Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,184
Page 28 of 289 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Darley had 25 possessions playing for Richmond VFL today. I believe he is their captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Darley had 25 possessions playing for Richmond VFL today. I believe he is their captain.
    He's a solid second tier player. Good for him, except getting 25 touches against us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He is.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Whilst I agree with you to an extent I would point out that he chose to pad his career out at Hawthorn and not Richmond or Essendon or one of the other clubs that looked likely to be successful when he made his choice at the end if 2012.

Actually were Richmond looking likely at the end od 2012? Swap them for Collingwood otherwise.
    He went to a club with self-entitled supporters rather than a club with dumbarse supporters. Good for him!

In honesty, I think he's a magnificent footballer and unlike others I was very happy to get him out of the club for what the trade returned. He wanted out, we wanted him out and we're all better for it.

I don't think he should be on TV though. But I think most people who are on TV shouldn't be on TV. It's a problem.

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Darley's probably up to it, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a second chance if he cools his head a little and can focus his way though a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He went to a club with self-entitled supporters rather than a club with dumbarse supporters. Good for him!

In honesty, I think he's a magnificent footballer and unlike others I was very happy to get him out of the club for what the trade returned. He wanted out, we wanted him out and we're all better for it.

I don't think he should be on TV though. But I think most people who are on TV shouldn't be on TV. It's a problem.
    Yeah, no. Great footballer. I change my mind on a daily basis over whether Tits or Brain was the best fullback I saw in our jumper. I know that I wouldn't have relished playing on either of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah, no. Great footballer. I change my mind on a daily basis over whether Tits or Brain was the best fullback I saw in our jumper. I know that I wouldn't have relished playing on either of them.
    Brian's intercept marking would really hurt you. Tits would just hurt you.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Brian's intercept marking would really hurt you. Tits would just hurt you.
    Back in Ricky's day they would have thought intercept marking was for wimps. What fun was it unless you could crash into someone? Simon Beasley turned his intercept mark against Collingwood into a contested mark with Greg Phillips for posterity.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that Brendon

Carlton coach Brendon Bolton says discarded forward Liam Jones is a chance to come into the side to face Fremantle on Sunday, as the Blues look address their inability to score.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He still has a year to go after this doesn't he? Good old uncle Mick.

Post Thanks / Like

Took some ripper marks against the Cats last week. Will be interesting to see how he goes. I'm almost at the point where I feel sorry for him, almost.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Took some ripper marks against the Cats last week. Will be interesting to see how he goes. I'm almost at the point where I feel sorry for him, almost.
    He's the best payed player in the VFL. He's doing alright.

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope for his sake the Carlton supporters aren't mean to him, he's a very sensitive soul. Knowing how rational and generous they are with under performing player he'll be fine
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was with a couple of Carlton supporters on Saturday and they are still spitting chips
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I just hope for his sake the Carlton supporters aren't mean to him, he's a very sensitive soul. Knowing how rational and generous they are with under performing player he'll be fine

Meh! He can afford really good therapy.