Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’m sure TD deliberately chose not to name the Melbourne player.
    I genuinely forgot the little herberts name. I sat here for a minute or so trying my best to remember then I thought no *!*!*!*! it, he doesn't deserve to be named or remembered. He deserves to be shamed. I can still see him on Open Mike claiming it was all an accident and he didn't mean to collect Plough with the round arm. I call bullshit on that, I've hit enough people (and been hit by enough people) to know when an act is deliberate.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    What a dirty, weak, player. I also remember him taking out Chris Mew in a final with a filthy shirtfront.

The Wallace round arm was as pre-mediated as they come. Grinter’s hand actually became infected because of Wallace’s teeth opening a large hole in his hand.

Wallace incredibly played the next week after multiple surgeries. Grinter was unavailable due to the bad infection that had developed.
    I can remember that so vividly as it happened right in front of me. I hated those days of coward acts by so called tough men.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can remember that so vividly as it happened right in front of me. I hated those days of coward acts by so called tough men.
    It's the last time can remember members of the crowd seriously threatening to enter the field of play and taking matters into their own hands. I was at the Geelong rd end working as a bluecoat and thinking that we didn't have nearly enough coppers to deal with the amount of angry people there were but luckily things calmed down. From memory Steve Wallis and Steve McPherson sorted him out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    True that Twodogs. Ball players were the real tough men in those days, big hits (both legal and illegal) on players who had their eyes on the ball were common.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I can’t say I’ve heard this injury from a footy game, Liam Jones has fractured his larynx. Out for the last two games. He’s had a shit run with injuries this year, only good thing is no surgery for him.
    Not good news for Liam. Speaking of Liam i heard someone mention that he is in AA form. TBH have only caught a glimpse of some Carlton games so not sure how he is travelling, but that is a great effort by him to be in that kind of form. Think he kept Riewoldt to one goal on the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Not good news for Liam. Speaking of Liam i heard someone mention that he is in AA form. TBH have only caught a glimpse of some Carlton games so not sure how he is travelling, but that is a great effort by him to be in that kind of form. Think he kept Riewoldt to one goal on the weekend.
    I can't see him as AA.

If that is the case, so is Trengove. Since going to Fullback, I can't think of any direct opponent kicking more than a few goals. Darling kicked 6, but pretty sure Cordy was on him, and Curnow 7, but again I don't think Trengove was on him.

Trengove, unheralded.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been done to death but it’s kind of frustrating that we really lack one more key defender, yet Hamling, Jones, Adams & Roughy are all at other clubs.

Yeah, it probably wouldn’t have worked out with us but giving Roughy away for peanuts stings a bit given he could have also given English a chop out instead of Schache or Dunkley being forced into it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It’s been done to death but it’s kind of frustrating that we really lack one more key defender, yet Hamling, Jones, Adams & Roughy are all at other clubs.

Yeah, it probably wouldn’t have worked out with us but giving Roughy away for peanuts stings a bit given he could have also given English a chop out instead of Schache or Dunkley being forced into it.
    Trengove now playing that role. I'm not as unhappy with Trenners as most on here are. Sure he makes some mistakes but he's a pretty solid defender. Who knows how Roughie would have gone this season when we were lacking midfield defensive pressure.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still *!*!*!*!ing annoyed that we let Hamling go.

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Trengove now playing that role. I'm not as unhappy with Trenners as most on here are. Sure he makes some mistakes but he's a pretty solid defender. Who knows how Roughie would have gone this season when we were lacking midfield defensive pressure.
    Exactly. We could only play one of those two, and i would suggest Rougheads output would not be significantly better than Trengoves under our system.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove has been really solid and it's not a coincidence we've stemmed the tide of getting stung by the big forwards. His game on Lynch earlier this year was outstanding.

It's the overextension of Cordy that's the problem, and I'm not sure it's something keeping Roughy would've fixed. Hamling would be so handy right now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong has emerged as a potential front runner to land star Kangaroo Shaun Higgins.

Higgins has one year to run on his contract at Arden Street and the club is prepared to offer the 31-year-old a one-year contract extension, but he wants the security of a two-year extension.

North Melbourne legend Wayne Cary told Talking Footy the Kangaroos would be folly not to meet Higgins’ demands.

“His form warrants it — I think you could give him another two,” Carey said.

“He’s covering the ground beautifully. He’s playing sensational footy.”

Higgins began his career at the Western Bulldogs before being traded to North at the end of 2014, where he has become a dual club best and fairest.

He and his wife Heidi grew up in Geelong, while Higgins’ sister Danielle Orr plays for the Cats’ AFLW team.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...b44fd0a188dd6d

Post Thanks / Like

Would be the perfect player for us if he can stay on the park and he would excel on the outside of our midfield.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be the perfect player for us if he can stay on the park and he would excel on the outside of our midfield.
    Probably have a spot for him rotating forward too. Always knew where the goals were

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Probably have a spot for him rotating forward too. Always knew where the goals were
    Are you talking Higgins?

No thanks, he is too slow to be a decent outside player.