Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Apparently Leon Cameron is a little upset that the Hawks and Blues have been having in season conversations with Coniglio.....https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...s-clarko-chat-

Funny he wasn't so against this back in 2014 when the Giants were having conversations with Ryan Griffin.
    Were those conversations with Griffin during the season or at the end of it? I'm probably wrong but I thought they were driven by his manager at the end of the season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Apparently Leon Cameron is a little upset that the Hawks and Blues have been having in season conversations with Coniglio.....https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...s-clarko-chat-

Funny he wasn't so against this back in 2014 when the Giants were having conversations with Ryan Griffin.
    I read at the time Fredi that Leon had been Griffen's confidant for quite a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Leon might be miffed but he's not stupid.

These machinations are absolutely rife, league-wide.

The AFEL want the player market to be the wild west - because content and headlines - so they're hardly going to neuter it with pesky anti-tampering measures.

Love Leon, but methinks he feeling the pressure.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

The AFEL want the player market to be the wild west - because content and headlines - so they're hardly going to neuter it with pesky anti-tampering measures.

Whats to love, for years he has only shown disdain for the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Whats to love, for years he has only shown disdain for the Dogs.
    172 games in our colours with distinction perhaps?

It's possible to hate the absolute guts of the mob he coaches while acknowledging he's done nothing untoward against us but his job.

That he and Bevo are close lends a bit of perspective.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Mofra, strebla, Twodogs, Max469, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were into Tom Boyd for just as long as they were into Griff.

And the great irony is the NRL which has been held up for years for it's 'mature' method of midyear signing of players and having players you know are going to another club still playing for your club is changing to the AFL model of having a trade period. Apparently it's no longer the height of maturity to have players playing for you when you know they will be wearing different colors the next year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

172 games in our colours with distinction perhaps?

It's possible to hate the absolute guts of the mob he coaches while acknowledging he's done nothing untoward against us but his job.

That he and Bevo are close lends a bit of perspective.
    The day that he, Ward & Griffen posed in their unfunny Lost Dogs Home social media post while our club was hurting and in disarray has tainted my feelings towards Cameron I’m afraid.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes josie, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    The day that he, Ward & Griffen posed in their unfunny Lost Dogs Home social media post while our club was hurting and in disarray has tainted my feelings towards Cameron I’m afraid.
    Whilst it was likely the social media team rather than Cameron - than was he line in the sand for me. So far - we’re on top. 1 prelim win to nothing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Whilst it was likely the social media team rather than Cameron - than was he line in the sand for me. So far - we’re on top. 1 prelim win to nothing!
    I’m sure it wasn’t his idea..but he, a life member of our club, agreed to it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’m sure it wasn’t his idea..but he, a life member of our club, agreed to it.
    Aye, but I'm inclined to put that down to the sort of showy bravado Leon's predecessor was fond of on a club yearning for attention and relevance.

It's rather nice knowing how it ended.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Aye, but I'm inclined to put that down to the sort of showy bravado Leon's predecessor was fond of on a club yearning for attention and relevance.

It's rather nice knowing how it ended.
    Leon still should have had the wherewithal or savvy to say "Yeah-nah, thanks, but no thanks. For one thing cheap shots are no way to improve our club and for another that's my old club man and if you think that I am going to gloat over this situation then you are mistaken. If the shoe was on the other foot would you blokes just laugh it off? Besides no matter who they are and what position they are in you don't provide cannon fodder to another club-imagine if we played them in a prelim final in a couple of years!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer, Adams, Dahl & Roughy all playing their first finals game for another club. I'm obviously happy our boys are playing finals too and not watching them all play finals.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Stringer, Adams, Dahl & Roughy all playing their first finals game for another club. I'm obviously happy our boys are playing finals too and not watching them all play finals.
    Stringer will only get to play one game though.

I just can't see Essendon being competitive in Perth. Hurley is a likely out now too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stringer will only get to play one game though.

I just can't see Essendon being competitive in Perth. Hurley is a likely out now too.
    Yep. Just looking at it. 1st, 2nd & 4th on the ladder got a new best 22 player from us last year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Just looking at it. 1st, 2nd & 4th on the ladder got a new best 22 player from us last year.
    Dahl is no loss to us, we’ve replaced his output. Given our aerial issues in defence, both Roughy and Adams would be very handy right now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.