Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I’m questioning the legitimacy of this??!!
    I've fascinated by the notion that it was six times in the one afternoon!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the record - according to the interwebs - is seven. A US Law Man.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I've fascinated by the notion that it was six times in the one afternoon!
    No, it was never 6 times in an afternoon....that is a bit far fetched. I've provided 3 examples so far, twice in the one game of football that debunks the myth that lightning never strikes twice in the same spot and then once on a golf course.

The fact is I can't believe Dougie milked his experience for all it's worth and even slipped in a Dipper reference.

Have a look at the Catatumbo lightning phenomenon at Lake Maracaibo and tell me that people there haven't been hit multiple times?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks Daughter of the West thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone who's been wondering what Gary does, he's apparently an unlucky meteorologist.

6. Likes GVGjr, azabob, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoying seeing Ferg out there doing his thing for the Hawks. So glad he got another chance.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

8. Likes josie, EasternWest, bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Really enjoying seeing Ferg out there doing his thing for the Hawks. So glad he got another chance.
    Come on, we have got Hannan.

Post Thanks / Like

This actually looks funny, Libba is a classic :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqpdC...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Osborne on front bar. God he was a great footballer and bloke .
    Has hardly changed and is 60 .
    Loved it when he did the famous huge arc , once he got into it he would never miss and sometimes from about 65 metres out . I will never understand why any club let him go. Absolute gun.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He kicked a barrel at the Barkley street end one day, from the grandstand flank and I was directly behind it in the pocket at the other end of the ground and it was magic to see it sail through. It was against either Geelong or Melbourne circa 94/95.

Amazing that he managed 283 games, given some of the challenges he had with injuries etc. Absolute freak of a footballer and one who doesn't get the kudos he should given he didn't play for successful teams for the most part.

14. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Richard Osborne on front bar. God he was a great footballer and bloke .
    Has hardly changed and is 60 .
    Loved it when he did the famous huge arc , once he got into it he would never miss and sometimes from about 65 metres out . I will never understand why any club let him go. Absolute gun.
    When he came over to us, he quickly became one of my favorites, was disappointed when he left.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    When he came over to us, he quickly became one of my favorites, was disappointed when he left.
    I think he was a favourite to all fans clubs he played for, had that aura about him. He was actually too nice , never got booed at all when he changed clubs.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He kicked a barrel at the Barkley street end one day, from the grandstand flank and I was directly behind it in the pocket at the other end of the ground and it was magic to see it sail through. It was against either Geelong or Melbourne circa 94/95.

Amazing that he managed 283 games, given some of the challenges he had with injuries etc. Absolute freak of a footballer and one who doesn't get the kudos he should given he didn't play for successful teams for the most part.
    I think that was right in front of me, I swear it was from close to the Bulldog players' race where I used to stand. Biggest kick I ever saw at Whitten Oval.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fascinating story behind Dog's secret move to Hawks

Player agent Marty Pask retells how Brian Lake's trade from the Western Bulldogs to Hawthorn went down

T WAS the 'dead of night' meeting that turned Brian Lake into a triple-premiership Hawk.

Already a two-time All-Australian and a best and fairest winner at the Western Bulldogs, Lake's career was at a crossroads at the end of the 2012 season. Set to turn 31 in a couple of months and with the Dogs hoping to undergo a list rebuild, the question was posed as to what would come next in his career.

Retelling his favourite trade story on AFL.com.au's new trade and draft podcast Gettable this week, Lake's manager Marty Pask explained why he felt the defender's subsequent switch to Hawthorn was the first step towards the more active and mature player movement space we have now.

"That was probably one of the significant moments I felt where (list management) started to change," Pask said.

"I remember having a chat with (then-Western Bulldogs list manager) Jason McCartney, the coach was Brendan McCartney at the time, and they wanted to go down the youth aspect.

"If Brian was just going to be the old guy that sits in the forward line because you want to develop a backman, and he's going to sit there and basically limp to 200 games and then retirement, why don't we have a mature conversation where you could get something and I could find something? Jason, to his credit, said he saw it that way.

"He said, 'Let's keep it between us but let's have a chat about it'. We had that chat. He wanted me to do the right thing ? he didn't want it in the papers ? and he wanted to see what I could find."

So Pask began working the phones. Hawthorn, which just days earlier had lost the 2012 Grand Final to Sydney, was in need of a key defender and Lake fitted the bill. A call was made to the Hawks' list manager at the time, Graham Wright, about the prospect of a deal.

A midnight meeting at the club's Waverley headquarters followed and the rest is history. Lake won premierships with Hawthorn in 2013, 2014 and 2015, famously taking home the Norm Smith Medal as the Grand Final's best player in his first season at the club.

"Graham Wright was my first call," Pask said.

"I told 'Wrighty' how I saw it and how I thought he could help and asked what he thought. He could see this happening. We ended up meeting Alastair Clarkson and Graham Wright in the dead of night at Waverley, and it really was the dead of night.

"We had a really good, honest conversation about where Brian needed to get to. He was 31, he needed to lose a bit, slim down, play differently. Brian accepted it all, then I put Jason and Graham together.

"We all kept it quiet. Hawthorn played a Grand Final that year, so if anything got out then we were out. No one could talk about it, no one could say anything. I think the Trade Period started the week after the Grand Final and it literally just dropped. Brian was now at Hawthorn and everyone was like, 'Where did that come from?'"

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda unfair of Marty to not acknowledge how clever we were to get it done for unders as quickly as possible so we could focus on other trades like Matthew Bate and Chris Dawes.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Marty's account probably doesn't articulate how much we wanted Lake out of the club rather than have him sook at FF until the end of his contract.