Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,189
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    My major takeaway was that at the age of 22 he thought he was an experienced organisational effectiveness expert.
    I agree but honestly based on what I have observed with AFL players and the way they operate they don't really outgrow that 18/19 year old mindset for ages. They'll become older in some senses with responsibility (mostly from money allowing them to do "adult" stuff like get property portfolios and stuff) and also often have families younger than the norm but it's got to be a really weird full time environment to spend your early adult years in.

It kind of strikes me as being very private school like (I guess this could be why everyone in the league is from one) in that the support structure they are given is very comprehensive and shapes their views in a certain manner, and i can see how someone who comes from outside that system (and in the "real world") even for a short time could feel out of place, much like a public school kid would find private school different.

This is all bullshit as i have neither been on an AFL list nor a private school but thats the vibe i get, and if you are someone who isn't naturally "one of the boys" I can see how you'd find the experience odd.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was drafted in 2015, so he only had a year with Hamling.
    And asked for a trade when Hamling did.
    I went to three functions that year including a special one that the President organised that went through our success in 2016.
    Hamling and Adams walked in together on at least 2 of them. Interestingly is that Hamling wasn't known as a great mixer with the group as well but that isn't being mentioned as a negative for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I went to three functions that year including a special one that the President organised that went through our success in 2016.
    Hamling and Adams walked in together on at least 2 of them. Interestingly is that Hamling wasn't known as a great mixer with the group as well but that isn't being mentioned as a negative for him.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting Adams is in the wrong for anything other than possibly moonlighting as an organisational effectiveness expert without qualifications and potting the club.

Rather, most of us are saying we had some difficult personalities who were probably shit blokes when hunting in packs.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting Adams is in the wrong for anything other than possibly moonlighting as an organisational effectiveness expert without qualifications and potting the club.

Rather, most of us are saying we had some difficult personalities who were probably shit blokes when hunting in packs.
    I’m also saying he’s bad but feel like that’s just me.

He seems pretty chill for the most part but I am suss on anyone that fit.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’m also saying he’s bad but feel like that’s just me.

He seems pretty chill for the most part but I am suss on anyone that fit.
    If you can't trust super fit, good looking, deep thinkers like Marcus and I, then I think that's on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    If you can't trust super fit, good looking, deep thinkers like Marcus and I, then I think that's on you.
    Solid. I'll pay it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They are both the same age and both come from Perth. Not overly surprising they became mates and may have had some shared history.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    They are both the same age and both come from Perth. Not overly surprising they became mates and may have had some shared history.
    Hamling is from Broome but I guess they could have crossed paths at junior level.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hamling is from Broome but I guess they could have crossed paths at junior level.
    Hamling not on the current injury list, I wonder if he is right to go this year?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hamling not on the current injury list, I wonder if he is right to go this year?
    He played round 2 and then was dropped. Played round 1 of the WAFL on the weekend so he's just not getting a game. I wonder if all the injuries have taken a toll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He played round 2 and then was dropped. Played round 1 of the WAFL on the weekend so he's just not getting a game. I wonder if all the injuries have taken a toll.
    Cheers, I didn't see that. Hopefully he can get back at some stage. I liked Hamling and like many was not happy losing him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They aren’t playing Griffin Logue either, who from what I’ve seen is pretty good and psychotically courageous. They’ve gone from having all their key defenders out to all of them available and have almost over-catered to the position as a result. So pretty much the complete opposite of us.

Logue and Hamling could be guys to keep in mind at year’s end when eyeing up potential targets.

Post Thanks / Like

They aren’t playing Griffin Logue either, who from what I’ve seen is pretty good and psychotically courageous. They’ve gone from having all their key defenders out to all of them available and have almost over-catered to the position as a result. So pretty much the complete opposite of us.

Logue and Hamling could be guys to keep in mind at year’s end when eyeing up potential targets.
    Logue would be great, but are we mentally ready yet to cheer for a Griffen?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a reasonable player. He'd be worth a look at
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Logue would be great, but are we mentally ready yet to cheer for a Griffen?
    Depends how keen the new one is on pig shooting and phone reception.