Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 82 of 284 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4260
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Apparently his phone number got out and he received thousands of messages on his phone from Doggies supporters.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently his phone number got out and he received thousands of messages on his phone from Doggies supporters.
    Some of them were even nice messages.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm responsible for about 7,000 of them. I didn't know there was that much love for him, unless they're all mine. Just don't keep ringing him if you intend on heavy breathing, sounding like Randy Marsh and asking him to talk through all 6 goals against Essendon that day.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

$1.2M in Frankston?!?!

Gee whiz, the market is crazy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    $1.2M in Frankston?!?!

Mate. I've lost count of the amount of people I went to school with who have become instant millionaires when their parents died and they sold the family home. It's unbelievable. I bought my first house in Suffolk st in West Footscray for $100 k in 1998. A couple of years ago that property was subdivided and the back yard (the rear of the property backed out onto a street with houses facing onto it giving you access from the street to the rear of the property. It's why I chose it) went for $475 000 and the front which faced Suffolk st and had the house on it went for $975 000 at auction. I sold in 2005 for 250k or so and while it would have been nice to hang on and really cash in but the lesson I have learned in my 54 years on earth is life's a bitch and then you die.

The amount of people moving to the west is incredible. Sometimes I wish they'd all just *!*!*!*! off back to the other side of town*. Especially when I'm stuck in traffic on Geelong rd. Gee that's busy now.

*Then I think how much I will get for my parents house and stop thinking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    $1.2M in Frankston?!?!

Fair house though, and on 1700m2 too. Put that house in a decent suburb and you're talking $6m+
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Mate. I've lost count of the amount of people I went to school with who have become instant millionaires when their parents died and they sold the family home. It's unbelievable. I bought my first house in Suffolk st in West Footscray for $100 k in 1998. A couple of years ago that property was subdivided and the back yard (the rear of the property backed out onto a street with houses facing onto it giving you access from the street to the rear of the property. It's why I chose it) went for $475 000 and the front which faced Suffolk st and had the house on it went for $975 000 at auction. I sold in 2005 for 250k or so and while it would have been nice to hang on and really cash in but the lesson I have learned in my 54 years on earth is life's a bitch and then you die.

The amount of people moving to the west is incredible. Sometimes I wish they'd all just *!*!*!*! off back to the other side of town*. Especially when I'm stuck in traffic on Geelong rd. Gee that's busy now.

*Then I think how much I will get for my parents house and stop thinking it.
    I bought my place in Melton Sth 5 years ago for 232000 it's now been priced at 450,000 , block is 590sq. My parents concrete home in braybrook sold for $750000 mid last year, the west is going through the roof at the moment.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I bought my place in Melton Sth 5 years ago for 232000 it's now been priced at 450,000 , block is 590sq. My parents concrete home in braybrook sold for $750000 mid last year, the west is going through the roof at the moment.
    It's unbelievable isn't it? Braybrook $750 000 is out of this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I respectfully ask that we please get back onto the topic
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Grant is playing with the Frankston Bombers this year in the Mornington Peninsula League. It is his original junior team.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned in earlier posts, but Josh Hill is playing with the Northern Blues this year. There was a post about this on VFL.com.au.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in earlier posts, but Josh Hill is playing with the Northern Blues this year. There was a post about this on VFL.com.au.

Interesting that he has chosen to come back to Victoria to play state level footy. Maybe he hasn't given up hope of being drafted again and he thinks it gets him the radar of more clubs. I wonder if he's bought his dad with him this time?

I always liked Josh. He was one ex player yiu could rely upon not to show us up by playing spectacular footy but he played a lot of games at West Coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Not sure that selling a house for a million bucks is quite the achievement it used to be.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not sure that selling a house for a million bucks is quite the achievement it used to be.
    It is in Frankston
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It is in Frankston
    I know you're only joking but it's Frankston South, right next to Mount Eliza. I've got family there and it's a pretty decent area. Frankston North on the other hand...