Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,179
Page 80 of 288 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4312
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That looks progressive. Will's playing style had him in the Dinosaur category.

I wonder how Brad Scott will cope with some intellect on his coaching panel.
    I think his rucking was exceptional he just couldn't keep up pace wise. Shouldn't affect his coaching.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think his rucking was exceptional he just couldn't keep up pace wise. Shouldn't affect his coaching.
    Yep if they had let him use a Segway to get from contest to contest then he'd still be playing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That looks progressive. Will's playing style had him in the Dinosaur category.

I wonder how Brad Scott will cope with some intellect on his coaching panel.
    Minson will be the greatest ruck coach ever but totally ineffective, as he spends the whole season instructing the Norf rucks in German.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer has apparently dropped 4kg and is trying to get into the best shape possible. It will be interesting seeing how he goes at Essendon
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Stringer has apparently dropped 4kg and is trying to get into the best shape possible. It will be interesting seeing how he goes at Essendon
    I predict that there is going to be some short term pain- I think he will get back to his best next year and the headlines, the EFC fans, and Damian Barrett are going to be unbearable.

This will die down in time (hopefully) and I don't wish him any ill will, but I supsect as he becomes comfortable his standards will drop away. Habits are bloody hard things to change, especially if you aren't aware/don't acknowledge them in the first place.

My ideal scenario is that we are flying and whatever he does or doesn't do does not even register in our "too busy winning multiple premierships" world. As an aside, I'd sort of like a gun player or two to leave them to come to us too (for some icing on the 'multiple-premiership/take that Essendon' cake.

Post Thanks / Like

If Schache & Richards are doing ok, that should hopefully balance the media out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I see they’ve installed treadmills in TAB’s. An indictment on him that it took being traded to drop weight

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't lift a weight in 6 months and most footballers will lose 4kg. In fact lose 6kg of muscle, put on 2kg of fat, and bom -4kg and a Herald-Sun front page article about a player from their sponsored club.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this:

Samuel reid‏Verified account
    @Samuelreid50

Anyone know the stat for the most drafted player in history?? Surely I give it a whirl after today. ��
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love this:

Samuel reid‏Verified account
    @Samuelreid50

Anyone know the stat for the most drafted player in history?? Surely I give it a whirl after today. ��
    Have to say I am pretty stoked for him. Has done incredibly well with all of that young talent to keep getting a gig. Wasn't he essentially steak knives so that Cal Ward would have a mate to go up there with him?

Post Thanks / Like

I think 'stable pony' was the phrase they used. Loved that.

Post Thanks / Like

Crammers to Geelong in the rookie draft.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Talia to Norwood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Michael Talia to Norwood
    If it's not too much to ask for, and let me know if it is. But. Can you please attend every game he plays and mercilessly abuse that monkey *!*!*!*!er the entire time, week in and out?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Michael Talia to Norwood
    I knew smoking dope was legal in Adelaide-the first time I was there a bloke I'd never met walked up and handed me a bud! Didn't know they had extended it to coke as well.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.