tune of $1.5m plus, retiring early while still at the top of his game. There is not one political grub on earth who would ever do the same.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, The Bulldogs Bite, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Imagine if Easton Wood retired with a year to run on his contract for the exact same reasons. Would our collective admiration of Easton change?

This is why people's medical history should be nobody's business but their own and their personal doctor. Sleazebag politicians on all sides have no place whatsoever intruding in the private lives of their own citizens. It's real creepy dystopian stuff, and sadly it looks here to stay for the foreseable future.

Jones gets full credit from me for having skin in the game and foregoing $500k just next year alone to stick to his personal beliefs, whether I agree with them or not. He is taking a massive personal financial hit probably to the tune of $1.5m plus, retiring early while still at the top of his game. There is not one political grub on earth who would ever do the same.
    Full agree Sedat, I don't understand his reasons but good on him for sticking up for his beliefs and at a huge financial and social cost.
    He is giving up on many of the freedoms most of us will start to enjoy and hasn't tried to drag others into his stance....he has actually made his decision with a bit of quiet dignity.

It will be interesting to hear his reasoning somewhere down the track.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes Sedat, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

It depends on the reasoning. If motivations come from an anti-science perspective then yes, however, if they came from a principled perspective then no.

I really hope for Jones' sake it's the latter (actually, I don't care), because it would be a real shame for him to give up five hundred large based on a bunch of crap he's read on the interwebs.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad all our front line workers haven't collectively taken the same stance.
    I guess it's nice to laud an outlier for their personal beliefs because it has minimal effect on the functioning of society.

If paramedics, doctors, nurses et al started having similar ideas en masse I wonder if our philosophical acceptance of him sticking to his guns would change.

A lot of people have sacrificed we know that for sure.

I havent decided what I think about Jones' decision at this stage.

But it's his and that's cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It depends on the reasoning. If motivations come from an anti-science perspective then yes, however, if they came from a principled perspective then no.

I really hope for Jones' sake it's the latter (actually, I don't care), because it would be a real shame for him to give up five hundred large based on a bunch of crap he's read on the interwebs.
    There would be a very large portion of the 90% (and rising) who have been jabbed that are pro-jab and anti-mandate. The interwebz crowd is miniscule, but they are cynically and conveniently used by the meedya as the public face to frame the narrative for the govt interventionist crowd. Irrespective, I don't really care about the reasons - I just want politicians to leave us all the hell alone. We have more than enough people jabbed and absolutely everyone has now had access to them. It's actually over now (but we all know it's not).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

23. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Dry Rot liked this post