Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    My mates and I beat Jordan McMahon and family at a pub quiz tonight at Glenelg. Very randomly one of the questions was about the Western Bulldogs and we both looked at each other and laughed
    What was the question and did you get it right
    Last edited by bornadog; 16-04-2022 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typos
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What was then question and di you get it right

Did Adam Goodes start his AFL career at the Dogs. Presumably everyone got it right. And yes, Jordy was there when Brett was there.

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone see Lewis Young's game today? I didn't, looks like he had 3 kicked on him by Chol
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Anyone see Lewis Young's game today? I didn't, looks like he had 3 kicked on him by Chol
    Yep. He's still definitely Lewis Young.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/04/...ith-right-now/

THE KEY DEFENDER THE BULLDOGS COULD DO WITH RIGHT NOW

Marcus Adams has been colossal down back for Brisbane early in 2022.

The 28-year-old leads the competition for total marks, intercept marks and is ranked number two for total intercepts after five games.

Adams was traded to the Lions from the Western Bulldogs after three injury-interrupted seasons at Whitten Oval at the end of 2018, in exchange for pick 32 and a future third-round selection.

SEN Breakfast co-hosts David King and Kane Cornes discussed trades clubs would want back and the Adams deal involving the Lions and Bulldogs was raised.

King says Adams is “exactly” the type of defender the Dogs need right now.

“They (the Bulldogs) got a good player (Laitham Vandermeer) out of that move,” the North Melbourne champion said.

“But Marcus Adams is exactly what the Dogs need right now, he leads the competition in intercept marks.

“He’s actually set a record at Round 5 ever for intercept marks – ever. He’s taken 25 intercept marks in five rounds.

“And when I look at the Dogs after four weeks, they’re 16th in the competition for intercepts. It’s the major way you score. It’s the number one reason you score, winning the ball back.

“They’ve gone and got Tim O’Brien to try and find the next Marcus Adams.

“This is what I’m talking about. If you get one of these decisions wrong, you can spend the next two to three to four trade periods or draft periods getting that player again.

“What an error.”

Cornes added: “They’d love him, wouldn’t they?”

Into his fourth season at the Lions, Adams has made 33 appearances and has featured in all five games so far this year.

The key defender has played a total of 60 AFL games for the Lions and Dogs since debuting in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/04/...ith-right-now/

THE KEY DEFENDER THE BULLDOGS COULD DO WITH RIGHT NOW

Marcus Adams has been colossal down back for Brisbane early in 2022.

The 28-year-old leads the competition for total marks, intercept marks and is ranked number two for total intercepts after five games.

Adams was traded to the Lions from the Western Bulldogs after three injury-interrupted seasons at Whitten Oval at the end of 2018, in exchange for pick 32 and a future third-round selection.

SEN Breakfast co-hosts David King and Kane Cornes discussed trades clubs would want back and the Adams deal involving the Lions and Bulldogs was raised.

King says Adams is “exactly” the type of defender the Dogs need right now.

“They (the Bulldogs) got a good player (Laitham Vandermeer) out of that move,” the North Melbourne champion said.

“But Marcus Adams is exactly what the Dogs need right now, he leads the competition in intercept marks.

“He’s actually set a record at Round 5 ever for intercept marks – ever. He’s taken 25 intercept marks in five rounds.

“And when I look at the Dogs after four weeks, they’re 16th in the competition for intercepts. It’s the major way you score. It’s the number one reason you score, winning the ball back.

“They’ve gone and got Tim O’Brien to try and find the next Marcus Adams.

“This is what I’m talking about. If you get one of these decisions wrong, you can spend the next two to three to four trade periods or draft periods getting that player again.

“What an error.”

Cornes added: “They’d love him, wouldn’t they?”

Into his fourth season at the Lions, Adams has made 33 appearances and has featured in all five games so far this year.

The key defender has played a total of 60 AFL games for the Lions and Dogs since debuting in 2016.
    Gee Cornes is a fckhead. He wanted out, we didn't turf him so hardly an error.

AFL media is such gutter crap.
    The curse is dead.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Gee Cornes is a fckhead. He wanted out, we didn't turf him so hardly an error.

AFL media is such gutter crap.
    Totally. You would think if you're a supposed professional and you,re going to make these sort of comments you would do a little bit of research first.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a joke. I wish I was allowed to revise history to suit whatever drum I'm beating in my line of work, it'd be so much easier.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

All of that being said (yes they framed it wrong) he IS exactly the player we’d love to have in our 22 right now. Adams has not been able to play continuously so let’s wait and see how the balance of his career goes though. He’s had good runs before but they’re usually cut short.

Post Thanks / Like

He want out and just could not get his body right . It took the Lions 2 years to get his body right

Also I got the impression he did not like the idea of playing forward

We looked to be ahead initially on this trade but I am afraid Vanders may not make it with his hammy issues
    Yes , Corne trying to create a headline and clickbait

It’s easy to talk in hindsight

Post Thanks / Like

I see Lewis Young has been playing today. Watched most of the game but have hardly noticed him. A couple of touches from what I can gather.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams isn’t good though?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Adams isn’t good though?
    Yes he is. He is having a great year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Adams isn’t good though?
    Not a fan at all
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.