Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,173
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    But if she’s protected, how does your vaccination status impact her?
    Because your viral load is lower if you get it = less likely to kill Nana.

2 x Vaxxed people is the ultimate. Remember it's not perfect, Nana can still get it from you.

But like 90% less likely if you are and she is double dosed.

2. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Because your viral load is lower if you get it = less likely to kill Nana.

2 x Vaxxed people is the ultimate. Remember it's not perfect, Nana can still get it from you.

But like 90% less likely if you are and she is double dosed.
    Unfortunately, there is data coming out that contradicts that (see Lancet from October). Viral load peak in vaccinated is near levels of unvaxxed, hence we’re seeing a country like Gibraltar with almost 100% of adult pop double vaccinated now seeing a spike in case numbers (hospitalisation is low however which is why at risk population should definitely get it).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    My vaccination status would impact on every person I come contact with. Less likely to get it, have it severely and pass it on.

I respect your right not to get vaccinated mate, I just dont agree with it. But people shouldn't be forced and at the end of the day only 5% won't/wouldn't and they are just going to have to deal with any long standing health effects they get.
    It's only when you've won the lottery of birth, and live in country like ours where you can protest this at all. People are begging to be protected as they die choking on their own phlegm in the third world.

Blessed are the meek and all that hey.

I respect people's right to their opinion, and that's why I love our system, it allows adult discourse around subjects like this where some might have information from sources that are more accurate than others.

I don't agree but I respect (to a point !).

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, there is data coming out that contradicts that (see Lancet from October). Viral load peak in vaccinated is near levels of unvaxxed, hence we’re seeing a country like Gibraltar with almost 100% of adult pop double vaccinated now seeing a spike in case numbers (hospitalisation is low however which is why at risk population should definitely get it).
    I haven't seen that. Send it through I've got access to all the scientific journals.

Post Thanks / Like

What about that Liam Jones though hey !

And Jackson Trengove is coaching Barooga.

https://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...-man-as-coach/

8. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen that. Send it through I've got access to all the scientific journals.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

Although peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type, it increased modestly with age (difference of 0·39 [95% credible interval –0·03 to 0·79] in peak log10 viral load per mL between those aged 10 years and 50 years).

Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts.
    Gibraltar are averaging 50+ cases a day the last week (worst spike since last year) despite 99% double vaccinated. Whatever your status, you can transmit it and catch it pretty easily. If you’re young and healthy, it’s likely a mild response. If you’re at risk, it can be very bad hence why all at risk people should take the vaccination for added protection.

We will also soon have access to anti viral medication that can be taken if infected (from Pfizer before anyone starts talking about ‘horse tablets’).

The most important thing and just a good idea in general is to ensure you’re as fit as possible and at a healthy weight. Obesity is a major factor in covid mortality rates. Obviously that’s not straightforward for everyone which is where vaccines should be utilised.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

Gibraltar are averaging 50+ cases a day the last week (worst spike since last year) despite 99% double vaccinated. Whatever your status, you can transmit it and catch it pretty easily. If you’re young and healthy, it’s likely a mild response. If you’re at risk, it can be very bad hence why all at risk people should take the vaccination for added protection.

We will also soon have access to anti viral medication that can be taken if infected.
    Cool thanks mate will have a read through, will this thing ever go away. We were told the other day 17 percent of UK cases are Delta plus (i think more infectious less deadly but dont quote me) and there's a new strain of concern in Africa.

Post Thanks / Like

What about that Liam Jones though hey !

And Jackson Trengove is coaching Barooga.

https://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...-man-as-coach/
    Casboult has been reluctant to get jabbed but has now agreed if Suns pick him up as a Rookie.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    My vaccination status would impact on every person I come contact with. Less likely to get it, have it severely and pass it on.

I respect your right not to get vaccinated mate, I just dont agree with it. But people shouldn't be forced and at the end of the day only 5% won't/wouldn't and they are just going to have to deal with any long standing health effects they get.
    I am vaccinated, but not because I’m worried about Covid (I’m low risk, under 40 and not obese), not because it’ll protect Nanna (she is vaccinated because she should be as she’s over 70 and anyway, I can catch Covid and transmit it to her anyway) and certainly not because I’m ‘brave’ (it’s a small jab, not exactly fighting a lion barehanded lol).

I got it because if you want to live relatively free in this state, despite your health/risk profile, you have to be jabbed. Thankfully Im not one of the unlucky ones that had a side effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I am vaccinated, but not because I’m worried about Covid (I’m low risk, under 40 and not obese), not because it’ll protect Nanna (she is vaccinated because she should be as she’s over 70 and anyway, I can catch Covid and transmit it to her anyway) and certainly not because I’m ‘brave’ (it’s a small jab, not exactly fighting a lion barehanded lol).

I got it because if you want to live relatively free in this state, despite your health/risk profile, you have to be jabbed. Thankfully Im not one of the unlucky ones that had a side effect.
    What about the supermarket, you cross paths with someone with a chronic lung condition for eg.

That's enough reason right?

Protecting our most vulnerable?

OMG I just seriously got spammed by the UAP as I typed this.

Post Thanks / Like

Not just this state - Australia.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the supermarket, you cross paths with someone with a chronic lung condition for eg.

That's enough reason right?

Protecting our most vulnerable?

OMG I just seriously got spammed by the UAP as I typed this.
    Our most vulnerable should definitely take the vaccine to protect themselves and reduce symptoms.

My vaccination status really should have no bearing on them given I can transmit it either way. What would you say to those that have developed myocarditis or Bell’s palsy following their jab?

Post Thanks / Like

Our most vulnerable should definitely take the vaccine to protect themselves and reduce symptoms.

My vaccination status really should have no bearing on them given I can transmit it either way. What would you say to those that have developed myocarditis or Bell’s palsy following their jab?
    Percentage wise I'd say you're really really really really really really unlucky.

TBH i think you're kind of clutching at straws, I don't mean to be disrespectful you seem like a good guy. I agree the mandate seems a little un democratic, but like others have said you need a driver's license etc.

And point is, you actually don't have to get it.

The science says getting it reduces your chance of getting it and giving it at this point, there may be some evidence to the contrary but I look more at the meta analysis and it's not showing up.

If you want to find something to back your belief you can I guess is what I'm hinting at.

I'm respectful of everyone's choice re their want to be vaccinated. But I will argue the efficacy scientifically based on what I read, and who I talk to.

Plus who doesn't want a third testicle right? (sorry)

19. Likes chef, josie, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Percentage wise I'd say you're really really really really really really unlucky.
    Which would be small comfort for them.

And obviously we’re only less than 12 months from first roll out, let’s see how things shake out in the long term. There are many examples of vaccines and drugs being recalled after FDA approval once long term effects are established. That isn’t conspiracy or tin foil speculation, that’s just a fact. It’s completely reasonable to hold some concern and if anyone suggests otherwise or to just 100% ‘trust the science’, it’s just gaslighting.

One thing is for sure…I’m happy to see other treatment options are becoming available, rather than putting everything into the vaccine basket.

21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're vaxxed mate. Not just this state, probably most of the world.
    The curse is dead.