Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,165
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Happens to us all at some point. I don’t see him playing finals or getting another year. Giving up pick 30 for him is going to look pretty reckless soon enough.
    They won with Smith, lost wth Higgins.
    Isaac Smith would have been amazing for us this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Would be nice to have some free agents want to be part of our upcoming flags.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep, he's still got plenty of pace and he's playing terrific football.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have access, but even just the headline…

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...53f60575ab12c5

Jason Akermanis launches own ‘Bitcoin Killer’ cryptocurrency
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post

There's many, many reasons to not have access to Murdoch junk and this is definitely added to them.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post

Jason Akermanis launches own ‘Bitcoin killer’ cryptocurrency

Jason Akermanis has launched his own cryptocurrency which, in typical style, he says will be bigger than Bitcoin.

The Brownlow medallist and three-time premiership player is an investor in the business behind Zucoins which went live this week.

The latest cryptocurrency bills itself as “the world’s first peer-to-peer next generation cryptocurrency” which is quicker to process transactions, cheaper and less energy intensive to produce and more able to handle small purchases.

“Our coin will go down as a turning point in the history of crypto currency and its technology made here in Australia,” Mr Akermanis said.

“It’s far more advanced than anything out there. All cryptocurrency have the same three problems – speed, costs and scalability – and our technology solves it.

“No matter how you try to dress up Bitcoin, it will have all of those problems. Ours doesn’t.”

The unusual venture pairs Mr Akermanis with Allan Endresz, an Albury business identity who was convicted of stock market manipulation in the 1990s and banned from being a company director amid numerous clashes and counter clashes with the corporate cop and tax office.

Mr Endresz is also the owner of racehorse Alligator Blood which was disqualified from last year’s $2m Magic Millions after testing positive to a prohibitive substance – a disqualification being challenged in the Supreme Court.

Mr Akermanis met Mr Endresz, who tried to sue the government for more than $4b in damages, during his time playing for Footscray and said the businessman didn’t hide any of his trials and tribulations.

“There is a lot to Allan’s story but I’ve heard both sides of it – you take the good and the bad with everyone,” he said.

“Al has taken more hate in his life than I think even I have and I admire him for being able to carry on with it.”

Zucoins have emerged from another of Mr Akermanis’s business ventures, Zukaz, an augmented reality marketing platform which allows users to collect discount retail vouchers in the same way they play Pokemon Go.

Zucoins are being sold for $60 each, the most expensive cryptocurrency yet in terms of initial price offering.

Mr Akermanis said the patented software behind the coin would cap production at 100 million, potentially creating a market worth $6 billion.

The former AFL star says his journey into crypto currency had left him a firm believer that the technology will fundamentally reshape how people buy and sell across the world by serving as a global currency.

Post Thanks / Like

Bezos, Musk.... Akermanis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bezos, Musk.... Akermanis.
    Is Aker being launched into space as well because I wouldn't be opposed.

11. Likes bornadog, jazzadogs, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Is Aker being launched into space as well because I wouldn't be opposed.
    Haha gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason Akermanis launches own ‘Bitcoin killer’ cryptocurrency

Jason Akermanis has launched his own cryptocurrency which, in typical style, he says will be bigger than Bitcoin.

The Brownlow medallist and three-time premiership player is an investor in the business behind Zucoins which went live this week.

The latest cryptocurrency bills itself as “the world’s first peer-to-peer next generation cryptocurrency” which is quicker to process transactions, cheaper and less energy intensive to produce and more able to handle small purchases.

“Our coin will go down as a turning point in the history of crypto currency and its technology made here in Australia,” Mr Akermanis said.

“It’s far more advanced than anything out there. All cryptocurrency have the same three problems – speed, costs and scalability – and our technology solves it.

“No matter how you try to dress up Bitcoin, it will have all of those problems. Ours doesn’t.”

The unusual venture pairs Mr Akermanis with Allan Endresz, an Albury business identity who was convicted of stock market manipulation in the 1990s and banned from being a company director amid numerous clashes and counter clashes with the corporate cop and tax office.

Mr Endresz is also the owner of racehorse Alligator Blood which was disqualified from last year’s $2m Magic Millions after testing positive to a prohibitive substance – a disqualification being challenged in the Supreme Court.

Mr Akermanis met Mr Endresz, who tried to sue the government for more than $4b in damages, during his time playing for Footscray and said the businessman didn’t hide any of his trials and tribulations.

“There is a lot to Allan’s story but I’ve heard both sides of it – you take the good and the bad with everyone,” he said.

“Al has taken more hate in his life than I think even I have and I admire him for being able to carry on with it.”

Zucoins have emerged from another of Mr Akermanis’s business ventures, Zukaz, an augmented reality marketing platform which allows users to collect discount retail vouchers in the same way they play Pokemon Go.

Zucoins are being sold for $60 each, the most expensive cryptocurrency yet in terms of initial price offering.

Mr Akermanis said the patented software behind the coin would cap production at 100 million, potentially creating a market worth $6 billion.

The former AFL star says his journey into crypto currency had left him a firm believer that the technology will fundamentally reshape how people buy and sell across the world by serving as a global currency.
    How do I delete some on else's post, GVGjr?

14. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    How do I delete some on else's post, GVGjr?
    You won't be laughing when me and Aker become billionaires on the back of zucchini coins or whatever they are called.

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You won't be laughing when me and Aker become billionaires on the back of zucchini coins or whatever they are called.
    At you? Probably not. You're an invaluable member of this board and I'd be happy for your success (please pay me now).

I'll always have a derisive snort for Akermanis however.

Post Thanks / Like

My GLACIAL, PERMAFROST, SUB ARCTIC, ICE COLD DISLIKING OF JAKE STRINGER may have thawed a microscopic degree when I saw his genuine seeming concern and support for Josh Bruce. There I said it. I ACTUALLY SAID IT. (well..........I typed it in a quiet dark corner)

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't cap at $6 billion if your goal is to become the world's currency
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Freo to add more Bulldog bite with Bob addition

FORMER Western Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy is headed to Fremantle in an off-field football department role.

AFL.com.au understands the 312-game champion will join the Dockers ahead of the 2022 season.

It is expected to be a similar role to that of former Collingwood captain Nick Maxwell who works as the Pies' leadership and culture manager.

Murphy has been a prominent voice on Melbourne radio SEN in recent years, hosting a drive program and being a regular voice on AFL Nation's match coverage.

He holds a close relationship with Fremantle chief executive and former Dogs teammate Simon Garlick, as well as ex-Dog and current Dockers backline coach Matthew Boyd.

Bulldogs greats Matthew Boyd and Robert Murphy embrace after their final AFL game in 2017. Picture: AFL Photos
    Garlick played five seasons at the Dogs alongside Murphy in the early 2000s before he was appointed the Dogs' chief executive for five years in 2010 while Murphy was still a player.

Dockers coach Justin Longmuir also saw the impact of Maxwell's role first-hand at the Pies in their time together in 2018-2019 before he was named Dockers coach ahead of 2020.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes Max469 liked this post