Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 78 of 285 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4261
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    it's the gws
    Karma bus. Deledio is in the same boat.
    Mitch Honeychurch to GWS, Bulldogs win 2018 flag? Sorry Mitch but I'm cool with that.

2. Likes Twodogs, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think he's done and dusted. Body, mind and soul are just going through the stages. At 31 it would be interesting to see if he goes past his current contract.
    I meant it as more of a theoretical thing to see if people could welcome him back or whether the whole ordeal was too much. The optimist in me would like to think we could forgive him and, whilst there is no chance he returns to the club as a player, I would like to think at some point he goes back to referring to himself as a bulldog and feels welcome back in our four walls. Time will tell I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I meant it as more of a theoretical thing to see if people could welcome him back or whether the whole ordeal was too much. The optimist in me would like to think we could forgive him and, whilst there is no chance he returns to the club as a player, I would like to think at some point he goes back to referring to himself as a bulldog and feels welcome back in our four walls. Time will tell I guess.
    I don't hold grudges, going back to when KT was poached I was disappointed but like all the rest since I get over it pretty quick and have no issues with former players. I think you move on and look to what benefits the team currently and what's in the past is in the past.
    So on your theoretical thing, I wouldn't have issues if the club thought he would help us get that next flag.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I know it all turned out for the best, but for me Griffin's betrayal still stings. If he came back, I wouldn't be thrilled, let's put it like that.

Also he's cooked, and has been for some time.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I saw a picture on Instagram of Griff at Clay's wedding and it got me wondering: Hypothetically, if he were out of contract and we had a space would we consider taking him back? I know there are a lot of variables (his body, his mind, what he would cost us, etc.) but assuming he was good to go and could offer us something we lack (ie midfield speed) could we open our arms to him?

I have read a lot of people talk about how their '97 Prelim demons had washed away when we won the GF, would people also be able to move on from the horror post season events of 2014? While the circumstances are a little different, I look at the reception Geelong supporters are giving/will give Ablett and the nostalgic in me would love to see Griffen bursting through the midfield in the R,W, and B again.

What do you think? Could you personally and our club as a whole welcome him back?
    It's a no for mine. Kicked us in the guts the way he bailed, lost a lot of respect for him that day. Given his friends still there I could imagine the club itself opening its doors again. But I'd hate to see it. He can go and get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably take any of them back e.g. Griffen, Ward on our terms but only if there was a clear need that they could fill. In the case of Griffen he hasn't shown anything since his departure to indicate that he could serve a gap.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I know it all turned out for the best, but for me Griffin's betrayal still stings. If he came back, I wouldn't be thrilled, let's put it like that.

Also he's cooked, and has been for some time.

When I heard that Griff had walked I sat down and totted up how many captains had left to go to other clubs in my active supporting life. Griff made it 8. From 15 captains. More than 50% saw life at a different club mre attractive than captaining us. In a couple of cases they were lousy captains but it's still a lot that have headed for the door.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    When I heard that Griff had walked I sat down and totted up how many captains had left to go to other clubs in my active supporting life. Griff made it 8. From 15 captains. More than 50% saw life at a different club mre attractive than captaining us. In a couple of cases they were lousy captains but it's still a lot that have headed for the door.
    What's your list?

I know Hawk had a final year at Fitzroy but the 70s & early 80s were before my time.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What's your list?

I know Hawk had a final year at Fitzroy but the 70s & early 80s were before my time.
    Thorpe, Dempsey, Sandilands, Templeton, Edmond, Hawkins, Griffen. It's 'only' 7. I think that I convinced myself Keithy had gone to Collingwood as a player, not a coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Thorpe, Dempsey, Sandilands, Templeton, Edmond, Hawkins, Griffen. It's 'only' 7. I think that I convinced myself Keithy had gone to Collingwood as a player, not a coach.
    I always had a memory of McGuinness standing in as Captain for a couple of games, but might be wrong.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    I always had a memory of McGuinness standing in as Captain for a couple of games, but might be wrong.

His wiki page says that he was vice captain at the Crows and captain a few times when McDermott missed but nothing about captaining us. It has very little about us actually.

15. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Hill delisted by West Coast. 100 odd games and a Glendining meedal. Made a good fist of it out west

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Josh Hill delisted by West Coast. 100 odd games and a Glendining meedal. Made a good fist of it out west

I've still got his training jumper. I'm so scrawny the only two jumpers out of forty+ jumpers I have that don't hang off me are the pre (as in before they ever did a) preseason jumpers that belonged to Josh Hill and Jarrod Harbrow. They must be extra small.

18. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

old mate

Glenelg Football Club would like to advise of the following players who will not be continuing there involvement in the 2018 season:

Christian Howard advised the club that he will be retiring from SANFL football due to chronic hip pain. Christians relentless running, determination and selfless playing style were trademarks of his game and we wish him well in his future endeavours.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with whatever the future bring (Footscray premiership hero) Christian Howard and look after that glorious wobbly left foot that made us all so happy.