Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Jade Rawlings new coach of Norwood in the SANFL
    Lachlan Veale Norwood's new waterboy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, KT31, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw on Twitter the AFL has tweeted "Shaun Higgins will continue to chase for a premiership at his third club".

To which I replied "Shaun Higgins has never chased anything".

No need to thank me I did it for all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Just saw on Twitter the AFL has tweeted "Shaun Higgins will continue to chase for a premiership at his third club".

That's gold.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    That's gold.
    When can I expect my macaroon reward?

Post Thanks / Like

When can I expect my macaroon reward?
    Next time your in Kyabram.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Next time your in Kyabram.
    You're the worst.

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're the worst.
    Road trip!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you anyway.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will send you the Golden Finger statue for best Higgins sledge post departure from the Kennel.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Local footy: Chris Grant appointed co-coach of Spotswood’s women’s team

Western Bulldogs great Chris Grant will be calling the shot at Western Region Football League grounds next season in another big coaching appointment for the competition.

An AFL great will be calling the shots in the Western Region Football League’s women’s competition next season.

Western Bulldogs champion Chris Grant will share the coaching role with Ian Allen at Spotswood in a major coup for the reigning premier.

Grant and Allen have coached junior girls teams at the Wolves the past four seasons, with Isabella Grant coming through the club before she was snapped up by the Bulldogs as a father-daughter selection in last year’s AFLW draft.

The duo coached Spotswood to back-to-back under-18 girls premierships in 2018 and 2019.

President Michele Langlands praised Grant for his dedication to giving back to the club which helped his daughter reach the top level.

She said the former gun forward “wants to see his program come to fruition and he’s not ready to pass it on to anyone else yet”.

“He’s there for all the right reasons. Very unassuming,” Langlands said.

“I said to him, ‘Chris, what is your driver? Izzy won’t even be here.’

“He said he didn’t realise Spotswood was under his nose until Izzy wanted to play football and they had to go and check out clubs.

“He said there was something just so right about everything (at Spotswood).

“He’s so thankful she was at our club through that whole time.”

The decorated Grant played 341 matches for the Bulldogs from 1990-2007, crowned the Charles Sutton medallist as the club’s best-and-fairest twice.

He was a three-time All-Australian, captain and is a member of the Western Bulldogs’ Hall of Fame and AFL Hall of Fame.

While he is the Bulldogs’ director of football, Langlands said Grant was hopeful of attending most matches and training sessions.

Langlands said “about 15” players coached by Grant and Allen in the juniors would graduate to the seniors next season.

She said there had been “some great feedback, a couple of lovely texts” following the appointment.

But while Grant is the headline act, Langlands said Spotswood had assembled a strong support team.

“You just know we’re in good hands, and Chris won’t need to be there for everything,” she said.

“Everything will be in place.”

Several high-profile coaches have also joined the men’s senior ranks since the 2020 season was cancelled, with Michael Barlow (Yarraville-Seddon) and Heath Scotland (Sunshine) linking up with Division 1 clubs.

Steve Kretiuk (Hoppers Crossing), Sam Butler (St Albans) and Brodie Holland (Caroline Springs) have also been reappointed.

15. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gia a strong chance of getting the North Melbourne job.

Would absolutely love to see him succeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving his brand new role at the Bombers almost immediately to take the poisoned chalice North top job?

Essendon must be in even worse shape than we all imagined.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

AFL 2020: Daniel Giansiracusa in the race for North Melbourne job
    Another candidate for the North Melbourne head coach job has been revealed, with an initial list of 30 now whittled down to just three.
    Jon Ralph, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    Subscriber only

|
    November 17, 2020 1:15pm

AFL Coaches Association assistant coach of the year Daniel Giansiracusa is the third candidate for North Melbourne’s vacant coaching position.

The Roos have whittled down an initial list of around 30 candidates to a short list that the Herald Sun understands has Giansiracusa as a contender alongside Robert Harvey and David Noble.

Giansiracusa has moved to Essendon as an assistant coach after five seasons as an assistant at the Western Bulldogs, where he transitioned seamlessly into coaching after a 265-game career.

In 2020 he was set to continue coaching the Bulldogs’ Footscray VFL side after taking them into the finals in 2019 but after the season was scrapped he moved into working on opposition analysis as he also coached the club’s match simulation games.

The 38-year-old was poached by Essendon to work under new coach Ben Rutten but has permission to chase the North Melbourne job vacated by Rhyce Shaw.

Shaw was a two-time AFLCA coach of the year in his time at Sydney before moving to North Melbourne, where he took over from Brad Scott when he moved on.

The Roos have been adamant they are interested in all types of coaches, including those with vast senior experience and those who have not coached their team.

But Giansiracusa has a strong blend of tactical acumen and man management skills as well as having coached his own side in the VFL.

The AFLCA award is voted on by coaches and players and recognised the “sizeable contribution” made by Giansiracusa performing a variety of roles.

Harvey has drawn rave reviews as the Pies midfield coach, while former Dogs and Glenelg coach Noble worked at Adelaide as its head of football before taking up the same position at the Lions.

He has the Lions’ blessing to become a senior coach after saying only weeks ago he wanted to go down the path of becoming an AFL chief executive before changing his mind on exploring the Roos’ position.

North Melbourne football boss Brady Rawlings told a club Q and A session last week the Roos weren’t ruling out any candidate.

“I think the main thing is that we didn’t look at one type of coach in this process. We wanted to scour the competition, even outside of the competition and look at left field candidates as well,” he said.

“We didn’t want to miss out on a potential coach that’d be a great fit for us in North Melbourne. We didn’t look purely at age or purely at experience in the senior coaching role.

“We looked at all different types of candidates, so we really cast a net for potential candidates and then we started to narrow in on the ones we’d like to take to phase one. The panel’s been together for two to three weeks now, a very collaborative process.

“We come up with a criteria that we want to select our coach on, and yeah, we’re really confident, the position we’re currently in, that within the next week to two we hope to narrow that down and hopefully will announce the senior coach within maybe a fortnight.”
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Gia.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes G-Mo77, azabob, Testekill liked this post