Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,184
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Well the shirt still fits !

He would indeed. The master of closing space quickly and using his body to buffet players off balance in the air.

That Riewoldt incident still burns.
    I've never known a fullback who ran down the ground and kick as many goals as Briza did either.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the shirt still fits !

He would indeed. The master of closing space quickly and using his body to buffet players off balance in the air.

That Riewoldt incident still burns.
    He probably shouldn't have bumped him immediately after the umpire said "if you do it again I'm paying a free kick".
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes chef, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He probably shouldn't have bumped him immediately after the umpire said "if you do it again I'm paying a free kick".
    That doesn't fit my we were robbed narrative.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll never forgive Lake for being an utter tool after he left us, fawning over the Hawks etc. But I’ll be damned if he wasn’t in the top handful of Dogs players I’ve seen over the past 20 years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't fit my we were robbed narrative.
    Well I'm not really disagreeing with you - I 100% blame the umpire for creating the situation by saying it.

Of course, Brian could have helped by just holding off on the roughing up for a couple of minutes.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting time to start playing around with the rules and conventions of the game from the umpire.

Lake should have been able to heed the warning, but that the warning was made in the first place is beyond belief considering that type of contact was happening all over the ground throughout the entire game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not really disagreeing with you - I 100% blame the umpire for creating the situation by saying it.

Of course, Brian could have helped by just holding off on the roughing up for a couple of minutes.
    He's an interesting cat Briza, very funny guy but deeper than that I think. I don't feel any animosity towards him for leaving, I actually have spoken to him about this over beers at the local footy club when I was there and he was just disillusioned at the Dogs and needed a change.

Re that Reiwoldt incident I barely remember the conversation but I believe he said he either didn't hear the umpire or he didn't bump him with any force the last time.

Edit : I actually raised it with another former defender during the Saints game this year (recently departed to QLD) and I even re-enacted the dive.
    He shook his head and walked away. I think because of my play acting mainly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Pretty interesting time to start playing around with the rules and conventions of the game from the umpire.

Lake should have been able to heed the warning, but that the warning was made in the first place is beyond belief considering that type of contact was happening all over the ground throughout the entire game.
    Also that bump was before the ball was bounced, and Riewoldt either over reacted or is a big pussy.

At the end of the day, that bump did not lose us the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Another piece on Stringer, because there's not a day that ends in Y that he's not talked about on SEN (I assume):

STRINGER'S PRIVATE TRAINER REVEALS HOW ESSENDON MIDFIELDER RESURRECTED HIS CAREER

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/02/...surrected-his/
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just watch Tim Watson and the Channel Essendon sports report run with this one tonight. Couldn't be bothered reading the article but wondering about Jake's private trainer, what's her name and what year level is she completing in 2022?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Also that bump was before the ball was bounced, and Riewoldt either over reacted or is a big pussy.

At the end of the day, that bump did not lose us the game.
    It certainly put us on the backfoot big time. It was a scrap to score goals and we gifted them one.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It certainly put us on the backfoot big time. It was a scrap to score goals and umpire gifted them one.
    We still had two quarters to play. We kicked 1.4 in the last and they kicked 2 goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Agree with this entirely.

Edit : I actually raised it with another former defender during the Saints game this year (recently departed to QLD) and I even re-enacted the dive.
    He shook his head and walked away. I think because of my play acting mainly.
    It was unquestionably the play acting.

Also weird that Lake said he didn't hear it - as I recall the umoire said it directly to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If one of our players did that and it gifted us a goal in a game where goals were priceless you'd be all over Twitter with Photoshops of that player pulling the wool over the Umps eyes and saying he should be king of Moomba.

You don't fool me.

Anyway, in my opinion the deliberate out of bounds against Akermanis and Shaggy were far more dubious.

21. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultimately Riewoldt dived but it was stupid of Lake to do it. Even then we lost the match due to inaccuracy.

23. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this entirely.

It was unquestionably the play acting.

Also weird that Lake said he didn't hear it - as I recall the umoire said it directly to him.

If one of our players did that and it gifted us a goal in a game where goals were priceless you'd be all over Twitter with Photoshops of that player pulling the wool over the Umps eyes and saying he should be king of Moomba.

You don't fool me.

Anyway, in my opinion the deliberate out of bounds against Akermanis and Shaggy were far more dubious.
    It was a while ago I could've inserted a memory that doesnt exist.
    Like that time me and Brian had a fight and he pinched my Adam's apple in the pocket at Telstra Dome when I was Drew Petrie.
    Rude!

(I've had a long day at work)