Thanks Thanks:  370
Likes Likes:  2,170
Page 71 of 287 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4299
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    There was a Darren back in the '80s too. No relation.
    I lived with Darren he is doing well, his son is at Glenelg and he coaches juniors.
    Bring back the biff

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I lived with Darren he is doing well, his son is at Glenelg and he coaches juniors.

Braybrook boy wasn't he? He had some talent too.

Did Darren move to SA to play footy or did his son move over to play? Glenelg is the only sporting team in Australia who's name is a palindrome.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Braybrook boy wasn't he? He had some talent too.

Did Darren move to SA to play footy or did his son move over to play? Glenelg is the only sporting team in Australia who's name is a palindrome.
    From Sale, him and Alister Ford moved in with us in braybrook.
    Darren got cleared to Woodville and blight was coach, later he moved to Centrals.
    . He has lived in SA ever since.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

You must be thinking of Darren Brown he is the braybrook boy, I still catch up with him at games.
    Good breed back then in braybrook , I grew up and hung out with Zeno, Darren brown Phil Okeefe, had Granty and Alister living with me , fruitcake spent a week or two with us and then Brian Wilson came and played cricket with us all at totty. We were all totty baptist players at one stage.
    Had a mean indoor side going at sunshine for a while too
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

You must be thinking of Darren Brown he is the braybrook boy, I still catch up with him at games.
    Good breed back then in braybrook , I grew up and hung out with Zeno, Darren brown Phil Okeefe, had Granty and Alister living with me , fruitcake spent a week or two with us and then Brian Wilson came and played cricket with us all at totty. We were all totty baptist players at one stage.
    Had a mean indoor side going at sunshine for a while too
    Funny. I pretty much live in Totty these days. Where was the ground? Was it that one with the silos in the back along the rail tracks in sunshine rd?

Post Thanks / Like

Funny. I pretty much live in Totty these days. Where was the ground? Was it that one with the silos in the back along the rail tracks in sunshine rd?
    A few people from Totty came to my high school (Sunshine West High) and we would often go to their place, so I knew the area pretty well back then. (1970s). Not sure why they would go all the way to West Sunshine, surely there was a high school closer?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A few people from Totty came to my high school (Sunshine West High) and we would often go to their place, so I knew the area pretty well back then. (1970s). Not sure why they would go all the way to West Sunshine, surely there was a high school closer?
    Now that you mention it there weren't many high schools around. I don't think there was a Totty high, just Totty tech.The only high schools I can think of were Maribyrnong near Highpoint, Footscray high in Spotswood, Footscray Girls in Footscray, Paisley and Willy highs on Willy. There were tech schools in Willy and Footscray. That's not a lot of government secondary schools for the amount of kids there were. There must have been more.

Post Thanks / Like

And Alrona tech and Altona High.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us went to braybrook high or Tottenham tech.
    Tottenham baptist cricket club used two grounds , Tottenham tech ( which is now all houses ) and Henry Turner reserve which is now Merv Hughes oval. ( Parksides old football ground )
    We were all just off melon street, Zenos house is in melon street and still there , he moved to Keilor when he left primary school.
    My old house is still there 13 alwyn court which sold last week for $745000 ! It's an old concrete commission home. Wow !
    Phil Okeefe lived in the corner of joy and melon , I think his house is still standing too.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Alister eventually married a Lisa Brett( Altona girl) who was a runner in the commonwealth games, they bought a houses just up from the sunshine indoor cricket centre .
    I lost contact around that time but he ended up at Ballarat , St. Albans ( Geelong) he is now back in Bairnsdale, caught up with him at the grand final. Has not changed one iota.
    Butch Litchfield was another player I grew up with who played reserves I think.
    He could have been anything but wasn't to be . A great bloke but the demons got hold of him he isn't in a good place anymore.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Back then Footscray football club sent all its interstate players who were still in school to St John's or what was late called Chisholm College, they won a herald sheild due to that.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us went to braybrook high or Tottenham tech.
    Tottenham baptist cricket club used two grounds , Tottenham tech ( which is now all houses ) and Henry Turner reserve which is now Merv Hughes oval. ( Parksides old football ground )
    We were all just off melon street, Zenos house is in melon street and still there , he moved to Keilor when he left primary school.
    My old house is still there 13 alwyn court which sold last week for $745000 ! It's an old concrete commission home. Wow !
    Phil Okeefe lived in the corner of joy and melon , I think his house is still standing too.
    One of my best friends in the world grew up around the corner from Melon st in Lily st. Her daughter is starring in the AFLW now.

Post Thanks / Like

Alister eventually married a Lisa Brett( Altona girl) who was a runner in the commonwealth games, they bought a houses just up from the sunshine indoor cricket centre .
    I lost contact around that time but he ended up at Ballarat , St. Albans ( Geelong) he is now back in Bairnsdale, caught up with him at the grand final. Has not changed one iota.
    Butch Litchfield was another player I grew up with who played reserves I think.
    He could have been anything but wasn't to be . A great bloke but the demons got hold of him he isn't in a good place anymore.
    Yes I remember Butch killing it in the twos. I thought to myself at the time he was going to be a very good player for us. Wasn't sure what happened after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Back then Footscray football club sent all its interstate players who were still in school to St John's or what was late called Chisholm College, they won a herald sheild due to that.

Heh! We played Chisholm in the qualifying rounds of the Herald Shield the year they won it, it must have been 1982. Anyway we beat a pretty poor Totty tech the round before by ten goals and were thinking we were it and a bit. We strutted around school like peacocks telling everyone what we were going to do with the poncy private school boys when we got hold of them them on Skinner reserve.

Anyway we worked ourselves into a frenzy in the rooms before the game, I've never seen groupthink like it. Then we run down the race onto the ground and take one look at the other mob and I've never seen a team deflate like we did. Puffed out chests went back to normal and heads started to drop because they had kids like the McPherson brothers, Al Ford (i'm pretty sure he was playing) guys like that. Twenty something goals they scored and we kicked three points.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh! We played Chisholm in the qualifying rounds of the Herald Shield the year they won it, it must have been 1982. Anyway we beat a pretty poor Totty tech the round before by ten goals and were thinking we were it and a bit. We strutted around school like peacocks telling everyone what we were going to do with the poncy private school boys when we got hold of them them on Skinner reserve.

Anyway we worked ourselves into a frenzy in the rooms before the game, I've never seen groupthink like it. Then we run down the race onto the ground and take one look at the other mob and I've never seen a team deflate like we did. Puffed out chests went back to normal and heads started to drop because they had kids like the McPherson brothers, Al Ford (i'm pretty sure he was playing) guys like that. Twenty something goals they scored and we kicked three points.
    The dodemaids played for St. John's . Alan and Tony.. Alan was a bit like Dalhaus but Tony was a great cricketer and was always going to be something special.
    Bring back the biff