Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,172
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Young apparently broke an AFL/VFL record for most spoils in a match. 24 last night against the Dees.

Post Thanks / Like

Including one with his face in the final minute, which he could have marked to ice the game.

3. Likes hujsh, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Including one with his face in the final minute, which he could have marked to ice the game.
    He also was involved in that mess of 3-4 players V Melksham late in the fourth.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Young apparently broke an AFL/VFL record for most spoils in a match. 24 last night against the Dees.
    Second to the ball 24 times, how disappointing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Agree. He spoiled a number of times when he should have marked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree. He spoiled a number of times when he should have marked.
    He will learn from that. Had a very good game but there is still room for improvement.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard Jonathon Brown describe Jake Stringer as "arguably the best player in the competition" in the second half of last year. LOL

9. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I just heard Jonathon Brown describe Jake Stringer as "arguably the best player in the competition" in the second half of last year. LOL
    It's called "gilding the lily" in polite company. I actually thought I'd misheard him. I couldn't believe it. Ridiculous statement
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

11. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He also was involved in that mess of 3-4 players V Melksham late in the fourth.
    I was lining up to put that one on him too, but after a few replays it was clear he was a few away and not directly responsible for the outcome.

Someone with a bit more confidence or self assurance may have crashed the pack after going full pelt with the flight, but only the rarest of the rare would have.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone knows what being overrated for performance is like it's Jonathan Brown. He was probably just playing the long game so at some point he could compare records and say how much better than Stringer he was even though Stringer was the best in the competition over an obscure COVID riddled six month period......

14. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair he had an amazing second half of that year. I listened to a podcast where Jake talked about how hard he worked in the pre-season leading into that season. He did long endurance running for the first time in his life. He mentioned how hard it was and a real grind to put that number of KMs into his legs. He dropped a heap of weight and dramatically improved his conditioning. He played the best footy of his career off the back of that.

What did he do after he signed another contract. He changed his training in the lead up to this season! He dropped the long endurance runs and concentrated on shorter sprint work. I just read that as him being lazy after signing a contract. Why change something that made him elite. He don't have the right mindset and discipline to be consistent player at this level.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    To be fair he had an amazing second half of that year. I listened to a podcast where Jake talked about how hard he worked in the pre-season leading into that season. He did long endurance running for the first time in his life. He mentioned how hard it was and a real grind to put that number of KMs into his legs. He dropped a heap of weight and dramatically improved his conditioning. He played the best footy of his career off the back of that.

What did he do after he signed another contract. He changed his training in the lead up to this season! He dropped the long endurance runs and concentrated on shorter sprint work. I just read that as him being lazy after signing a contract. Why change something that made him elite. He don't have the right mindset and discipline to be consistent player at this level.
    It's like when players reflect on their good years, and the extra half hours here or there they do boxing instead of going for a coffee post training. Just do boxing all the time!

I won't be critical of them because I have to use my brain a lot more than I'm capable of but still get away with having a sub-optimal brain because of what I do to it more than I should.

18. Likes Testekill, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won’t disagree that he had a good last half of the year, but, to quote, “arguably the best player in the league “. I believe is nonsense.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won’t disagree that he had a good last half of the year, but, to quote, “arguably the best player in the league “. I believe is nonsense.
    The best player in the league wouldn't have 9 touches in a cutthroat elimination final.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I’m back around Jakey Boy because some American guys next to me at a Dons game I went to kept calling him Stingray, which for some reason is unbelievably funny to me.

Plus the threat of him becoming a consistent gun player or even a good one has completely dissipated. Hard to stay mad in a spot like that.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

23. Likes jeemak liked this post