Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 95 of 284 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4260
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Gilbee 3rd right and Farren Ray next that bloke who rehabs at GWS
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Gilbee 3rd right and Farren Ray next that bloke who rehabs at GWS
    Deledio?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Yes, Mitch Hahn, Will Minson. “Shaggy” Hargreaves. Farren Ray. Ryan Griffen. Gilbert, Cooney, Eagleton.

I really regret that Callan Ward left. He’d still be a mainstay of our midfield, though I think the story goes that we used the pick for Jack Macrae.
    Hargrave...

Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Mitch Hahn, Will Minson. “Shaggy” Hargreaves. Farren Ray. Ryan Griffen. Gilbert, Cooney, Eagleton.

I really regret that Callan Ward left. He’d still be a mainstay of our midfield, though I think the story goes that we used the pick for Jack Macrae.
    oh my
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Farren Ray next to Grfine or whatever his name is, he wore number 16...

Big Wil Minson and Shaggy Hargrave.

So Aker, Johnno, Hahn, Minson, Everitt, Hargrave, Ray, turdface, Gilbee, Cooney and Eagleton

Turdface ... he he he
    WOOF Member 422

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Turdface ... he he he

He is a turdface!

Give him his due though. I don't think we would have won the 2016 flag without his help.

8. Likes Scraggers, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Deledio?
    I've lost my like button so I'll use this

Edit I'm old and stupid and maybe a bit blind. Ok I had a boy look......
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hargrave...

C’mon...I was struggling to remember his first name, let alone how to spell his surname...I feel like an ancient computer that’s run out of storage space and has deleted important data leaving me only with crystal clear memories of matches at the Western Oval in the 80s and who let us down in all those PF losses.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

C’mon...I was struggling to remember his first name, let alone how to spell his surname...I feel like an ancient computer that’s run out of storage space and has deleted important data leaving me only with crystal clear memories of matches at the Western Oval in the 80s and who let us down in all those PF losses.

Talking about ancient, I went into Sims the other night to buy cigeratte papers. The security guy comes hustling over demanding to see my ID! I said "oh mate, fair dinkum I could kiss you" (given he was African and had never met me before I don't think that went down very well) so I showed him my licence which he took out of my hand (without asking) and asks me my date of birth. I told him and he's trying to work out how old I was. I said I was tired of this game already and snatched my card back out of his hand, swore at him a few times and walked out. I'm 54 and one of the privileges of being 54 is I get to get offended when people ask me how old I am!

13. Likes Templeton31, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking about ancient, I went into Sims the other night to buy cigeratte papers. The security guy comes hustling over demanding to see my ID! I said "oh mate, fair dinkum I could kiss you" (given he was African and had never met me before I don't think that went down very well) so I showed him my licence which he took out of my hand (without asking) and asks me my date of birth. I told him and he's trying to work out how old I was. I said I was tired of this game already and snatched my card back out of his hand, swore at him a few times and walked out. I'm 54 and one of the privileges of being 54 is I get to get offended when people ask me how old I am!
    Hang on you were supposed to have stopped smoking by now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hang on you were supposed to have stopped smoking by now.
    Oh yeah...

Did I leave the bit out where I was buying them for someone else? A little kid asked to buy him some outside the shop! And he let me keep the change.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I worked for Woolworths our policy was to ask for ID if the person looked under 30.

I know you've grown your hair out but I'll be *!*!*!*!ed if you look under 30.

For what its worth we always took the ID in hand and inspected it to make sure it was legitimate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    When I worked for Woolworths our policy was to ask for ID if the person looked under 30.

I know you've grown your hair out but I'll be *!*!*!*!ed if you look under 30.

For what its worth we always took the ID in hand and inspected it to make sure it was legitimate.

Mum made me get a haircut for dads funeral. A couple of, umm, new friends that I made, said it looked good good so I kept it shorter.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Murphy on SEN, just said that the reason Higgins left was because he fell out of favour with BMAC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bob Murphy on SEN, just said that the reason Higgins left was because he fell out of favour with BMAC
    Who didn't fall out with BMac in the end?