Thanks Thanks:  221
Likes Likes:  1,115
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190
Results 2,836 to 2,846 of 2846
  1. #2836
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    5,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bul...5468427431585/

    Some former greats of the club share their messages of support.

    Seeing Crossy's young blonde wearing RWB was a great feeling.

    You can see why Wheeler was such a good coach. You hear him speak and want to run through walls for him.
    Brilliant.

  2. #2837
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I saw this last night and loved Wheelers message… great motivator who like only a select few former players, who just get it.
    1992 is still my 2nd favourite season behind 2016 (might be relegated to 3rd after Saturday night). To go from formally extinct to a 16-6 season and winning a final in less than 3 years was an extraordinary coaching feat by Wheels. We beat the Saints 3 times that season, including a massive boilover at Moorabbin and a smashing at Waverly in a final, which was enormously satisfying.
    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

  3. Likes azabob, chef, Twodogs liked this post
  4. #2838
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    1992 is still my 2nd favourite season behind 2016 (might be relegated to 3rd after Saturday night). To go from formally extinct to a 16-6 season and winning a final in less than 3 years was an extraordinary coaching feat by Wheels. We beat the Saints 3 times that season, including a massive boilover at Moorabbin and a smashing at Waverly in a final, which was enormously satisfying.
    If only Fozzie didn't get that broken leg inflicted by a mongrel act by Dear. Was a great season 1992.
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  5. Likes chef liked this post
  6. #2839
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    1992 is still my 2nd favourite season behind 2016 (might be relegated to 3rd after Saturday night). To go from formally extinct to a 16-6 season and winning a final in less than 3 years was an extraordinary coaching feat by Wheels. We beat the Saints 3 times that season, including a massive boilover at Moorabbin and a smashing at Waverly in a final, which was enormously satisfying.
    That saints final was my first final as a supporter. What a day it was. Loved every minute of it.

    Was only 6 in 1985 and Dad didn't start taking me until 1989...

    Sedat also good to see you semi regular posting, would love to see more of it mate. I for one have missed your posts.
    #BeMoreBulldog

  7. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, EasternWest, Twodogs, merantau, josie liked this post
  8. #2840
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bul...5468427431585/

    Some former greats of the club share their messages of support.

    Seeing Crossy's young blonde wearing RWB was a great feeling.

    You can see why Wheeler was such a good coach. You hear him speak and want to run through walls for him.
    Wheels clearly my favourite too.

    I loved that someone actually noted Charlie's "shop early or don't shop at all" mantra.
    Someone in the Bulldogs media team clearly doesn't know what that actually means
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  9. #2841
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Qld.
    Posts
    7,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Wheels clearly my favourite too.

    I loved that someone actually noted Charlie's "shop early or don't shop at all" mantra.
    Someone in the Bulldogs media team clearly doesn't know what that actually means
    That was Dougie. Heard him say it a number of times now. AVOID THE RUSH.

  10. #2842
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bul...5468427431585/

    Some former greats of the club share their messages of support.

    Seeing Crossy's young blonde wearing RWB was a great feeling.

    You can see why Wheeler was such a good coach. You hear him speak and want to run through walls for him.
    Loved this so much. Outstanding. I heard Crossy was 50/50 a week ago, so it was great to see him and his son was brilliant.

  11. Likes merantau liked this post
  12. #2843
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    49,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Loved this so much. Outstanding. I heard Crossy was 50/50 a week ago, so it was great to see him and his son was brilliant.
    I read that he was 50/50, and thought how? He was at melbourne for 5 minutes.

    My mate sat next to him at the 2016 Grand Final. At 3/4 time, he said Dogs have got this.
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  13. #2844
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I read that he was 50/50, and thought how? He was at melbourne for 5 minutes.

    My mate sat next to him at the 2016 Grand Final. At 3/4 time, he said Dogs have got this.
    I think he worked with Melbourne in high performance for a period after he retired. Possibly worked with a few of there players still running around.

  14. #2845
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Teddy jr should have finished with a 'stick it up em' though
    I was waiting for it too, but it never came.
    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons,
    and sometimes we just snuggle

  15. #2846
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    6,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Following our ex's...................

    Former Western Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong will play local footy in 2022

    Montmorency has landed the recruit of the Northern Football League off-season so far.

    Western Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong will wear black and white in 2022, bolstering an already formidable Magpies midfield.

    Jong, 28, arrives at Montmorency Park with nine years and 65 games of AFL experience.

    The tough onballer won two VFL premierships with Footscray – 2014 and 2016 – winning the Norm Goss Medal for best-on-ground in the latter.

    A shoulder injury sustained in the 2016 elimination final denied him a chance to be part of the Bulldogs’ drought-breaking AFL premiership win.

    Jong played only one AFL game this season, suffering a serious hamstring injury in the Round 6 win over GWS and announced his retirement in August.

    Montmorency coach Garry Ramsay said Jong would have a massive influence on the club on and off the field.

    “We’re excited by his character more so than the footballer. I think he’s going to be a really good role model for our younger players,” Ramsay said.

    “Our expectations aren’t to be our best player, there’s no pressure on to win a best-and-fairest or anything, we want him to enjoy his footy and lead our young fellas with the right behaviours.

    “The entire Montmorency Football Club will benefit from having him down there and seeing the way he goes about things.”

    Jong is the second ex-Bulldog to join the NFL Division 1 in as many years, following old teammate Sam Lloyd’s arrival at Bundoora this season.

  16. Thanks Mofra, josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, jeemak, chef liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •